PDA

View Full Version : Captain Toots

SCALLYWAG60
29-01-2014, 01:24 AM
Says on the OS that Toots has replaced Osman,IMO a move for the better,(lets hope its permanent)
Osman never shows team spirit,and this season his form is rubbish.
Opinions?.

AstonAlex
29-01-2014, 10:19 AM
Agreed 100%.

I can see why Abdul was made captain in the first place as he had a decent season last time around and is in a central position and able to get things across better from there (I always reckon the captain should be a centre back or central midfielder as the rest of the team is more peripheral to the action). My personal choice would have been Ellis or Harry, but the former wasn't in the side at the start and appointing his son might have been seen as nepotism on SD's part and the crowd on his back.

However, for whatever reason Abdul's form has been poor this season and he has not been a leader on the pitch. Hopefully making the more popular Toots captain will help Abdul get some form back and inject even more of the recent attitude into the side.

VindePays2009
29-01-2014, 02:47 PM
Watching Toots at Tranmere, I felt that although he is ultra-reliable and will never let the side down, it was a pity that playing where he does seemed to leave him rather cramped up, and unable to display much flair in marauding down that side of the field. (Admittedly no one came out of that game with much credit.)

Can Kelvin simply not play LB without dropping us right in it? Or is Guthrie never going to be safe enough in that position?