PDA

View Full Version : Oldham Match Thread

WOODLANDSWOLF
28-01-2014, 06:49 PM
Lousy game day weather again, cold and rainy. Any one got the team news? I am looking at the E&S site but I am not sure they will be doing the usual match coverage.

Either way, COMB, lets ave em!

MichiganWolf
28-01-2014, 07:23 PM
McCarey, Ricketts, Batth, Stearman, Golbourne, Price, Evans, McDonald, Sako, Jacobs, Dicko

Subs - Henners, EEL, Elokobi, Henry, McAlinden, Doyle, Griffiths

Only change is Sako starting for Henry.

WOODLANDSWOLF
28-01-2014, 07:33 PM
McCarey, Ricketts, Batth, Stearman, Golbourne, Price, Evans, McDonald, Sako, Jacobs, Dicko

Subs - Henners, EEL, Elokobi, Henry, McAlinden, Doyle, Griffiths

Only change is Sako starting for Henry.

Cheers Mich.

WOODLANDSWOLF
28-01-2014, 08:02 PM
Getting close, Knobbo has effort blocked on the line!

MichiganWolf
28-01-2014, 08:04 PM
My audio feed is going in and out every 15 seconds >:(

But Dicko almost scored the opener but it was saved and Evans' rebound attempt is blocked

Sako shot saved after corner attempt as well

Evewolf65
28-01-2014, 08:07 PM
Brentford 1-1 Bristol City stay in the game Brizzle!!

MichiganWolf
28-01-2014, 08:09 PM
Sako almost scores again! Sounds like he's having a bright start. I idea if he is backtracking when necessary though

WOODLANDSWOLF
28-01-2014, 08:13 PM
Brentford 1-1 Bristol City stay in the game Brizzle!!

Not for long, 2-1 Bees.

MichiganWolf
28-01-2014, 08:23 PM
Oldham controlling it a bit more now.

MichiganWolf
28-01-2014, 08:28 PM
Just not finishing inside the box. Plenty of chances

Evewolf65
28-01-2014, 08:30 PM
Just not finishing inside the box. Plenty of chances

Story of our season so far Mich!

WOODLANDSWOLF
28-01-2014, 08:31 PM
3-1 Brentford!

MichiganWolf
28-01-2014, 08:40 PM
0-0 at half

Chances for both sides, wonder if any changes are made at half or early after the break.

MichiganWolf
28-01-2014, 08:50 PM
Doyle on for Evans.

MichiganWolf
28-01-2014, 08:54 PM
McDonald puts us ahead!!

Evewolf65
28-01-2014, 08:56 PM
Doyle on for Evans.

I take it that means Kj is going 2 up front now!
1-0 Wolves Macca!!!B)

WOODLANDSWOLF
28-01-2014, 08:57 PM
McDonald puts us ahead!!

No we are talking! Get in yer barsteward!!! 1-0

WOODLANDSWOLF
28-01-2014, 09:09 PM
Orient in front 1-0 now as well. We need to wrap up these points ASAP.

MichiganWolf
28-01-2014, 09:14 PM
Need #2. Can't let a similar storyline of letting teams back in it by not putting it away

Evewolf65
28-01-2014, 09:21 PM
Need #2. Can't let a similar storyline of letting teams back in it by not putting it away

Gonna be the usual scenario mate chewing our nails down to the first knuckle during the last 20 minutes!!:s

WOODLANDSWOLF
28-01-2014, 09:22 PM
OK you Wolves, that's enough f ecking around lets have that second goal. Pronto!

Robus
28-01-2014, 09:28 PM
Yes please.

WOODLANDSWOLF
28-01-2014, 09:34 PM
OK you Wolves, that's enough f ecking around lets have that second goal. Pronto!

Thank you again! Game over. Well done the boys.

MichiganWolf
28-01-2014, 09:35 PM
Phew. 2-0

Evewolf65
28-01-2014, 09:38 PM
Phew. 2-0

That's a real good win on a traditionally unlucky hunting ground!B) B)

WOODLANDSWOLF
28-01-2014, 09:43 PM
And one more in added time! 3-0. Good win and it also sends a message, we can now score goals!

Evewolf65
28-01-2014, 09:48 PM
And one more in added time! 3-0. Good win and it also sends a message, we can now score goals!

But again all our goals from Midfield!! something needs sorting out up front coz this won't carry on we need our strikers to fire!
but as it stands I'll take it.

MichiganWolf
28-01-2014, 09:52 PM
Orient and Brentford with comfortable wins as well, so the table will stay the same up top.

essexwolf
28-01-2014, 10:17 PM
Great result tonight, they do like making us wait for that second goal though. We have just got to keep winning and hope the other two drop a few points.
All 3 teams have got to play each other again, should be interesting matches.

baggins
28-01-2014, 10:42 PM
Just got back from the game and well

Weather cold :blue:

The football was very hit and miss with way too much backing off in defence and not pressing enough..

We gave away far too many sloppy balls and rarely seemed to win things in the middle of the park and by half time it was anyones game..

Oldham seemed to pass the ball better first half and always looked a threat on the break...

