PDA

View Full Version : No new strikers

Ironsides
16-01-2014, 05:28 PM
Here we are, 16 days into the transfer window and still no new strikers. This when we all know, including the Fat Northerner and the Chuckle Brothers, that we are desperate for fire power. You would think, given this fact, the professional thing to do would be to have deals set up, ready to be signed at midnight on 31st Dec. But no, another example of mismanagement, on the same level that saw us with only Miaga at the start of the season. It's 16 days wasted! I never thought I would see the day Hull would be more attractive to play for than my great club. Jelavic and Long are both better than what we've got, yet we didn't bother trying to sign them. The Chuckle Brothers are trying to do it on the cheap, that's why we're struggling to sign anyone. Brum fans warned us, how right they were.

garycee
16-01-2014, 05:49 PM
Keep your hair on mate!
I know where you're coming from BUT in a few days time we could have either Gyan, Traore, Lambert, Lescott (ok, not a striker) or all of them?

I think the board actually have their heads screwed on this time and know the bobby moore so we'll be ok. This is probably one of the most important transfer periods ever for us because of what is at stake with the OS etc.

COYI!

GARNETT
16-01-2014, 05:51 PM
I do believe a new signing came on in after 72 mins last Saturday and a striker taboot.

behrami_army
16-01-2014, 05:58 PM
According to macdonald allardyce is trying to tie up a striker as we speak so keep the faith fella:)
As for jelavic and long they may be better than maiga but definately not carroll and cole and definately not worth 7m each.

Ironsides
16-01-2014, 07:25 PM
Carroll, considered as a new striker? F@ck we are clutching at straws.

Taansend
16-01-2014, 07:36 PM
Carroll, considered as a new striker? F@ck we are clutching at straws.

Well Cardiff was the first appearance since we signed him so he is a new striker.

GARNETT
16-01-2014, 07:38 PM
Technically it was his debut as a West Ham player, long awaited granted.

avit
16-01-2014, 07:47 PM
Apparently Ravel is a striker now

kirkup
16-01-2014, 08:23 PM
Here we are, 16 days into the transfer window and still no new strikers. This when we all know, including the Fat Northerner and the Chuckle Brothers, that we are desperate for fire power. You would think, given this fact, the professional thing to do would be to have deals set up, ready to be signed at midnight on 31st Dec. But no, another example of mismanagement, on the same level that saw us with only Miaga at the start of the season. It's 16 days wasted! I never thought I would see the day Hull would be more attractive to play for than my great club. Jelavic and Long are both better than what we've got, yet we didn't bother trying to sign them. The Chuckle Brothers are trying to do it on the cheap, that's why we're struggling to sign anyone. Brum fans warned us, how right they were.

Or perhaps on the other hand other club(s) involved were not ready to do business on day 1 of the transfer window. In any case how do you hav

JimmyV66
16-01-2014, 08:55 PM
Kirkup you have to at some point admit that G & S have made mistakes.

Why not have a dig at David Gold who told everyone that a striker would be signed wthin 48 hours of the transfer window opening up.

Or David Sullivan who also claimed the same, only this time that it would be two top signings within 48 hours.

16 January now and the only signing is a failed league 1 player on a short term contract.

It would seem to some on here that our manager and owners can do nothing wrong and if you are frustrated at what is going on both on the pitch and off then you are a whinger and not a proper fan.

BonzosBest post the other day was spot on.

PS before you say well problems with transfers do happen, that is correct. Best not then tell all and sundry that you will sign 2 within 48 hours.

Dont announce that and no one can call you out on it. Not for the first time they have cocked things up in the old PR department. Wont be the last ethier.

kirkup
16-01-2014, 09:09 PM
Jim,

I'm going to dig out people whinging for whinging sake take it or leave it. They are free to reply how they choose.

As for Gold, Sullivan et al, I personally don't read much of what they say at all, when and if anything happens, it appears on the OS that will do for me.

As for Bonzos post which had a lot of merit, BUT as I have already said there is also a counterbalance needed on here, as well.

Hopefully people are not so precious when they get pulled up, on some of the nonsense they post as they appear to be with their whinging/criticisms whatever you wish to call it, and as for the pathetic calling of the manager/board, it's my opinion that some need to fu(king grow up as well.

