PDA

View Full Version : O/T express and star on Enoch Powell

chimplad
20-01-2014, 11:19 PM
Comment two from Aynuk at the foot of the page is one of the best written comments i have seen on the e and s website. - view external link (http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2014/01/20/right-or-wrong-the-legacy-of-enoch-powells-speech-lives-on/)

GrizzledWolf
21-01-2014, 02:54 AM
How very true, Chimp. I thought the comments of 'Crell' were also worthy of mention.

Is it 'racist' to seek that which is in the best interest of ones country and it's people?...I think not. No sane person would welome the emergence of another Adolf Hitler and the attendant madness of his ideology, but, since 1945, if ever Britain was in need of strong leadership then, surely, that time has come.

In my view, the concept of marriage between Britain and Europe has failed miserably. What made Edward Heath think that Britain, France and Germany could ever rest easy in the same bed, I wonder? Many believe it's now too late for an annulment ?...I hope they're wrong.

greystone16
21-01-2014, 05:00 PM
Crucified by the braindead of all parties who were frightened of their own shadows.A similar situation today all three "leaders" dare not tell the truth in case they upset the MINORITY!!,usually the flag waving,work shy, professional rent-a- hench mob.Need to read the whole speech not bits the papers and the BBC take out to see the validity of his words of wisdom.

LordThor
21-01-2014, 09:02 PM
I listened to a radio4 show today, they questioned an MP as to why the youth of today are so appathetic towards Politics and voting etc.
For me this is exactly why there is so much appathy.
They asked an MP this question, why would they think an MP would know why?
Why did they not ask the very people that they are refering to, the youth.
The media and the MP's too often have shown the younger generation they are in it for the money, they vote themselves wage increases above inflation and reccomend the public/private sector stick to wage rises in line with or below inflation.
The expenses scandal, what a bunch of crooks.
Blunket gets paid AŁ45,000 for 15 days work by..wait for it, NEWS INTERNATIONAL..really!!
and the list could go on and on..
Its not just the youth that are showing appathy
its the MP's and the lazy buyable media.
I read an article by an american ecconomist that said Britain had a shortage of skilled labour in the 60's and 70's as a result the workforce had a hold on bu

Evewolf65
21-01-2014, 09:15 PM
[quote="LordThor"]I listened to a radio4 show today, they questioned an MP as to why the youth of today are so appathetic towards Politics and voting etc.
For me this is exactly why there is so much appathy.
They asked an MP this question, why would they think an MP would know why?
Why did they not ask the very people that they are refering to, the youth.
The media and the MP's too often have shown the younger generation they are in it for the money, they vote themselves wage increases above inflation and reccomend the public/private sector stick to wage rises in line with or below inflation.
The expenses scandal, what a bunch of crooks.
Blunket gets paid AA?45,000 for 15 days work by..wait for it, NEWS INTERNATIONAL..really!!
and the list could go on and on..
Its not just the youth that are showing appathy
its the MP's and the lazy buyable media.
I read an article by an american ecconomist that said Britain had a shortage of skilled labour in the 60's and

Bullysboots
21-01-2014, 11:23 PM
MP's might have debated the pro's and con's of Europe but it was the people of the UK that voted to enter in to it and if I remember correctly the main stay of the argument was freedom of movement and freedom of trade with a level playing field. That's exactly what they have got.

greystone16
22-01-2014, 10:09 AM
Initially I believe the Treaty was purely a trading agreement but was systematically hijacked over the years with added on legislation that tried to reduce the laws and self government of the member states with a view to a total European State.They are well on their way so we need some very strong politicians to preserve our sovereignty and not bow down to unwanted pressure.