Evans was having a howler so pleased to see Doyle on and he did make a difference.

Ricketts also had a bad game and seemed to be caught for pace too many times to day..

Bathh and a great game and stearman was solid but Goldbourne had a quiet game..

The goals calmed the nerves and overall we deserved the 3 points but 3.0 flattered us.. Dicko worked hard and looked a menace and a threat...

Good night out and great to see Gav again :D

TundraWolf
28-01-2014, 11:13 PM
Looking at the starting 11 I notice only Stearman was starting 24 months ago...talk about the changes we have gone through in our free-fall from grace in the last 20 months!:blue:

Good to see McCarey getting a shutout, will build confidence in him.

baggins
28-01-2014, 11:42 PM
forget to mention the referee was a total and utter joke :/

bemusedwolf
29-01-2014, 02:56 AM

The football was very hit and miss with way too much backing off in defence and not pressing enough..

We gave away far too many sloppy balls and rarely seemed to win things in the middle of the park and by half time it was anyones game..

Oldham seemed to pass the ball better first half and always looked a threat on the break...

Evans was having a howler so pleased to see Doyle on and he did make a difference.

Ricketts also had a bad game and seemed to be caught for pace too many times to day..

The goals calmed the nerves and overall we deserved the 3 points but 3.0 flattered us.. Dicko worked hard and looked a menace and a threat...

Mate to say 3 points flattered us!

Were you really at the game?

We were never in danger at any time and the

essexwolf
29-01-2014, 06:09 AM
Bemused wolf, baggins said we deserved the 3 points , but 3-0 flattered us. I dont think he was being to negative , but anyway a great 3 points.

baggins
29-01-2014, 07:25 AM
mmmm how everyone sees the game different lol

WE were not under danger because luckily for us Oldham didn't have there shooting boots on like on saturday when they beat posh..

Was not being negative just pointing out that 3.0 made us sound better than we were.

It was a well deserved 3 points but Oldham battled hard and was it by no way a easy 3 points..

thought stating Bathh, Stearman, dicko playing well and the fact i thought Doyler made a difference was a positive spin also, but hey can't please them all can you ;)

Dudleywolf
29-01-2014, 08:57 AM
[quote="baggins"]mmmm how everyone sees the game different lol

WE were not under danger because luckily for us Oldham didn't have there shooting boots on like on saturday when they beat posh..

Was not being negative just pointing out that 3.0 made us sound better than we were.

It was a well deserved 3 points but Oldham battled hard and was it by no way a easy 3 points..

Although on clear cut chances, we did deserve to win comfortably (hit the bar twice, post once and great saves from the keeper, plus the three goals Oldham had enough of the ball, in part due to our sloppy play, trying to be too clever at times, to keep us worried as to the outcome right up to the second goal. Ricketts I thought had a poor game as the winger had the beating of him allnight. The keeper lacks command in his box due to his lack of height but pulled of a great save which did everyone's confidence good. Overall only one worthy winner! here's to 6 straight wins to the Brentfor

wolves71
29-01-2014, 12:18 PM

Good to see both, if only briefly just after the final whistle :)

wolves71
29-01-2014, 12:45 PM
A good day out and a deserved three points for Wolves. Numerous chances created. Only thing letting Wolves down as already mentioned by Baggins was sloppy play. Players trying little party tricks and either dwelling on the ball too long and not releasing it, especially in the first half. Sako had in the first half four decent scoring chances, Jacobs, had a couple of chances, one from a free-kick that the keeper tipped over. Dicko had an effort that the bar, has quick movement and quick feet.

McCarey may have struggled at times when Oldham put the ball into the box and especially at corners, but what was thrown at him he dealt with with a few parried saves. One player below par in the first half was Evans and rightly replaced at half time by Doyle.

The introduction of Doyle gave Wolves a different option, someone who could drop deep, hold the ball up and also enabled the midfield to get more forward.

It was good to finally see Wolves take the lead when Jacobs found McDonald, able to

Dudleywolf
29-01-2014, 01:33 PM
How that assualt on Sako didn't merit a red I will never know ! He had left everyone for dead about to enter the box, zeroing on the keeper (defenders may have been trying to get accross but they wouldn't have made it-IMHO) and that Oldham prat kicks him and takes him out a more cynical act I haven't seen since Muscat !

Mr.D
29-01-2014, 06:39 PM
Gav I popped into the Portway today as I'm on a/l for the rest of the week and asked about you. He told me you were in deep conversation with mad Mark. Did you have to hold your nose due to his bad breath. :P

wolves71
29-01-2014, 06:45 PM
Gav I popped into the Portway today as I'm on a/l for the rest of the week and asked about you. He told me you were in deep conversation with mad Mark. Did you have to hold your nose due to his bad breath. :P

He never shut up from the minute we set off until we got back. We went in the pub just by the premier inn and as we walked to the ground he went over on some waterlogged grass. He was wearing black and looked a right state. I had a cold so couldn't smell him :)

Thing is with Mark, i know the way he is, he's called the memory man, but by the time we did get in the ground, he was drunk. Added to the days entertainment.