PDA

View Full Version : Bristol City Match Thhread

WOODLANDSWOLF
25-01-2014, 02:54 PM
Come on you Wolves. Lets have a comfortable win today.

Match day weather, rain 48F, miserable in other words!

WOODLANDSWOLF
25-01-2014, 02:58 PM
Come on you Wolves. Lets have a comfortable win today.

Match day weather, rain 48F, miserable in other words!

Lineup.

McCarey; Ricketts Batth Stearman Golbourne; McDonald Price; Henry Evans Jacobs; Dicko.

essexwolf
25-01-2014, 03:00 PM
Dicko in for Griffiths, do we read anything into that.

Come on Wolves

abbobrom
25-01-2014, 03:07 PM
A number of games have had their starts delayed because of storms in parts of the country. Burton having a pitch inspection at 3-15.

WOODLANDSWOLF
25-01-2014, 03:11 PM
Sounds like all us early on. That means they should be scoring shortly.:s

abbobrom
25-01-2014, 03:16 PM
1 0 against the run of play.Dicko

essexwolf
25-01-2014, 03:16 PM
Diiiccckkkkoooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!

Get in there.

WOODLANDSWOLF
25-01-2014, 03:18 PM
Knobbo, Knobbo!! Great start, come on boys, just for once pile them in now.

essexwolf
25-01-2014, 03:29 PM
B ugger 1-1

WOODLANDSWOLF
25-01-2014, 03:33 PM
B ugger 1-1

Just aint good enough is it, why can't we dominate teams once we get the advantage. You following the game at home Es***?

abbobrom
25-01-2014, 03:34 PM
Bristol Penalty. 1.1

essexwolf
25-01-2014, 03:39 PM
B ugger 1-1

Just aint good enough is it, why can't we dominate teams once we get the advantage. You following the game at home Es***?[/quote]

Following it on Twitter as I am stuck at work.

Your right though , we need to make the most of our dominance and finish teams off.

essexwolf
25-01-2014, 03:49 PM
2-1 come on, back on track.

abbobrom
25-01-2014, 03:49 PM
2-1 to us now , own goal.

essexwolf
25-01-2014, 03:55 PM
2-1 to us now , own goal.

Dicko could claim it, took a deflection.

Great debut already .

WOODLANDSWOLF
25-01-2014, 03:57 PM
Getting there. I forecast a 3-1 win with Knobbo getting the first goal so just one more for us and I will get full points! COYW!!

essexwolf
25-01-2014, 04:03 PM
Getting there. I forecast a 3-1 win with Knobbo getting the first goal so just one more for us and I will get full points! COYW!!

I went for 3-0 but will quite happily just take the 3 points.

GrizzledWolf
25-01-2014, 04:20 PM
I'm running out of fingernails !!!...can we please have another goal and put this game to bed. Why does it seem so bl--dy hard for us to make something out of all the chances we create yet cannot capitalise upon ?

essexwolf
25-01-2014, 04:20 PM
Sounds like we are having plenty of chances, we need to make it count.

essexwolf
25-01-2014, 04:24 PM
I'm running out of fingernails !!!...can we please have another goal and put this game to bed. Why does it seem so bl--dy hard for us to make more of our chances ?

I am with you on the fingernails.
When we have only got a one goal advantage, I am always waiting for the inevitable .

WOODLANDSWOLF
25-01-2014, 04:24 PM
Sounds like we are having plenty of chances, we need to make it count.

Nothing new then. Walsall winning 5-0 at Notts county, when will we put in a performance like that?

GrizzledWolf
25-01-2014, 04:37 PM
According to the E & S Walsall have got a bit sloppy since scoring their fifth goal, whereas we seem to have got a bit sloppy since scoring our 1st.:(

essexwolf
25-01-2014, 04:38 PM
Come on 3-1 Sako

WOODLANDSWOLF
25-01-2014, 04:38 PM
Pounding them now apparently.

Goal please, another goal, pretty please!!

There, that usually does it.

WOODLANDSWOLF
25-01-2014, 04:40 PM
Pounding them now apparently.

Goal please, another goal, pretty please!!

There, that usually does it.

B ugger me it did!!XD X-D

GrizzledWolf
25-01-2014, 04:40 PM
Oh Thank you Mr.Sako...3-1.

Woking88
25-01-2014, 04:58 PM
That's more like a proper score - well done the lads! :)

lesleywolf
25-01-2014, 05:00 PM
fab win well done the boys...can anyone tell me the attendance for today please...

Woking88
25-01-2014, 05:02 PM
fab win well done the boys...can anyone tell me the attendance for today please...

