PDA

View Full Version : 50% off guarantee

Sma11ytheRam
27-01-2014, 07:12 PM
What's people's views on Derby's offer to give fans 50% back of the cost of their season ticket if we get promoted?

I think you can look at at two ways.

It's a fantastic generous offer to the fans to give them something back if we're successful, and a great incentive for new season ticket holders who aren't sure.

Or it's to gloss over the fact that we are not going to be showing any intent to push for promotion this season or the next by signing players to strengthen the squad. By the time fans realise this they've already signed up the the nest year.

triz
27-01-2014, 07:20 PM
i know a certain someone who'll have a field day with this :)

UpTheRams1884
27-01-2014, 11:02 PM
Go on tell us Triz lol.

Back on this subject it's brilliant move. Well done DCFC, John Vicars and Sam Rush.

STEVE McCLAREN BARMY ARMY :star:

Rapid
28-01-2014, 08:03 AM
I agree with UTR. it's a great gesture. didn't someone like fester do a similar thing last year?

you'd have to be very cynical to look at it any other way. talking about not going for a promotion push...look where we were when mac came in - fans need to appreciate how far we've come in a short space of time and have faith with the methods that have got us there.

I give us a 25/30% chance of promotion at this point so I'd quite happily take that for a half price ST!

Rattea
28-01-2014, 01:10 PM
:P
What's people's views on Derby's offer to give fans 50% back of the cost of their season ticket if we get promoted?

It's a fantastic generous offer to the fans to give them something back if we're successful, and a great incentive for new season ticket holders who aren't sure.

Or it's to gloss over the fact that we are not going to be showing any intent to push for promotion this season or the next by signing players to strengthen the squad. By the time fans realise this they've already signed up the the nest year.

The club in the PL can only sell 25,000 season tickets maximum as its a percentage of the capacity. PL rules.

Last time the club sold these all out almost immediately.

Season tickets are sold at a much lower rate game by game total than matchday sales anyway! therefore it is better to sell tickets to none season ticket holders anyway!

So what sense does it make in anyw

Rattea
28-01-2014, 01:10 PM

The club in the PL can only sell 25,000 season tickets maximum as its a percentage of the capacity. PL rules.

Season tickets are sold at a much lower rate game by game total than matchday sales anyway! therefore it is better to sell tickets to none season ticket holders anyway!

So what sense would it make in anyway

rhino1980
28-01-2014, 01:34 PM
Are you actually for real.
It's a great deal for the loyal fans who go season in season out plus if it's going to add a few thousand on to the season ticket holders and have the money upfront ready for next season don't see your point at all.

Rattea
28-01-2014, 01:49 PM
You really beleive that do you!

They screwed over a lot of long time an loyal supports last summer who have left the club!

Think when the financial years end!

Think about how companys dont make orders and dont pay theur bills until the first day of a new financial year to make results look better than they are!

And people accused Glick of spin! XD XD XD

I wonder who's got to hit which target?

Last time the club did something like this we were in financial trouble from what I remeber. Football is a business and its all about end of year results and cashflow ... or how it appears?

Do you honestly beleive this is just motivated by wanting to reward loyal support???

triz
28-01-2014, 01:55 PM
Go on tell us Triz lol.

Back on this subject it's brilliant move. Well done DCFC, John Vicars and Sam Rush.

STEVE McCLAREN BARMY ARMY :star:

i dont think i need to UTR XD

Rattea
28-01-2014, 02:07 PM
Mystic Triz it is then ... a regular poster posting on a subject they have before ... I think anyone with an IQ around 10 would expect thos to ppost on it ... congratulations on the increase of 9 ;) :p

Rapid
28-01-2014, 02:13 PM

Season tickets are sold at a much lower rate game by game total than matchday sales anyway! [/quote]

is that a FACT? we are selling tickets for tonight's game for a tenner. FACT's only please.

DerbyBoy16
28-01-2014, 02:54 PM
Why the **** do people always go on about 'spin'?

The way I see it is that I'm going to get a season ticket regardless of what league we're in, who's the manager, who's on the board and whoever is on the pitch. Purely because I support Derby and I love to watch them wherever.

So if we get promoted I get 50% of that back. Worst case scenario, I'm going to watch Derby having paid what I should have anyway. If we go up, I get half of my money back, happy days.

Does that mean I've been blinkered by Evil Dr Rush?

Bear DCFC
28-01-2014, 03:08 PM
Why the **** do people always go on about 'spin'?

