PDA

View Full Version : As much as i like Ferry...

jon6_1999
19-01-2014, 03:35 PM
Missing every other game or two, and keep having to come off just isn't worth it.

He would be in my starting line up, and captain, but as it stands, I would rest him for the next 3 or 4 weeks.

pompeygun
19-01-2014, 04:07 PM
Is it worth persisting with him, he's made of glass. We need to stop being quite so defensively setup in CM as well. Surely we can have a Ferry or Shorey & a Padovani. Someone who gets forwards a bit.

City_View
19-01-2014, 05:22 PM
Amazing how players we've signed this season who have fitness issues. There were reasons why this may have been the case last season but this?

Jim
19-01-2014, 08:40 PM
Is it worth persisting with him, he's made of glass. We need to stop being quite so defensively setup in CM as well. Surely we can have a Ferry or Shorey & a Padovani. Someone who gets forwards a bit.

Padovani isn't a battler though Gun and I reckon that's what Barker wants in the centre to stop us getting outfought whilst we're in this relegation battle.

Ferry is another player who needs a decent rest. We've got plenty of cover in defensive midfield now and they're good enough to replace Ferry.

pompeygun
19-01-2014, 09:59 PM
[quote="Jim" date="20:40 on 19 J

Padovani isn't a battler though Gun and I reckon that's what Barker wants in the centre to stop us getting outfought whilst we're in this relegation battle.

Ferry is another player who needs a decent rest. We've got plenty of cover in defensive midfield now and they're good enough to replace Ferry.[/quote]

Hi Jim, yes fair comments. I just feel that with the current players in CM like Racon, Ferry or Shorey their 1st instinct is to defend. Shorey tbf was spraying some nice passes about but crucially they were in ft of Mansfield.
I do undestand why RB is setting the team like that but we look short of ideas going forward & it was only desperation that got us a draw yesterday. We need to go after teams more especially @ home.
Felt very flat leaving the ground yesterday.

Jim
19-01-2014, 10:25 PM
So did I Gun but then I've felt flat leaving a lot of games this season. It has been very disappointing and the only cure I can suggest is alcohol! XD

Torquay are next up at home. Massive game and I just wonder how defensive Barker will go against such a poor side.

midhurstblue
21-01-2014, 03:26 PM
It would be good to see us start with 4 up front, instead of finishing with 4 up front.