18,501 according to the BBC site.

lesleywolf
25-01-2014, 05:13 PM
thanks for that wokes x

WOODLANDSWOLF
25-01-2014, 05:15 PM
Great win. Full point on the prediction league for me also. Get in!! :D

TundraWolf
25-01-2014, 06:59 PM
What's the scoop on Griffiths? He is in, he is out, starter, bench warmer, a Wolf or a Hib, or is he a candidate to be on Corrie Street with his unpredictability and mood swings? >:(

WOODLANDSWOLF
25-01-2014, 08:34 PM
No match reports? I guess everyone is still celebrating.:D :-D

wolves71
25-01-2014, 08:35 PM
What's the scoop on Griffiths? He is in, he is out, starter, bench warmer, a Wolf or a Hib, or is he a candidate to be on Corrie Street with his unpredictability and mood swings? >:(

Things will become a lot clearer in the coming week. Next Friday is transfer deadline day.

wolves71
25-01-2014, 08:59 PM
Before the kick off it was the weather and the tribute to Bert Williams that was the topic of conversation. From about 2pm on inside Molineux, hailstorm, thunder and lightening and temporary loss of floodlights on top of Billy Wright stand. There was even talk of the game being called off if power in the stand wasn't restored, i'm glad it was. The pitch took a battering aswell, waterlogged and muddy, but it was the same for both sides.

A good tribute to Bert Williiams, my only complaint really was there was no video coverage to go with the tributes from his former colleagues and also the likes of Matt Murray, audio was the theme of the tribute and also the floral tribute from both keepers.

The game itself, and from a Wolves point of view, continued again with a good level of the ball in Wolves favour. I have to say Dicko offers a different option to the likes of Griffiths and co. He's good with the ball at his feet, always willing to show for the ball, comes alive in and around the o

WOODLANDSWOLF
25-01-2014, 10:40 PM
[quote="wolves71"]Before the kick off it was the weather and the tribute to Bert Williams that was the topic of conversation. From about 2pm on inside Molineux, hailstorm, thunder and lightening and temporary loss of floodlights on top of Billy Wright stand. There was even talk of the game being called off if power in the stand wasn't restored, i'm glad it was. The pitch took a battering aswell, waterlogged and muddy, but it was the same for both sides.

A good tribute to Bert Williiams, my only complaint really was there was no video coverage to go with the tributes from his former colleagues and also the likes of Matt Murray, audio was the theme of the tribute and also the floral tribute from both keepers.

The game itself, and from a Wolves point of view, continued again with a good level of the ball in Wolves favour. I have to say Dicko offers a different option to the likes of Griffiths and co. He's good with the ball at his feet, always willing to show

wolves71
25-01-2014, 10:45 PM
[quote="WOODLANDSWOLF"]Before the kick off it was the weather and the tribute to Bert Williams that was the topic of conversation. From about 2pm on inside Molineux, hailstorm, thunder and lightening and temporary loss of floodlights on top of Billy Wright stand. There was even talk of the game being called off if power in the stand wasn't restored, i'm glad it was. The pitch took a battering aswell, waterlogged and muddy, but it was the same for both sides.

The game itself, and from a Wolves point of view, continued again with a good level of the ball in Wolves favour. I have to say Dicko offers a different option to the likes of Griffiths and co. He's goo

abbobrom
25-01-2014, 11:18 PM
I gave my season ticket to my daughters partner today for the match, he is a Stoke supporter.

He stated this evening, that there was no way Stoke would have had a crowd of over 18,000 in that weather, especially in the third tier of English football.

He thought Wolves played some good football but gave the ball away too often. I think several of us have come to this conclusion. He also thought that the atmosphere, especially in the South Bank was good.

Good to get the views of a neutral.

GrizzledWolf
25-01-2014, 11:52 PM
Thanks once again for the match report., Gav'.

A good result, but I might yet sue Wolves for loss of fingernails.:) We really must learn to capitalise on the number of chances that come our way. This season there has been a worrying tendency for us to waste far too much of what an improved midfield has been able to create. Clearly, KJ needs to address this problem sooner rather than later if we are to climb above this league of mediocrity.

The performance by Dicko has been encouraging. If he can continue in this fashion he may yet be the key to our salvation...I hope so.

wolves71
26-01-2014, 08:53 AM
Thanks once again for the match report., Gav'.

A good result, but I might yet sue Wolves for loss of fingernails.:) We really must learn to capitalise on the number of chances that come our way. This season there has been a worrying tendency for us to waste far too much of what an improved midfield has been able to create. Clearly, KJ needs to address this problem sooner rather than later if we are to climb above this league of mediocrity.

The performance by Dicko has been encouraging. If he can continue in this fashion he may yet be the key to our salvation...I hope so.

When going forward Wolves attacked in numbers, McDonald and Price compliment each other, and so do Henry and Jacobs. Evans played just off Dicko, in the "Dave Edwards role. Both full backs got forward at every opportunity, but at times Ricketts distribution and trying to track back let him down.

Woking88
26-01-2014, 10:13 AM
Thanks for the feedback, Gav. Much appreciated as always! :)

Mr.D
26-01-2014, 12:31 PM
Here's the link for the highlights.. - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-fzH9UhKpQ&feature=c4-overview&list=UUQ7Lqg5Czh5djGK6iOG53KQ)

Woking88
26-01-2014, 01:20 PM
Thanks Gaz. The first and third Wolves goals were absolute stunners! :D

Mr.D
26-01-2014, 02:31 PM
And some more - view external link (http://youtu.be/Z-fzH9UhKpQ)

WOODLANDSWOLF
26-01-2014, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the highlights guys.:) :-)

PremierWolf
27-01-2014, 02:09 AM
Thanks for the reports again. Our old mate Cyrus would have loved this result. :D