PDA

View Full Version : Relegation or Title chasing

JimmyV66
14-01-2014, 08:07 PM
Take West Ham out of things for this question. What do you find more exciting. The race for the title and champions league or the race to avoid relegation.

Personally i prefer watching the relegation battle.

Whenever West Ham have been in the second tier or have been in the top flight but pretty safe from any relegation danger i still enjoy watching the teams at the bottom scapping and fighting to try and avoid the dreaded drop.

Apart from perhaps this year the race for the title and top 4 is usally pretty "Meh"

PDGPaul
14-01-2014, 08:44 PM
Yes I agree that the scrap at the bottom is more exiting. However I much prefer watching WestHam when they are reasonably comfortable in the table. The pressure is too intense at times like now.

castiron
14-01-2014, 08:49 PM
Relegation battle for me. The feeling after Saturdays game, just getting a win, was immense. We go again Saturday :O

SwearryThierry53
14-01-2014, 08:54 PM
Evening all. I'm resigned to never having anything other than academic interest in the outcome of the title race. Would be more than content to have the same level of indifference to who gets relegated ;D

Mid table mediocrity, and a good cup run, for me all day long!

Taansend
14-01-2014, 09:46 PM
Both :D

Probably more looking at relegation in the past as we're usually involved in it but this seasons title race is pretty exciting as Arsenal were written off by many, Citeh have (had) an unknown manager, Chelsea have their mancrush back, Martinez is going great things with Everton & Suarez is FLYING for a resurgent Liverpool. And will Man U finish in the top four.

And of course there's the big club Tottenham B)

bonzosbest74
14-01-2014, 10:47 PM
I like the title race because of the quality of football. It's very entertaining watching players like Aguero, Van Persie & Cazorla battling it out.

DEVONSPUR
14-01-2014, 11:43 PM
Both :D

Probably more looking at relegation in the past as we're usually involved in it but this seasons title race is pretty exciting as Arsenal were written off by many, Citeh have (had) an unknown manager, Chelsea have their mancrush back, Martinez is going great things with Everton & Suarez is FLYING for a resurgent Liverpool. And will Man U finish in the top four.

And of course there's the big club Tottenham B)

And there was me thinking you were never going to mention us!!!
But maybe not this season, just settle for 4th and push on next season!

Now that you've re-discovered the "West Ham" way with that result you might be in the same division!!

I don't know if you're a betting man but I wonder what odds could have been taken for the top 7 clubs all winning by 2 clear goals!

Amazing!

Whiskyman
15-01-2014, 07:51 AM
Relegation battle as usual. The title, if it's not decided by April, which it often is, is going to be fought out between City, Chelsea and Arsenal. We all KNOW that don't we? But at least this year it could be a close one.

Relegation looks as if it could involve up to 11 teams right up until pretty much the death.

And edit to say if we could take West Ham out of the equation it would be even more interesting imo. ;D

IronworksFC
15-01-2014, 08:11 AM
Take West Ham out of things for this question. What do you find more exciting. The race for the title and champions league or the race to avoid relegation.

Personally i prefer watching the relegation battle.

Whenever West Ham have been in the second tier or have been in the top flight but pretty safe from any relegation danger i still enjoy watching the teams at the bottom scapping and fighting to try and avoid the dreaded drop.

Apart from perhaps this year the race for the title and top 4 is usally pretty "Meh"

Are you telling me that the constant drama is more exciting than the 98/99 season when we finished 5th? I know there was a fairly substantial gap between us and 3rd and 4th places, but the thought of breaking into the top 4 was amazing.

Although when you look at what happened to Leeds, maybe it was a good thing we didn't.

Hammerman69
15-01-2014, 11:48 AM
For me ... relegation battle.

Normally the title race is over by now and is very dull. Perhaps this season it looks like it will be more exciting but it is still probably a 3 horse race whereas any 3 from 10 could go down.

only1salty
15-01-2014, 12:33 PM
Title chase

If actually watching the games the football is so much better. Same reason I watch La Liga football.

JimmyV66
15-01-2014, 12:37 PM
I knew some would miss the first part. I did say if you take West Ham out of the question. XD

Whiskyman
15-01-2014, 04:30 PM
Title chase

If actually watching the games the football is so much better. Same reason I watch La Liga football.

I think we'd all agree the football involving the top teams is much more watchable. In fact I certainly wouldn't watch games involving West Ham if I didn't support the club. But I must admit to closely watching the weekly performances of the relegation runners and riders.

And like you I watch La Liga and the relegation scrap in that league normally involves at least 8 or 9 clubs. At least Atletico have turned the usual 2 team procession into a 3 team race this year.

Just needs someone to do the same in Germany.

jon15u
15-01-2014, 04:54 PM
pick a team i dont want to win the prem and hope. for some reason its always Chelski.

Same applies for the bottom, wigan last year, havent got a preference this year. so just biting my nails its not us.