PDA

View Full Version : Request to all members

ronnieronalde
17-01-2014, 08:44 AM
Hi, first of all if admin feel the need to move this I will fuly understand. I would normallty ask first but can't work out how to contact admin.

Secondly I know I'm not such a regular on here, I post more on a forum that isn't as good as this one and thirdly, I know I've been quite controversial the last time I was on.

Now having said all of that. I posted this yesterday on that forum and I wanted to ask the same question here.

"Not sure what kind of reaction I'm going to get here, so please be gentle and understanding. I know I've picked a bad time to start being controversial, because now I'm going to ask even those members who hate me, to forget that.

I've written a book, which after a lot of thought and heart pulling, I've decided to publish later this year (September)

I'm going to publish it for Charity - 100% of all profits. I do not want to make a penny out of it as I've already benefitted from the story more than anyone could imagine.

Without giving too much away, the

Smiggo
17-01-2014, 02:59 PM
Which charities are you donating the profits to. Have you donated any money to them before?
Thanks

UpTheRams1884
17-01-2014, 03:33 PM
What is that forum? I googled it and nothing comes up i'm dying to know... I guess it's forum' or thatforum then??

ronnieronalde
17-01-2014, 03:47 PM
Which charities are you donating the profits to. Have you donated any money to them before?
Thanks

I'm in talks with 3 charities Smiggo but haven't made a final decision yet, one of the reasons for that is the charities themselves are slow to accept this kind of project.

The 3 I'm in talks with are Big Issue, CentrePoint and the Foundation of Light a charity ran by Sunderland football club.

I'm aiming for the cash to be used to benefit under privileged kids and/or runaways.

I have donated to them before, but a small private donation only. Not through any kind of fundraising effort.

I'm not a professional writer, just some bloke who has a nice story to tell.

Hope that helps.
Ronnie

ronnieronalde
17-01-2014, 03:48 PM
What is that forum? I googled it and nothing comes up i'm dying to know... I guess it's forum' or thatforum then??

It's on the Another forum, with the same titled thread.

I can't link to it 1884 cos it wouldn't be fair to link to another Forum.

** your original post as well as this one has been edited as it doesn't comply with site rules. Footy mad do not freely promote other forums. Chris311080**

UpTheRams1884
17-01-2014, 03:52 PM

It's on the forum, with the same titled thread.

I can't link to it 1884 cos it wouldn't be fair to link to another Forum.[/quote] It's ok mate i've found it but can't post it there XD XD XD XD XD

Have been reading on there for a while though. Good on you for this by the way :star:

roger_ramjet
17-01-2014, 04:01 PM
OK I'm sorry to say Ronnie that, by precedent set when I was banned, you will receive a yellow card for 24 hours. You have deliberately reposted the of a rival forum (that I cannot myself) after a moderator had deleted the reference. I was banned for exactly that, so you must expect the justice of the Rat to be meted out again.

Either that or the Rat and his cohorts are bigger hypocrites than we all believe.

roger_ramjet
17-01-2014, 04:07 PM
OK, it looks like hypocrisy is in fact the order of the day. Would be nice to understand why I was banned for reposting the of that forum after it had been mod deleted, whereas Ronnie was treated more sensibly and appropriately.

ronnieronalde
17-01-2014, 04:10 PM
OK I'm sorry to say Ronnie that, by precedent set when I was banned, you will receive a yellow card for 24 hours. You have deliberately reposted the of a rival forum (that I cannot myself) after a moderator had deleted the reference. I was banned for exactly that, so you must expect the justice of the Rat to be meted out again.

Either that or the Rat and his cohorts are bigger hypocrites than we all believe.

I'm sorry about your banning Roger.

I didn't know writing the of it even is a ban, I can understand linking to it.

I'm really disappointed that Chris needed to do what he did, but if they are the rules then what can I say. if I'm banned then I have to accept that as well.

I only mentioned it because some of the members have read the book in draft form and it would give others an overview.

Trying to do something decent but petty rules get in the way.

chris311080
17-01-2014, 04:13 PM
Ok..

Roger you are a regular poster and well aware of site rules.

Ronnie very rarely posts so may not be aware.

Simples!!

roger_ramjet
17-01-2014, 04:17 PM
Actually Chris I wasn't any more aware of that particular rule than Ronnie was. Mainly because there is nothing in the rules that relates to other sites, just a general prohibition on spam. perhaps the Rules need to be amended to reflect this "sin".

However every Rat has to have his day. As you say, he's simple.

I think your decision was quite right, but it doesn't stop me wondering about consistency.

Rapid
17-01-2014, 04:19 PM
Ok..

Roger you are a regular poster and well aware of site rules.

Ronnie very rarely posts so may not be aware.

Simples!!

or more like you apply a bit of common sense chris whereas the rat saw an opportunity to abuse his mod power.

good look with the fund raising Ronnie. would the child happen to be you by any chance? or would that be giving the game away...

I'd happily buy a copy of the book if all proceeds are for some kind of children's charity. I work in education so I'd always back that kind of initiative.

roger_ramjet
17-01-2014, 07:42 PM
Oh yes Chris, and looking at the two mod edits on UTR's posts, it looks like the other forum was deleted twice on his postings too. UTR has double the board activity that I do, so if I "should have known..." (but didn't, as the rules make no mention of other board references),so should he.

I don't want either of these posters banned for committing the same inadvertent offence against the "unwritten rule" as I was, however I would like some recognition that my treatment by a more trigger happy moderator was, on subsequent reflection, inappropriate.

Anyway, Ronnie, I am sorry for drifting your thread off topic, and I think what you are doing is admirable. let me know when you have something to buy/download.

ronnieronalde
18-01-2014, 01:10 PM
I'll be honest Roger and say that the whole thread didn't get the response I was expecting.

The other forums already have discussions, reviews and direct requests for info as well as offers of support and promotion

I'm not trying to force it down people's throats though and I can see that there is not much interest in here, so I'll say thanks and try to concentrate my efforts in different places.

cheers all for reading and for the couple of nice replies.