PDA

View Full Version : Jed Wallace

TurktownAnt
19-01-2014, 05:10 AM
There's a debate going on with the TBA web about JW. I agree with one of them totally that said he's gone missing since the Plymouth game. I wouldn't personally even pick him. For me he's got a talent but he's not doing it for Portsmouth any more. If we can get money for him, offload him. And as for the man of the match on Sat, well, that is an insult to the fans that pay money to watch Pompey. Why do they keep doing it???

lovedeanblue
19-01-2014, 08:57 AM
Take the money I'd say if there's owt on offer. As for M.O.M like I've said on the other thread, the boos, laughter, plus chants of "You're having a laugh", "You don't know what you're doing" said it all. It was an utter farce that he, having been subbed to cheers, was awarded this. If the sponsors did let some girls pick their man, as has been suggested, then I suggest Pfc call a day on the way it is done. I feel so strongly about this I intend to drop the club a line, I'll let you know the reply I get

jon6_1999
19-01-2014, 10:08 AM
He is still young, and dips in form are to be expected, especially if his head has been turned a little bit.

He still has to learn that every time he gets the ball it's not going to end up in a cross, shot or killer pass. Sometimes just move it on and wait for the right opportunity.

Saying that, when his end product in games starts being reduced to a few crosses and the odd shot, maybe its time to take him out of the spotlight for a few weeks.

As for the sponsors man of the match, they pay their money, so let them. It doesn't mean anything.

berniefan
19-01-2014, 01:08 PM
My vote goes to Ryan Taylor.Good touch,chased everything, defended when asked and a cracking goal. Also removed any non physical connection to Kitson.

kendaldaz
19-01-2014, 01:10 PM
saying in the people peterboro going to bid £320,000 for him,

chiblu
19-01-2014, 01:39 PM
Watching Jed Yesterday - the lad needs to change his attitude and quickly. He is not God's gift to footbal. He has a lot to learn.
He continually swore at the lino for throw-in decisions. He even had a go at Nicky Shorey - a young pup to an experienced player. Grow up Jed,
work at your game, listen to older players (I think Connelly has got fed up trying to tell him things) and one day you MAY be a half decent player!

pompeylee
19-01-2014, 02:47 PM
Regarding how MOM is chosen if you haven't contacted the club on this already suggest that fans can choose by texting there MOM with any profit from the text going to the club.
Enough fans seeem more interested in there phones then actual match going on could be a money maker.

lovedeanblue
19-01-2014, 02:51 PM
My vote goes to Ryan Taylor.Good touch,chased everything, defended when asked and a cracking goal. Also removed any non physical connection to Kitson. My vote would have been for him too

midhurstblue
19-01-2014, 02:52 PM
Watching Jed Yesterday - the lad needs to change his attitude and quickly. He is not God's gift to footbal. He has a lot to learn.
He continually swore at the lino for throw-in decisions. He even had a go at Nicky Shorey - a young pup to an experienced player. Grow up Jed,
work at your game, listen to older players (I think Connelly has got fed up trying to tell him things) and one day you MAY be a half decent player!

That sums it up about right Chi.

philphillips
19-01-2014, 04:51 PM
Sadly I think he's a goner...which is a shame because I think he has definitely got something about him that makes me think he can play at a higher level. For what's its worth I watched him go off and he wasn't happy...whether that was as a result of his performance, the managers decision to take him off or an impending move I'm not really sure. I do hope however that he gets at least one more chance to put things right before he goes! (if he's going of course!)

gosport
19-01-2014, 06:24 PM
Wallace is still refusing to sign his new contract Pompey should take the offer off the table and stick him in the stand for the rest of the season absolutely no effort from him at all yesterday if he does not want to play for pompey get rid of him . he is not as good as he or his agent thinks he is

Jim
19-01-2014, 08:38 PM
He is still young, and dips in form are to be expected, especially if his head has been turned a little bit.

He still has to learn that every time he gets the ball it's not going to end up in a cross, shot or killer pass. Sometimes just move it on and wait for the right opportunity.

Saying that, when his end product in games starts being reduced to a few crosses and the odd shot, maybe its time to take him out of the spotlight for a few weeks.

As for the sponsors man of the match, they pay their money, so let them. It doesn't mean anything.

The voice of reason. Couldn't agree more.

It would also help if he was played in his natural position i.e: centre midfield. He's wasted out wide.

antimusprime
20-01-2014, 12:56 PM
I'd add Fogden to that mix, very impressed with him and his work rate considering he hasn't played any games. He's someone who hassles and gives opposing players grief and wont stop... something we have been seriously lacking in the past :)

lovedeanblue
21-01-2014, 04:07 PM
[quote="lovedeanblue" said it all. It was an utter farce that he, having been subbed to cheers, was awarded this. If the sponsors did let some girls pick their man, as has been suggested, then I suggest Pfc call a day on the way it is done. I feel so strongly about this I intend to drop the club a line, I'll let you know the reply I get[/quote]

Had a prompt reply to my e mail from Johnny Moore

Thanks for your e mail. Ita??s fair to say you wona??t find any disagreement from us that there is a better way to conduct the man of the match presentation going forward. There will be a change in policy for how this is done as from the next home match against Torquay on February 1st. Certainly you are not the first to suggest a fans vote by text and it is something I w

bluekriss66
22-01-2014, 08:38 AM
I agree with that LDB..and also agree with the fan txt..10p from every txt going to the supporters trust for example.As for Jed,I like him and would like him to stay but no one is bigger than the club and if he wants to move on then let him.xx