PDA

View Full Version : Stains chairman cortese set to leave

pfcsteve72
15-01-2014, 06:19 AM
Ac Milan and Juventus are wanting his services
and if Cortese goes, Pochettino says he'll leave the club too...

lovedeanblue
15-01-2014, 08:13 AM
SSN were reporting last night that they understand he is definitely going, just a matter of when... If he does go, he won't be the only one for sure :O

chiswickmart
15-01-2014, 08:14 AM
I think it says more about the money available at the club. Cortese has made a career out of spending other people's money (quite wisely to be fair). So if he's leaving Scum that would suggest there could be an end to the Liebherr support.

Back to the relegation fights for them.

Southerndown
15-01-2014, 09:53 AM
Mmmm well that could be interesting, particularly if Pochettino legs it too, cue some bedwetting!
Talking of which where is Fiddler, he's been very quiet?

chiswickmart
15-01-2014, 11:07 AM
If he does go it seems the Liebherrs will sell up too. What are the bets they cash in on assets like Lallana and Shaw before that?

BlueAdder
15-01-2014, 11:12 AM
Sounds a bit like wishful thinking to me lads.
I reckon activity in the transfer market will be a reliable guide to any upcoming moves on the part of Saint's management.
A race to the Championship perhaps? B)

pompeygun
15-01-2014, 01:10 PM
All I can think of @ this time if true is...

...XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

midhurstblue
15-01-2014, 01:34 PM
All I can think of @ this time if true is...

...XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD
My thoughts exactly.XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

PompeyGlenn
15-01-2014, 03:39 PM
According to Sky. Lieberherr (?- dont give a feck how its spelt actually)has put the club up for sale and Cortese has put in his notice. Potichello (whatever)has stated that if Cortese leaves so will he.

Looks promising , what with all those BVI loans etc the future looks brown. Looking forward with sadistic glee to the months ahead :D :D :D :D :D :D

souths1
15-01-2014, 04:23 PM
Glenn, without you're blue specks on how do you really see this unfolding?
If Cortese leaves and takes the manager with him and SFC gets put on the market, what do you think a new stadium, a state of art academy and players which top of the league teams are queuing up for worth?( nearest 10's of million will do)

KENWRIGHT
15-01-2014, 05:15 PM
Glenn, without you're blue specks on how do you really see this unfolding?
If Cortese leaves and takes the manager with him and SFC gets put on the market, what do you think a new stadium, a state of art academy and players which top of the league teams are queuing up for worth?( nearest 10's of million will do)

Put it this way, any decent asset stripper will sell the fecking lot and do a runner...minimum of 70 million from Sky next year...straight in tbeir back pocket never to be seen by the fans or players...>:)

PompeyGlenn
15-01-2014, 05:20 PM
Well selling,Shaw, Lallana, JRod and Ramirez should sort out the BVI loans. And the compo for Pochettino, should give the owners some holiday money, before asset stripping and not giving a flying feck who they sell you to, as long as the moolah goes straight into their bank accounts.

souths1
15-01-2014, 05:35 PM
Thank god we've the FPPT now then.XD XD O:)

Jim
15-01-2014, 05:39 PM
The FPPT still means jack. Look what the current Hull owner is doing at the moment in terms of "If I can't change the I'm selling up and the fans can just go and die."

As for Cortese, if he does leave then at least Scum have the opportunity to get a man in who knows a thing about PR. South Coast Club have hardly made any friends during his tenure, have they?

KENWRIGHT
15-01-2014, 05:48 PM
And of course once they've sold the best players and got relegated there's 100 million in parachute payments over the next 3 years...and all the time laughing at the fans.
We know, we've been there...
Best start up a Trust asap...oh no I forgot..they don't do saving their club..

souths1
15-01-2014, 05:49 PM
That was tongue in cheek Jim, whatever happens happens.O:)

Southerndown
15-01-2014, 06:01 PM
This is all a bit 'unfortunate', particularly as Southampton are having their most successful season in years. All the money that's been spent on players and facilities to get them to this position and now this little public sqaubble! It's also quite a strange turn of events for the manager to say he'll go too if the chairman goes.
As per Cardiff and Hull, how to (potentially) feck up a successful season!
I would guess it's brinkmanship by old Nasty Nic but if it does transpire that he's had a better offer from a Juventus or Milan then so much for the 'In NC we trust brigade'! :s

Jim
15-01-2014, 06:06 PM
Apparently he's not had any offer and it's simply just because he's squinnying about no investment. Still, he'd be stupid to stay at Southampton if there's a job at Milan or Juve going.

What's Peter Storrie up to these days?

Southerndown
15-01-2014, 06:16 PM
I wonder if Francis Benali and Le Tissier will be invited to his leaving party

Southerndown
15-01-2014, 06:27 PM
Oops!

See link... - view external link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25752833)

pompeygun
15-01-2014, 06:56 PM
So Katharina Liebherr is taking over as Chairman.
Oh dear. XD XD XD XD
Someone who has little interest in football is going to be Chairman.
>:) >:)

ponytamer
15-01-2014, 07:17 PM
XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

geoffp
15-01-2014, 07:24 PM
So Katharina Liebherr is taking over as Chairman.
Oh dear. XD XD XD XD
Someone who has little interest in football is going to be Chairman.
>:) >:)

Some might say she's in the right place, I suppose...>:)

bluechimes
15-01-2014, 07:32 PM
Well iots all very funny comments I'm sure

But just rumour/speculation with no hard evidence

Little to get excited about IMO anyway pure conjecture that if Cortese goes the House will collapse. My guess it if he goes they will find another Manager with no other rats leaving any perceived sinking ship

Suggest you all play a watching brief before counting your chickens in the roost.

Remember he/she who laughs last laughs longest and loudest

Mind you

Scummers must be wetting in the beds tonight

XD XD XD XD

BC

:D :D :D

pompeygun
15-01-2014, 08:12 PM
BC, that particular house won't collapse. The setup is decent & with a minimum 60m from sky it would have to be a catastrophe.
Maybe they'll have to put the charge for CL or better(kernow) on hold for a while. :D
All in all though nice to see a degree of disarray for the pony pumpers.;D

kernow
15-01-2014, 09:10 PM
Tut tut. As NTM says, " you're a bad man pompeygun !" ;)

Never once has this fan mentioned, or ever even wet the bed dreaming about the CL for little Saints !

Back to the old, usual and normal uncertainties.

At least you've all got something to cheer now ! :D

pompeygun
15-01-2014, 09:25 PM
[quote="kernow" ;)

Never once has this fan mentioned, or ever even wet the bed dreaming about the CL for little Saints !

Back to the old, usual and normal uncertainties.

At least you've all got something to cheer now ! :D[/quote]

Ermm I would use the search function but after the revamp its vanished. However my old china you definitely mentioned something about disturbing the equalibrium @ the high end of the PL. Oh yes you did!!:D
I've got a memory like an elephant @ times. Thats not where the similarity ends. ;D ;D

mky21
16-01-2014, 01:58 PM
its about a year too late imo .. i doubt it will all come crashing down for the stains, but, i bet they are all crapping themselves .. the guy from the stains fan supporters group was gobsmacked on ssn last night .. boo hoo .. XD ;D B)

Selwyn_Frogmore
17-01-2014, 01:09 PM
Comment from Pocchettino " Que ? No comprende Inglese " XD

kernow
17-01-2014, 09:11 PM
No comprendo.
De nada. O:)