PDA

View Full Version : Another Loan Signing?..

LaticsFan92
23-01-2014, 01:24 PM
If my counting is correct I now make that four loan signings (Browning, Maynard, Powell & mceachran)...

I've never really been a fan of having more than one or two loan signings, especially if some of them are your better players because when they leave it leaves you shafted really.

I get the feeling at some point (most probably summer) Rosler will look to overhaul our squad and bring in quite a few different faces to make it his team. But IMO we need players to be signing permanently not just on loan.

Les_bradds_lad
23-01-2014, 02:22 PM
Watford had an entire team if not squad on loan last season

boyceeeunderrated
23-01-2014, 03:58 PM
what makes me laugh is how people said when we sold mccarthy we would be spending in january its a joke to be honest

mint_balls
23-01-2014, 04:01 PM
what makes me laugh is how people said when we sold mccarthy we would be spending in january its a joke to be honest

who said it? :?

boyceeeunderrated
23-01-2014, 04:02 PM
90% of this board when we sold McCarthy so late we would have money for January a lot of people said this...

who said it? :?[/quote]

WhoRYa
23-01-2014, 04:04 PM
If my counting is correct I now make that four loan signings (Browning, Maynard, Powell & mceachran)...

I've never really been a fan of having more than one or two loan signings, especially if some of them are your better players because when they leave it leaves you shafted really.

That's the reality of life in the lower leagues these days unfortunately. The top sides hoover up so much of the talent & then don't play them & transfer fees are so high that it's the only way a lot of clubs can get new players in.
I first became aware of it a few years back when someone was complaining that Hereford got promoted from League 1 by taking advantage of the loan system in a way most other clubs hadn't got sussed at that time. Come the next season all the loan players had left, other clubs had cottoned on to the idea & were doing it, they couldn't get as good a loan players in & they were getting mullered week in & week out in league 1

boyceeeunderrated
23-01-2014, 04:05 PM
even Huddersfield have spent 1.3mil on nahki wells we aint even spent that...rosler cant be happy with having no money to spend surely not and latest loan signing reeks of desperation

pemblue
24-01-2014, 04:33 PM
what is the point in going out and spending big money when we don't even know what league we will be in next season, it makes sense to wait to see if we go up and if we do we will be able to attract a better quality of player and have the money there to do so.

tenormadness
25-01-2014, 04:58 AM
even Huddersfield have spent 1.3mil on nahki wells we aint even spent that...rosler cant be happy with having no money to spend surely not and latest loan signing reeks of desperation

What a clueless plonker you are Boyce. ..
Rosler said last week that he wanted to wait until the summer to make permanent signings because he needed time to choose players he wanted for the team..
As for Ramis he is on a big wage and injury prone.
Rosler is bringing in a big stopper to replace him from hamburg. .
1 defeat in 9... give the guy a chance to build his squad and develop the team..knob