JimmyV66
16-01-2014, 09:13 PM
Not seen any calling, so hope you did not mean me. Well not this time anyway. XD

As for West Ham, what is that saying? Hope for the best, prepare for the worse.

We should all be used to West Ham never doing things the easy way or for things going wrong just as they looked to be going right.

"fortune's allways hiding" afterall. B)

kirkup
16-01-2014, 09:28 PM
Agreed, has been from the Pratts, Cearns, Brown (Spit) and on and on.

Not you on the calling front, just some of the classics like Frogadyce, toady, Tits McGee etc. etc., no Plan B, we only hoof the ball (another lie), you get my drift.

Anyways enough for tonight, more important things in life for tomorrow, than worrying about this enigma of a club.

JimmyV66
16-01-2014, 09:31 PM
Tits McGee??? XD XD

Not heard anyone call him that before, but we had a teacher at my school with that Nickname.

bonzosbest74
16-01-2014, 09:41 PM
Tits McGee??? XD XD

Not heard anyone call him that before, but we had a teacher at my school with that Nickname.

XD XD Me neither.

I bet Kirky made that one up all by himself ;D

ronnieboyce
16-01-2014, 11:12 PM
Time for some-calling, I think.
Don't post often, but been watching since 1962, so entitled to an opinion. Which is, Kirkup, despite naming himself after a decent left back from the 60s, is a complete to**er. The teams that Allardicee, manager in waiting at Barca and elsewhere, has put out and prepared, are trained not to play football in any fashion that most of us understand the term. He is, as Woo and others have consistently stated, an arrogant (unt, who should, since he first appeared in the English game, be done for bringing the game into disrepute every time he opens his charmless gob. How dare Kirkup, and others like him, suggest that people like me, who have supported this club, home and away for more than half a century, and lived through nights like losing 3-0 to Mansfield ( I was there) suggest that we are just moaning? This is the worst it's been in all that time, and we have a right to say so.

Ironsides
17-01-2014, 08:41 AM
The world according to Kirkup; we are in a Champions League position, we beat Man City 6-0 and on our way to Wembley, we beat Forest 5-0 in the FA Cup, we have had this seasons most prolific strikers in the Premier League and our manager is admired across Europe and wanted by Bayern Munich.

No need to worry folks, Kirkup says so.

only1salty
17-01-2014, 09:30 AM
The teams that Allardicee, manager in waiting at Barca and elsewhere, has put out and prepared, are trained not to play football in any fashion that most of us understand the term. He is, as Woo and others have consistently stated, an arrogant (unt, who should, since he first appeared in the English game, be done for bringing the game into disrepute every time he opens his charmless gob. How dare Kirkup, and others like him, suggest that people like me, who have supported this club, home and away for more than half a century, and lived through nights like losing 3-0 to Mansfield ( I was there) suggest that we are just moaning? This is the worst it's been in all that time, and we have a right to say so.

Welcome to the board.

Totally agree with most of that.

dagenhamdave
17-01-2014, 10:05 AM
Don't post often, but been watching since 1962, so entitled to an opinion. Which is, Kirkup, despite naming himself after a decent left back from the 60s, is a complete to**er. The teams that Allardicee, manager in waiting at Barca and elsewhere, has put out and prepared, are trained not to play football in any fashion that most of us understand the term. He is, as Woo and others have consistently stated, an arrogant (unt, who should, since he first appeared in the English game, be done for bringing the game into disrepute every time he opens his charmless gob. How dare Kirkup, and others like him, suggest that people like me, who have supported this club, home and away for more than half a century, and lived through nights like losing 3-0 to Mansfield ( I was there) suggest that we are just moaning? This is the worst it's been in all that time, and we have a right to say so.

Well said that m

palerider
17-01-2014, 11:21 AM
[quote="dagenhamdave"]Time for some-calling, I think.
Don't post often, but been watching since 1962, so entitled to an opinion. Which is, Kirkup, despite naming himself after a decent left back from the 60s, is a complete to**er. The teams that Allardicee, manager in waiting at Barca and elsewhere, has put out and prepared, are trained not to play football in any fashion that most of us understand the term. He is, as Woo and others have consistently stated, an arrogant (unt, who should, since he first appeared in the English game, be done for bringing the game into disrepute every time he opens his charmless gob. How dare Kirkup, and others like him, suggest that people like me, who have supported this club, home and away for more than half a century, and lived through nights like losing 3-0 to Mansfield ( I was there) suggest that we are just moaning? This is the worst it's been in all that time, and we

mickyj
17-01-2014, 11:39 AM
All gone too quiet for my liking mate, I'm hoping it's gone quiet on that deal because we may be making great strides in signing Rickie Lambert instead but my gut instinct tells me we have just wasted too much time and will end up with someone like Kenwyne jones.

