PDA

View Full Version : Pompey Fans ASSAULT Disabled Supporters at Fratton Park

chiswickmart
27-01-2014, 12:50 PM
In response to a post by BTC, Papa has made this claim on Scum Mad. Papa always deals in facts, he never makes things up and likes to talk about the myths created by Pompey fans.

So there can be no doubt about it, this definitely happened. But can someone perhaps confirm when as I can find nothing about it. Note the word 'assault'. Not 'abuse' but 'assault'.

Just to be clear, Assault is defined as to make a physical attack on someone. So a disabled supporter at Fratton Park was the victim of a physical attack???

Really?

The truth clearly hurts you..

A friendly word of advice - rather than venting your obvious frustrations on this board, perhaps your efforts would be better spent dealing with those amongst your supporters who think it's entirely acceptable to assault visiting disabled fans.

Or are you one who refuses to condemn their vile behaviour ?

chiblu
27-01-2014, 02:06 PM
I have not witnessed any such assault. However if this is true, then this low life is not the sort of "fan" that I want to see at the park. If he has a girl friend I trust that she is very proud of her "hero".

johno2499
27-01-2014, 02:18 PM
So does this seemingly obsessed scummer expect any one of us to defend someone who assaults a disabled person?

Corkhead
27-01-2014, 02:18 PM
Just to be clear, Assault is defined as to make a physical attack on someone. So a disabled supporter at Fratton Park was the victim of a physical attack???

Isn't assault what Osvaldo was recently disciplined for? STL which may help clarify the definition of assault. - view external link (http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/5077438.Saints_fans__vicious_attack_on_visiting_su pporter/?ref=rc)

chiswickmart
27-01-2014, 02:26 PM
Corky, if you provide a proper link to a news story, it can't be a Portsmyth!! You should be ashamed.

But back to the point in question, no one yet seen anything at Fratton? I might google it, bound to throw something up.

Edit: So I did the google "disabled fans assaulted at Fratton Park', and other than throwing up the amusing story (in the circumstances) 'Pompey Ladies beaten at West Ham', nothing.

johno2499
27-01-2014, 02:31 PM
The only incident I recall is a few years back in a pre-season friendly when 2 very drunk diabled Celtic fans were ejected by stewards :D

lovedeanblue
27-01-2014, 02:43 PM
I sit about 20 yards from the disabled fans and have a clear view of the area. I can categorically state there has been no assault. It seems to me that one or two false accusations have been made in order to justify building an away disabled section at the Milton End. I would support that, if finances allow, as I am sure they would want to sit with their own fans rather than listening to JW and co's style of music :blue:

chiswickmart
27-01-2014, 02:45 PM
Most of the Fratton End would rather not be listening to Westwood either.

BlueAdder
27-01-2014, 02:51 PM
The original post on Saints Mad did say 'abuse'.
I think Papa upgraded the wording to 'assault' in an attempt to sensationalise the story and to make our fans seem even worse that the original article suggested.

chiswickmart
27-01-2014, 02:58 PM
I think Papa upgraded the wording to 'assault' in an attempt to sensationalise the story and to make our fans seem even worse that the original article suggested.

My fave Papa threads were when he used to show piccies of Pompey fans at away games and criticise the lack of numbers. Of course it turned out the photos were always taken about 20 mins before kick off. There was never a footballer in sight.

He's a bit obsessed.

Southerndown
27-01-2014, 03:02 PM

Surely not Bladds! :?

Chis nice to see Wease pop along to help dig papa out of the hole he dug for himself. It's clear he's not able to function on his own unaided!
Although coming out with standard reply no. 3 - "looks like someone's got under your skin" - was a bit weak

BlueAdder
27-01-2014, 03:06 PM
Also from Wease 'next you'll be running off to FF for support' posted a couple of hours AFTER this thread was started.

chiswickmart
27-01-2014, 03:17 PM

Surely not Bladds! :?

Chis nice to see Wease pop along to help dig papa out of the hole he dug for himself. It's clear he's not able to function on his own unaided!
Although coming out with standard reply no. 3 - "looks like someone's got under your skin" - was a bit weak[/quote]

Nice one SD, think I'll add that to the thread!!

Andy68
27-01-2014, 04:43 PM

My fave Papa threads were when he used to show piccies of Pompey fans at away games and criticise the lack of numbers. Of course it turned out the photos were always taken about 20 mins before kick off. There was never a footballer in sight.

He's a bit obsessed.[/quote]

he'll probably put up some photo shopped picture of an upturned wheel chair...