The way I see it is that I'm going to get a season ticket regardless of what league we're in, who's the manager, who's on the board and whoever is on the pitch. Purely because I support Derby and I love to watch them wherever.

So if we get promoted I get 50% of that back. Worst case scenario, I'm going to watch Derby having paid what I should have anyway. If we go up, I get half of my money back, happy days.

Does that mean I've been blinkered by Evil Dr Rush? - view external link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGNiXGX2nLU&feature=youtube_gdata_player)

nickyd63
28-01-2014, 04:13 PM

Season tickets are sold at a much lower rate game by game total than matchday sales anyway! therefore it is better to sell tickets to none season ticket holders any

steviejay
28-01-2014, 04:14 PM
You're being too skeptical. The club realises how much money they will make from promotion and it far outweighs season tickets.

I truly believe that they are prepared to give something back for the fans loyalty. Steve Mac harps on about the loyalty of the fans all the time so I bet he's behind this somehow

It's been said for ages now that its better to have 25,000 season tickets guaranteed so the stadium is at 33,000 capacity...Sold out, cracking price..win or lose...pure good business sense..buy one get one free to reward loyalty, to attract new fans as the younger generation don't seem quite so bothered about football, create a demand, waiting list etc etc etc

I'm sure you'd soon be moaning if it was the other way round..mind you people are still moaning this way round..It's convinced me to renew mine so I'm one of the first suckers.

In this climate of greed and grab, well done Derby County Football Club

blackandwhite56
28-01-2014, 04:29 PM
Ignore the Rodent's predictable claims and look at the facts.( He's just out to get Sam Rush at every opportunity.)

The club is raising prices by just under 10% next season, following the increases last season. The 50% back offer could be viewed as a way of overcoming reluctance to pay the higher prices.

We ain't the first club to make such an offer. the increased attendances and PL income will more than compensate.Where's the risk to club finances?
This offer could never have been made in Clough / Glick era cos we were never doing well enough at this time in the season.
Not sure why the terms and conditions for this offer are not in the materials sent out to season ticket holders and are only available on the website.The offer won't affect my decision anything like as much as the improved football we have been watching.

triz
28-01-2014, 05:19 PM
Mystic Triz it is then ... a regular poster posting on a subject they have before ... I think anyone with an IQ around 10 would expect thos to ppost on it ... congratulations on the increase of 9 ;) :p

many thanks :heart:

ramspride
28-01-2014, 05:40 PM

Hi Rattea another low IQ poster here. I also think its a great offer and good for the club. If we go up (which I take it you are praying we don't) the club get millions from the prem anyway so aren't too bothered about season ticket income. If we don't go up King Rush will have probably put another 2 to 4 thousand ST holders in the ground. Its a pity they will all have low IQs though.

Rattea
28-01-2014, 06:06 PM
Ramspride you didnt have to tell us we already knew about you!!!!

We ain't the first club to make such an offer. the increased attendances and PL income will more than compensate.Where's the risk to club finances?

Well I know of a number of companies that have raising share prices the last few years but the underlaying business is week!

you can keep the revenue looking good but thats wilst killing core business over the long term to get a quick buck. The following years results and foundations of the business are poor.

Tell me where these additional attendance and revenues are going to come from if you fill nearly all your seats with cheap season tickets. any other seats have to be astranomical to componsate for this and hence will rpobably be empty.

Dont be fooled by the 'extra' money supposedly in the PL as it cost more to be in it and try and stay than your get. Look at the debts of fullham, bolton etc!

You sudden

triz
28-01-2014, 06:17 PM

Hi Rattea another low IQ poster here. I also think its a great offer and good for the club. If we go up (which I take it you are praying we don't) the club get millions from the prem anyway so aren't too bothered about season ticket income. If we don't go up King Rush will have probably put another 2 to 4 thousand ST holders in the ground. Its a pity they will all have low IQs though.[/quote]

Oi he wasn't saying i had a low IQ, he said it was 10 out of 10...I'm happy with that :s

roger_ramjet
28-01-2014, 07:17 PM
Rattea "So what sense does it make in anyway to further ruduce the already, by enlarge, cheap season ticket sales other than the club wanting an almost free ride off the club?"

What the **** does this drivel mean?

I think one relevant point here is that, in the Premiership, gate receipts almost take on an insignificance when compared to the ludicrous TV hand out, prize monies, sponsorship deals etc. So why not cut the prices for the loyal fans?

Oh hang on, you didn't renew yours did you!!!?