PDA

View Full Version : Cardiff 1-0 fourth-round win at Bolton..

campo21
25-01-2014, 07:55 PM
Fraizer Campbell made a goalscoring impact from the bench as Cardiff won 1-0 at Bolton in the FA Cup fourth round.

Campbell wasd among the substitutes at the Reebok Stadium on Saturday but was introduced in a half-time switch by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

And within five minutes, the one-time England striker had fired past Andy Lonergan in the Wanderers goal after the goalkeeper had failed to collect Craig Noone's cross into the area.

David Marshall had to make a couple of fine saves to keep the Welsh club's lead intact and book their place in Sunday's fifth-round draw.

Chung-Yong Lee: Bolton man shoots at goal

Cardiff boss Solskjaer had made five changes to his starting line-up. Ahead of Tuesday night's Premier League clash away to the Norwegian's old club Manchester United, the likes of Campbell, Steven Caulker and Gary Medel were dropped to the bench.

The players coming in included first-time starter Magnus Wolff Eikrem, Andreas Cornelius and Joe Mason - one of two former

campo21
25-01-2014, 08:01 PM
We never really looked like scoring today i think we let Cardiff off the hook because they were awful apart from the lonergan mistake that gave them there goal,i can see Cardiff joining us in the championship nxt season.

danm1992
25-01-2014, 09:24 PM
Awful game.

The main priority for Dougie was just to avoid another dicking. It is positive only conceding one against PL opposition, after conceding seven in the Championship, but the performance as a whole wasn't a step in a positive direction. It would have been good enough to beat a minority of Championship teams.

I wonder when Dougie supposes the likes of Odelusi and Hall - both in their 20's, will be good enough if they weren't worthy of a start today or even in the last round against Blackpool.

dunc_bwfc
25-01-2014, 10:12 PM
We never really looked like scoring today i think we let Cardiff off the hook because they were awful apart from the lonergan mistake that gave them there goal,i can see Cardiff joining us in the championship nxt season.
wish i was as confident as you campo that we will be in the championship next season ;D

campo21
25-01-2014, 10:56 PM
wish i was as confident as you campo that we will be in the championship next season ;D[/quote]I suppose i should of said i hope we are playing Cardiff nxt season when they get relegated dunc.

lord_hooray
26-01-2014, 10:11 AM
that's the first time Cardiff have beaten us at home since 1970, following our first home defeat bu Huddersfield since 1967 and the first time we have conceded 7 since 1982 and our worst start to a season since 1911. We have also had the first under 15000 crowd at the Reebok in the league and yet Dougie has still not been sacked as we pay out some of the highest wages in the division.

Onwards and upwards, we got planning permission this week for the building of a sports and education college, Gartside is to be headmaster though - view external link (http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/10033775._/?ref=rl)

campo21
26-01-2014, 07:23 PM
that's the first time Cardiff have beaten us at home since 1970, following our first home defeat bu Huddersfield since 1967 and the first time we have conceded 7 since 1982 and our worst start to a season since 1911. We have also had the first under 15000 crowd at the Reebok in the league and yet Dougie has still not been sacked as we pay out some of the highest wages in the division.

Onwards and upwards, we got planning permission this week for the building of a sports and education college, Gartside is to be headmaster though
That's all our useless chairman and owner are bothered about lord_hooray the property we own they don't give a toss about the manager and the team!

campo21
26-01-2014, 08:32 PM
Dougie said after the Cardiff game he was far from unhappy,i was unhappy having to sit through that c**p freezing my b******s off and losing to a soft goal,we'd of had wigan nxt away if we'd of won.