Hope I'm wrong.

Hammerman69
17-01-2014, 12:39 PM

To be honest, I think this is a tad naive mate...it doesn't work like that.

Most players moving in Jan are in a chain a bit like a house mo

BlackDiamond
17-01-2014, 01:12 PM
We have two strikers in AC and the Cobra. Newpapers have us linked with Lambert and Traore.

So will we at January's conclusion have four strikers ? :O

Now that can't happen can it ? Samuel likes to setup with one target man, always has.

You can believe we are pursuing additional strikers; but ask yourself, why would the club award the Cobra an eigh**** month 40K a week contract, if they did not envisage using him ?

Don't want to dampen peeps hopes, but there it is.

mickyj
17-01-2014, 02:15 PM
We have two strikers in AC and the Cobra. Newpapers have us linked with Lambert and Traore.

Now that can't happen can it ? Samuel likes to setup with one target man, always has.

You can believe we are pursuing additional strikers; but ask yourself, why would the club award the Cobra an eigh**** month 40K a week contract, if they did not envisage using him ?

Don't want to dampen peeps hopes, but there it is. I have this horrible feeling you are right. Southampton apparently not selling any of the Squad, no news on the Traore deal, a certain injury to Andy Carroll within a month and a bottom 3 place at the end of the season. :blue:

Dosent matter though at least "we tried"

SepticHammer
17-01-2014, 02:20 PM
So if Lambert's out, is Traore still available or have we blown that too?

Now the claims of boardroom incompetence is starting to gain credence, hope my worse fears are proved wrong. - view external link (www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/9120325/southampton-not-planning-to-sell-star-players-says-katarina-liebherr)

Tone_Loc
17-01-2014, 02:39 PM

True BD but we CANNOT make the same mistake again by assuming Carroll's fitness until the end of the season (although these guys have some serious 'previous' at repeating the same mistakes :) ).

Out with Maiga and bring in a better quality striker.

But... the problem is... if said striker assumes Carroll's fitness, he will also presume a lot of time getting splinters in his ar-se.

BlackDiamond
17-01-2014, 03:49 PM

True BD but we CANNOT make the same mistake again by assuming Carroll's fitness until the end of the season (although these guys have some serious 'previous' at repeating the same mistakes :) ).

But... the problem is... if said striker assumes Carroll's fitness, he will also presume a lot of time getting splinters in his ar-se.[/quote]

I think our owners like

Hammerman69
17-01-2014, 04:08 PM

Well you ARE moa

Tone_Loc
17-01-2014, 04:56 PM

But... the problem is... if said striker assumes Carroll's fitness, he will also presume a lot of time getting splinte

JimmyV66
17-01-2014, 05:37 PM
Well i was confident that we would sign someone in time for another must win game saturday.

That has not happened and anyone now signed would not be able to play against the toon.

Hoping the stories linking us with Ricky Lambert are not true. Would be a shocking signing.

dagenhamdave
17-01-2014, 06:35 PM
[quote="Hammerman69"]Time for some-calling, I think.
Don't post often, but been watching since 1962, so entitled to an opinion. Which is, Kirkup, despite naming himself after a decent left back from the 60s, is a complete to**er. The teams that Allardicee, manager in waiting at Barca and elsewhere, has put out and prepared, are trained not to play football in any fashion that most of us understand the term. He is, as Woo and others have consistently stated, an arrogant (unt, who should, since he first appeared in the English game, be done for bringing the game into disrepute every time he opens his charmless gob. How dare Kirkup, and others like him, suggest that people like me, who have supported this club, home and away for more than half a century, and lived through nights like losing 3-0 to Mansfield ( I was there) suggest that we are just moaning? This is the worst it's been in all that time, and we

Hammerman69
17-01-2014, 06:41 PM
Yes...I did so I already knew he was a 50+ year supporter...just wondered why you felt the need to bring that up...never mind..

kirkup
17-01-2014, 08:17 PM
Tits McGee??? XD XD

XD XD Me neither.