Poor boy... this could run for a few pages over on sm at this rate. Amusing reading

BlueAdder
27-01-2014, 06:33 PM
This all started after a post on FOL by The Riddle. It was a thread about disabled facilities.
Here is the relevant part of that post,

'Given some very misguided rumours seems to be being aired on here, here are the facts:

The Safety Certificates only issue with the Fratton End stand is the location of the away fans in wheelchairs. Sadly some of our fans see fit to abuse them during games causing flash points and even altercations. Therefore there is an urgent need to move the away disabled section.

Also the club has an obligation as an employer to provide designated toilet facilities for its staff - there is currently no such facility on the entire north side of the ground.

The club currently has around 60 odd wheelchair spaces, but should be allocating at least double that - another legacy issue we've inherited from our wonderful past owners not acting on issues.

2-3 years ago a plan was drawn up by the club to build a wheelchair viewing platform and associated disabled WC. This

pfcsteve72
27-01-2014, 06:59 PM
[quote="BlueAdder"]This all started after a post on FOL by The Riddle. It was a thread about disabled facilities.

'Given some very misguided rumours seems to be being aired on here, here are the facts:

The Safety Certificates only issue with the Fratton End stand is the location of the away fans in wheelchairs. Sadly some of our fans see fit to abuse them during games causing flash points and even altercations. Therefore there is an urgent need to move the away disabled section.

Also the club has an obligation as an employer to provide designated toilet facilities for its staff - there is currently no such facility on the entire north side of the ground.

The club currently has around 60 odd wheelchair spaces, but should be allocating at least double that - another legacy issue we've inherited from our wonderful past owners not acting on issues.

2-3 years ago a plan was drawn up by the club to build a wheelchair vi

pompeygun
27-01-2014, 09:20 PM
I sit in the FE, haven't seen anything like that. PL & DW are to Messageboards what The Sun is to the mass media.
DW a Mod ffs. Hilarious.XD

Southerndown
27-01-2014, 10:33 PM
I sit in the FE, haven't seen anything like that. PL & DW are to Messageboards what The Sun is to the mass media.
DW a Mod ffs. Hilarious.XDd

More like the Harry Grout and Jackdaw of the message boards Gun, if you know your Porridge :)

kernow
28-01-2014, 06:33 AM
The Fratton "band" are an assault on the senses.
They are one band that should be !!

chiswickmart
28-01-2014, 07:35 AM
[quote="kernow" are an assault on the senses.
They are one band that should be !![/quote]

And it was no coincidence Kernow that they were located by the away end either!! We're not all stupid!!

BlueAdder
28-01-2014, 01:39 PM
[quote="pfcsteve72"]This all started after a post on FOL by The Riddle. It was a thread about disabled facilities.

2-3 years ago a plan w

midhurstblue
29-01-2014, 02:18 PM
I have never seen or heard of any assault or abuse of disabled fans at Fratton Park.

lovedeanblue
29-01-2014, 04:12 PM
[quote="BlueAdder"]This all started after a post on FOL by The Riddle. It was a thread about disabled facilities.

The club currently has around 60 odd wheelchair spaces, but should be allocating at least double that - another legacy issue we've inherited from our wonderful past owner

nickthemod
31-01-2014, 09:40 AM
I think Papa upgraded the wording to 'assault' in an attempt to sensationalise the story and to make our fans seem even worse than they really are.

Papa may have edited it slightly to get a reaction

But the above speaks volumes if you ask me. >:)

Prinz_Eugen
31-01-2014, 01:53 PM
Why a Pompey fan started this thread is totally beyond me. Papa onlly deals in the truth. Yeah? He's part of the vile dung hill on SM that propagates the charity thief myth recently augmented by weasel to disabled and cancer sufferer abuse. They are just Pompey-haters and don't belong to the fan base of a decent football club. They are an utter disgrace. Don't do their dirty little job for them.

pompeygun
31-01-2014, 02:38 PM
Yeah but Weasley's a MOD. XD XD XD XD XD

chiswickmart
31-01-2014, 03:28 PM
You might want to start calling him Rosie ever since he started posting comments as 'Harrysdog' on the News website.

suicide
01-02-2014, 10:24 AM
A definition of the word banter

banter
Supple term used to describe activities or chat that is playful, intelligent and original. Banter is something you either posses or lack, there is no middle ground. It is also something inherently English, stemming as it does from traditional hi-jinks and tomfoolery of British yesteryear.

Seems a certain person's posting fail to meet any of the three prime criterion.

Prinz Eugen seems to have the best idea - stop feeding the troll.