PDA

View Full Version : Drink Prices

Blue for us
20-01-2014, 11:55 AM
Anyone still drinking in the club bars ?
A?3.20 a pint >:(

orfc
20-01-2014, 12:24 PM
That's sort of the average price for a pint

No doubt someone will pop up and say you can get a pint of owld *******'s tagnut bitter for A?1.80 in the consett unemployed mens club, but comparing the average with an extreme doesn't change the fact it's averagely average.

pudseyblue
20-01-2014, 06:00 PM
I was in one of the Wetherspoons in Leeds yesterday, most of the guest (real) ales were 1.99. Being a member of CAMRA I have tokens that get 50p off a pint, so 1.49 a pint for decent beer. Happy days :D

Flatcap
20-01-2014, 06:03 PM
A?3.20 for a pint of piss isn't average, it's extortionate.

loser
20-01-2014, 06:05 PM
It's when they charge A?3.00 for a can in the bar at the Warwick end of the paddock that you have to start questioning the prices. Then they can't even be arsed opening it up during cup games... they'd only need to sell about 5 cans and the wages of the bar person have been paid!

orfc
20-01-2014, 07:45 PM
It's A?3.09 on average in Cumbria, so a not massive 3.5% hike really

Like i said, A?3's what you pay for a pint nowadays, it's not 1972 anymore - view external link (http://www.mirror.co.uk/money/personal-finance/average-prices-pint-beer-across-2234409)

dalmationblue
21-01-2014, 08:14 AM
Being involved with the running of a club in Wukiton I know the greedy brewerie's are now sending there beer price rises out, So if they hav'nt already gone up they soon will be.They like to get them out before the budget cos beer fags and petrol were always a favourite tool for the govornment to sting Joe Public...;D

shortshorts
21-01-2014, 10:53 AM
In our club, a pint of mild has just gone up to A?1.98 and there's hell on.

moorlad
21-01-2014, 11:18 AM
Loser, how much are bar staff paid per hour then? How many hours do they work on a matchday? How much is the franchise cost per bar per matchday? And do the bar operators get their cans of beer for nowt? I think they might have to sell more than 5 cans to make enough to pay the bar staff.

Having said that, there's no way I'd pay that for a can of rubbish beer, I'd rather not have a drink.

Chester_via_Bothel
21-01-2014, 03:09 PM
A?3.20-A?3.50 per pint is the price range in my local. Lager, Guinness and 'real' ales.

Would think A?3.20 is pretty cheap to standard for a footy ground.

FellowTraveler
21-01-2014, 04:14 PM
Seems like this thing is starting to work again...

Test... test...

Little flickering of screen..

Load time reduced - still minor delays..

Will continue to monitor..

On beer and booze - Not drinking for the last 2 years has saved me 1000s

Plus, I've lost additional 30#s (gained right after retirement - when I was still eating a 4500 calorie working man's diet out of habit and stupidity.. And of course, it was always "Beer-30" every hour of the day and night...

And I've gotten so much extra reading in besides

Pub society does not exist in much the US..

American's tend to go home and bolt their door, charge their muskets and keep an eye peeled and ear cocked for injun attacks. (urban areas are a bit different - but, not much)

Drinking is done at home here.

Also, a lack of public transportation is an issue - as is urban sprawl. And few Americans walk anywhere anymore other than for exercise.

High density urban areas have more pub like cultures - but even there, it is sti

loser
21-01-2014, 06:54 PM
I knew someone would pull me up on that, Moorlad! Expected it to be sum_baynton though... not turning into him are you?! Anyways, that was just an exaggeration used to make a point, didn't actually mean it. Saying that I can't see them making a loss charging those prices and the bar only being open for 15 minutes! I know they're not paying the bar staff for only 15 minutes but still.

At least that's for a Guinness mind. In the Warwick shed a few years ago they were charging 3 quid for a can of Fosters.

moorlad
21-01-2014, 10:28 PM
In fairness, if it had been sum I'd have agreed with him. Pubs charging those prices and more are going under all the time mate. I knew it was a throw away remark as soon as I saw it, however it's quite serious to me, to people I do work for and to friends.

I also realise the people running the club bars don't have the overhead costs that a pub landlord has, but that is partly replaced by franchise fees. In truth I expect they're making very little actual profit from the bars. Particularly considering the ridiculously low turn out at most games.

I still would rather go almost anywhere else for a pint mind.