I bet Kirky made that one up all by himself ;D[/quote]

Never heard of Brady being called Tits McGee, my my you chaps have led a sheltered life :D

kirkup
17-01-2014, 08:24 PM

You sure do Fu(k

kirkup
17-01-2014, 08:29 PM
The world according to Kirkup; we are in a Champions League position, we beat Man City 6-0 and on our way to Wembley, we beat Forest 5-0 in the FA Cup, we have had this seasons most prolific strikers in the Premier League and our manager is admired across Europe and wanted by Bayern Munich.

No need to worry folks, Kirkup says so.

And you still spout bollo(ks in your fantasy world, without having the faintest idea what is happening, have you.

JimmyV66
17-01-2014, 08:32 PM
"Never heard of Brady being called Tits McGee, my my you chaps have led a sheltered life "

Ahh, sorry i thought you meant people had called Allardyce that. Makes more sense that you meant Brady. XD

I just normally call her the Devil. ;)

kirkup
17-01-2014, 08:38 PM
[quote="JimmyV66"

Ahh, sorry i thought you meant people had called Allardyce that. Makes more sense that you meant Brady. XD

I just normally call her the Devil. ;)[/quote]

Many do Jim, many do :D

dagenhamJohn
17-01-2014, 08:42 PM
the sheltered life people are in abundance i see :)

time to greet the big bad world now peeps XD

should we get a result against the Toon tommorrow i expect a rather boring Hammersmad board! ;D XD

JimmyV66
17-01-2014, 08:43 PM
She has ideas of oneday being the next female Prime Minister.

Be afraid, be very afraid. :O

dagenhamJohn
17-01-2014, 08:44 PM
always admired the Iron lady personally ;D

hammeredhome
17-01-2014, 08:47 PM

We could do a lot worse mate

JimmyV66
17-01-2014, 08:53 PM

We could do a lot worse mate[/quote]

NO, no we could not.

hammeredhome
17-01-2014, 08:56 PM

We could do a lot worse mate[/quote]

NO, no we could not.[/quote]

Does she make you feel inadequate?????

JimmyV66
17-01-2014, 09:01 PM
What a stupid reply.

Because i dont like her and dont think she would make a good prime minitser that is all you can come up with?

Her *** has nothing to do with it. She is nasty vile bitch who would walk over her own family to get what she wants.

hammeredhome
17-01-2014, 09:06 PM
What a stupid reply.

Because i dont like her and dont think she would make a good prime minitser that is all you can come up with?

Her *** has nothing to do with it. She is nasty vile bitch who would walk over her own family to get what she wants.

That's a very bold statement, can you back it up?

That would be with FACTS, not opinions by the way.

JimmyV66
17-01-2014, 09:09 PM
Why are you spoiling for a row for crying out loud HH?

You like her, i dont. You came out with a pretty lame reply, i answered.

Im leaving it out that now. If you have a hard-on for her, then good for you.

hammeredhome
17-01-2014, 09:13 PM
Why are you spoiling for a row for crying out loud HH?

You like her, i dont. You came out with a pretty lame reply, i answered.

Im leaving it out that now. If you have a hard-on for her, then good for you.

Wind your neck in Jimbo, it was a joke ffs, that's the way I always post.

But I would smash her back doors in.

bonzosbest74
17-01-2014, 09:18 PM
Me too >:) . . . . . .Prime Minister or just plain old Chief Exce

JimmyV66
17-01-2014, 09:21 PM
Not my cup of tea HH, but just for you mate. B)

http://i42.tinypic.com/2pqna74.jpg

hammeredhome
17-01-2014, 09:24 PM

The bird bottom left has got some f.ucking jaw bone.

hammeredhome
17-01-2014, 09:25 PM

The bird bottom left has got some f.ucking jaw bone.[/quote]

And what the f.uck is the bloke behind sniffing.

JimmyV66
17-01-2014, 09:26 PM
I think it may be a man in a wig. :/

bonzosbest74
17-01-2014, 09:26 PM

Why is it just for him >:(

bonzosbest74
17-01-2014, 09:27 PM

XD

It's David Coulthard

hammeredhome
17-01-2014, 09:27 PM

Why is it just for him >:([/quote]

Coz it is.>:( >:(

bonzosbest74
17-01-2014, 09:28 PM
I'll get my own then >:(

hammeredhome
17-01-2014, 09:28 PM

XD

It's David Coulthard[/quote]

XD XD XD

hammeredhome
17-01-2014, 09:29 PM

You can have her mate.

