PDA

View Full Version : Lonergan will not give up Bolton Wanderers No 1 shirt..

campo21
14-01-2014, 10:29 PM
ANDY Lonergan hopes man-of-the-match displays like the one against Nottingham Forest on Saturday will see him retain the Wanderers number one jersey for a few weeks yet.

Lonergan has been between the sticks since first-choice Adam Bogdan picked up a knee injury in a 1-1 home draw with Sheffield Wednesday in October – a run of 14 successive outings.

But Bogdan is edging closer to a return after completing 90 minutes for the Under-21s yesterday in their 4-0 win at Leicester City where goals from Conor Wilkinson, Tom Youngs (two) and Zach Clough sealed three points.

The Hungarian is likely to be pushing for a first-team recall in the coming weeks provided there are no ill-effects following his first outing in almost three months.

But Lonergan is happy to have that competition and to leave the decision-making to manager Dougie Freedman.

The former Leeds and Preston stopper said: “If I’m in the team then I have to keep playing well.

“I know that Adam is a fantastic keeper and he

campo21
14-01-2014, 10:30 PM
Let's hope and pray dougie sticks with him,i also see from above conor wilkinson scored again when is this lad going to get a run out in the 1st team?

Bolton_Warren
15-01-2014, 03:43 PM
He has hardly put a foot wrong since coming into the side so it would be very unfair for him to be dropped.

I do like Bogdan and think that in a few years he will be a very good keeper but at the moment I'd stick with Lonergan.

campo21
15-01-2014, 08:05 PM
He has hardly put a foot wrong since coming into the side so it would be very unfair for him to be dropped.

I do like Bogdan and think that in a few years he will be a very good keeper but at the moment I'd stick with Lonergan.
Spot on there warren.

JimmyJazz64
15-01-2014, 08:33 PM
Yeah - agree with both of you