PDA

View Full Version : When was it worst?

JimmyJazz64
21-01-2014, 09:27 PM
Mid to late 80's or now?

For those of a certain age who remember our plummet from Div 1 to Div 4, it's not as bad as that in my opinion.

For the younger ones, who have only known us in the Prem or up at the top of the second tier, challenging for promotion, it must seem like hell.

Just a bit of perspective...although it's looking horribly similar :blue:

campo21
21-01-2014, 09:54 PM
I think the main difference in football today jimmy is the money involved we had to stay in the prem but due to terrible decisions by our chairman and owner we find ourselves clinging on for championship survival the big problem is we will receive less and less money now so the team will get worse i just can't see it turning around.

donboy
21-01-2014, 11:54 PM
Things are definitely not as bad as the 80's YET, but if things don't improve soon we are definitely heading in that direction. Don't think we can rely on Normid any more so if we do sink that low I don't think there will be any coming back this time.:blue:

klassnic
22-01-2014, 01:02 AM
Its never been bad its been shocking

The reebok is operated like an alcholic running a pub !

Lets enjoy drinking the profits and f uck everyone else !

Whatsmore
22-01-2014, 10:04 PM
at the moment jimmy the eighties with the low crowds and just no investment at all but the eleven seasons in the prem will soon be a distant memory and with ffp rules and possible points deductions massive debt etc I do believe in the next decade we could face the darkest era in the clubs entire history,i pray im wrong but the omens for us just dont look good:blue: :blue: :blue:

campo21
22-01-2014, 11:09 PM
at the moment jimmy the eighties with the low crowds and just no investment at all but the eleven seasons in the prem will soon be a distant memory and with ffp rules and possible points deductions massive debt etc I do believe in the next decade we could face the darkest era in the clubs entire history,i pray im wrong but the omens for us just dont look good:blue: :blue: :blue:
It could be worse whatsmore we could be UTD A£800m in debt and no trophies this season.:D

campo21
22-01-2014, 11:13 PM
Can someone who is running the site sort the pound symbol out it isn't showing when i post it without it having an A infront of it.

JimmyJazz64
23-01-2014, 10:02 PM

And it won't just be us whatsmore - there's a lot of clubs gonna face a nasty surprise with the FPP if it's enforced

vasili
24-01-2014, 03:59 PM
Mid to late 80's or now?

For those of a certain age who remember our plummet from Div 1 to Div 4, it's not as bad as that in my opinion.

For the younger ones, who have only known us in the Prem or up at the top of the second tier, challenging for promotion, it must seem like hell.

Just a bit of perspective...although it's looking horribly similar :blue:Some of us will always be there, lets hope the kids who have been brought up on the £50 season tickets have been well and truly blooded no matter what **** we go thru. I think most of you will get the gist of my post, mmmmmm our culsh has been quiet on the phonne lately, me thinks his carer has took it away >:)

eric1953
24-01-2014, 08:01 PM
It has been very bad in the past. But I can never recall players not giving 100% like this lot.

This and the mismanagement of the club makes this a 9 out of 10 in the depression stakes.

JimmyJazz64
24-01-2014, 08:02 PM
Maybe I'm tainted by the Ian Moores of this world. That was a seriously depressing time!!!

JimmyJazz64
24-01-2014, 08:10 PM
Mid to late 80's or now?

Just a bit of perspective...although it's looking horribly similar :blue:Some of us will always be there, lets hope the kids who have been brought up on the A?50 season tickets have been well and truly blooded no matter what **** we go thru. I think most of you will get the gist of my post, mmmmmm our culsh has been quiet on the phonne lately, me thinks his carer has took it away >:)[/quote]

I've had a few texts from him pal. Think he's sneaked his phone into the asylum :D :D

campo21
24-01-2014, 08:55 PM
If culsh is waiting for us to get back in the premiership before he comes back on here jimmy we won't be hearing from him for yrs.;D