PDA

View Full Version : Pitch Inspection????

BlueAdder
17-01-2014, 12:08 PM
Club saying no pitch inspection is planned.
The way the rain is coming down at Cowplain, now and overnight, I find it hard to believe there is any chance of the game being on, given our postponement record. Forecast is for more rain tomorrow.

lovedeanblue
17-01-2014, 02:33 PM
Crawley v Wolves is off tomorrow. Our fate will depend on how much rain falls between now and tomorrow afternoon. See you all in the usual place around 1415 I reckon :star:

Southerndown
17-01-2014, 03:23 PM
The way the rain is coming down at Cowplain, now and overnight

Clear sky and sunny up here in the tropics of Hertfordshire! B)

lovedeanblue
17-01-2014, 03:30 PM
Just been outside for a few minutes, it isn't too shoddy at the moment. :star: More rain to come though before tomorrow morning :blue:

lovedeanblue
17-01-2014, 04:27 PM
For those who have to travel tomorrow this is what the News reported...

There are no immediate plans for a Fratton Park pitch inspection ahead of tomorrow’s clash with Mansfield.

Heavy overnight rain raised fears that the game could fall victim to the weather again.

But while the club have insisted the game will go ahead as planned at the moment, more downpours could yet affect that decision.

Pompey press officer Neil Weld said: ‘There is no immediate pitch inspection planned at the moment.

‘Of course, it’s a fluid situation with the weather and that could change.

‘But we will keep everyone informed if anything changes

BlueAdder
17-01-2014, 04:56 PM
Pompey press officer Neil Weld said: 'it's a fluid situation'

Really! ;D ;D ;D ;D

fullback
17-01-2014, 07:06 PM
We will inform fans when a decision is made ,Like 45mins before KO ,nothing changes regardless who pulls the strings

geoffp
17-01-2014, 07:46 PM
We will inform fans when a decision is made ,Like 45mins before KO ,nothing changes regardless who pulls the strings

Have you forgotten the early decision before the Accrington game FB?
Saved me 270 miles travel.

AndoverPFC
17-01-2014, 08:27 PM
I hope it's on, taking my 86 year old dad for his annual visit!