(Bottom left).XD

JimmyV66
17-01-2014, 09:32 PM
"Why is it just for him "

I always thought you liked them built like a country mate.

bonzosbest74
17-01-2014, 09:33 PM

There you go Bonzo mate :heart:

http://i40.tinypic.com/ejj4fa.jpg

bonzosbest74
17-01-2014, 09:34 PM
[quote="JimmyV66"

I always thought you liked them built like a country mate.[/quote]

I did but my new years resolution is to impose a 16st limit. :blue:

JimmyV66
17-01-2014, 09:35 PM
In that last picture of her i have to say she does kind of look "special"

hammeredhome
17-01-2014, 09:35 PM

There you go Bonzo mate :heart:

http://i40.tinypic.com/ejj4fa.jpg[/quote]

That's her sister, the one with the short fingers.

You should be fine there mate.XD XD

hammeredhome
17-01-2014, 09:37 PM
[quote="JimmyV66"[/quote]

F.uck off, she's mine, unless it's the short fingered one, then it's Bonzos.

bonzosbest74
17-01-2014, 09:39 PM
Short fingers make one's c0ck look bigger.

Am I allowed to say that on here? :D

bonzosbest74
17-01-2014, 09:40 PM
This thread has significantly improved XD Just like the good old days.

hammeredhome
17-01-2014, 09:42 PM

A bit of luck, and no one will notice, however I see that DJ is logged in.:D

hammeredhome
17-01-2014, 09:45 PM
This thread has significantly improved XD Just like the good old days.

Indeed, all we need now is Dolfo or Mangle.:)

bonzosbest74
17-01-2014, 09:45 PM

A bit of luck, and no one will notice, however I see that DJ is logged in.:D[/quote]

He's probably thought 'oh good, 60+ reply's on the striker thread. . . ..I wonder who we've signed' >;)

Little does he know the thread's been baulked up with saucy talk

hammeredhome
17-01-2014, 09:48 PM

A bit of luck, and no one will notice, however I see that DJ is logged in.:D[/quote]

He's probably thought 'oh good, 60+ reply's on the striker thread. . . ..I wonder who we've signed' >;)

Little does he know the thread's been baulked up with saucy talk[/quote]

By the time he replies, it'll be time for breakfast ffs.

bonzosbest74
17-01-2014, 09:52 PM
He's probably having a 'cheeky one' looking at those pics :D

BlackDiamond
18-01-2014, 12:49 AM
Why does pictures of the pointy tongued fellatrix elicit such traffic ?

I would hope she is looking at transfers from a business value perspective. And she might have vetoed the Lambert approach vis a vis £7M for a 32 yr old, with no sell on value.

Not to mention, only one season of premiership experience. And f.uck England appearances, quite a lot of dross have been capped over the years.

mickyj
18-01-2014, 03:47 AM

Why is it just for him >:([/quote]
I

Coz it is.>:( >:([/quote]I've just got in from work and knocked one out on the strength of this picture...just wanted to let you all know that's all.

dagenhamdave
18-01-2014, 10:08 AM
[quote="kirkup"]Time for some-calling, I think.
Don't post often, but been watching since 1962, so entitled to an opinion. Which is, Kirkup, despite naming himself after a decent left back from the 60s, is a complete to**er. The teams that Allardicee, manager in waiting at Barca and elsewhere, has put out and prepared, are trained not to play football in any fashion that most of us understand the term. He is, as Woo and others have consistently stated, an arrogant (unt, who should, since he first appeared in the English game, be done for bringing the game into disrepute every time he opens his charmless gob. How dare Kirkup, and others like him, suggest that people like me, who have supported this club, home and away for more than half a century, and lived through nights like losing 3-0 to Mansfield ( I was there) suggest that we are just moaning? This is the worst it's been in all that time, and we have

GARNETT
18-01-2014, 10:54 AM
Keep up the good work Kirkup, I support YOUR opinion :star:

dagenhamdave
18-01-2014, 03:49 PM
Don't see much happening at West Ham until we either get relegated, or the fans vote with their feet,then the sh1t might hit the fan.