PDA

View Full Version : Offer accepted for Leon Clarke

dunstablewolf
22-01-2014, 01:16 PM
Seems like an offer has been agreed. A?750k.

My source is twitter. So it must be true ;D

WOODLANDSWOLF
22-01-2014, 02:22 PM
Is this good or bad? I don't know anything about this guy.

dunstablewolf
22-01-2014, 03:44 PM
Leon was a fat useless waste of space during his time at Wolves.

He came through our youth system and scored bags of goals in the youth team. He seemed to be more interested in everything but football as soon as he won a contract for the first team.

He dwindled from there on in really.

However this was nearly 10 years ago. He looks a lot leaner now, he has scored 19 goals this season and is a lot older. It may make the difference and he may prove the promise he showed in our youth set up.

Fingers crossed.

WOODLANDSWOLF
22-01-2014, 03:53 PM

He came through our youth system and scored bags of goals in the youth team. He seemed to be more interested in everything but football as soon as he won a contract for the first team.

However this was nearly 10 years ago. He looks a lot leaner now, he has scored 19 goals this season and is a lot older. It may make the difference and he may prove the promise he showed in our youth set up.

Fingers crossed.

"Fingers crossed." Again! Don't sound very promising though. :s

Woking88
22-01-2014, 05:04 PM
An article on the topic in the link below.

I strongly suggest that you have a look at the picture gallery at the bottom of the article. There are some really excellent pictures in there! - view external link (http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/wolves-transfer-news-coventry-city-6537058?)

WOODLANDSWOLF
22-01-2014, 05:30 PM

I strongly suggest that you have a look at the picture gallery at the bottom of the article. There are some really excellent pictures in there!

You are right Wokes, splendid photographs. I was sorry when there was no more to look at!

Woking88
22-01-2014, 07:04 PM
Seems like an offer has been agreed. A?750k.

My source is twitter. So it must be true ;D

Can't see anything firm anywhere else. Does anyone else have any positive news with source?

wolves71
22-01-2014, 07:14 PM
Usually Tim Nash or P O'Rourke are over this sort of rumour like a flash, but nothing.

Great pictures in the link.

peterknowlesburnside
22-01-2014, 08:29 PM

I strongly suggest that you have a look at the picture gallery at the bottom of the article. There are some really excellent pictures in there!

Re the pic of the Arsenal v Sheffield Wednesday match 1967, which was abandoned after 47 minutes - I was at that game. We had gone down on the coach to see the Wolves at Chelsea. As we were going through London it came out over the radio that the Wolves game was off, so we went to Highbury and stood with the Wednesday fans.

Woking88
23-01-2014, 01:25 PM
Latest news in the link below:- - view external link (http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/wolverhampton-wanderers-ready-up-bid-6555427?)

greystone16
24-01-2014, 10:26 AM
Dunst I think your portrait of the guy was spot on.

theplater
24-01-2014, 05:29 PM

Unfortunately I haven't been able to post for the last few days but this is a spot on assessment Dunst, and I also agree with your opening thread regarding not wanting him back.

I want Jackett to be buying players that will be able to cut it in the Championship and I'm far from convinced Clarke can do that, I am also not convinced that Clarke is a reformed character regarding his attitude issues.

Evewolf65
24-01-2014, 05:34 PM

Unfortunately I haven't been able to post for the last few days but this is a spot on assessment Dunst, and I also agree with your opening thread regarding not wanting him back.

I want Jackett to be buying players that will be able to cut it in the Championship and I'm far from convinced Clarke can do that, I am also not convinced that Clarke is a reformed character regarding his attitude issues.[/quote]

There's one or two that I think would be a bit 'Suspect' in the Championship, Ricketts for starters!

Bullysboots
24-01-2014, 06:28 PM

I want Jackett to be buying players that will be able to cut it in the Championship and I'm far from convinced Clarke can do that, I am also not convinced that Clarke is a reformed character regarding his attitude issues.[/quote]

Why would we want to buy players that can cut it in the Championship? You are either presuming we are going up or you believe we can sell them to Championship clubs at the end of the season a

dunstablewolf
25-01-2014, 09:59 AM

Why would we want to buy players that can cut it in the Championship? You are either presuming we are going up or you believe we can sell them

dunstablewolf
25-01-2014, 10:01 AM
Forgot to add. He was not exactly ripping up trees on Friday night.

greystone16
25-01-2014, 11:58 AM
How can the "fat controller" make money for himself Bully? I don't see that one.CEO'S are there to try and see that companies make profits and like it or not football clubs are no different,they are purely businesses today who have to make a profit if possible.Most CEO's are paid bonuses on the profitability of the company so I hope he gets a wacking great bonus because that means more into Wolves coffers.Providing that is spend for the benefit of the club,great.Today we see a few new players and just take a visit to the expanding Academy it is vast which should entice good youngsters and better players if we progress in the future.

Bullysboots
25-01-2014, 01:10 PM
[quote="greystone16" make money for himself Bully? I don't see that one.CEO'S are there to try and see that companies make profits and like it or not football clubs are no different,they are purely businesses today who have to make a profit if possible.Most CEO's are paid bonuses on the profitability of the company so I hope he gets a wacking great bonus because that means more into Wolves coffers.Providing that is spend for the benefit of the club,great.Today we see a few new players and just take a visit to the expanding Academy it is vast which should entice good youngsters and better players if we progress in the future.[/quote]

Well you asked so here we go!

Basically the story goes as laid out below, but you can just click on the link and scroll down past the 'other links' and read on.

Moxey bonus fury

'Wolves chief executive Jez Moxey was paid a staggering A?169,000 bonus A? for the transfer of one player.
The revelatio