PDA

View Full Version : Niall Horan

RamFromCornwall
30-01-2014, 04:53 PM
Just seen on the Derby County YouTube channel, there's two videos, part one and two, interviewing Niall Horan after the Yeovil game. I realise he is a "high profile" Rams supporter and quite dedicated after coming over for many years from Ireland with his father, and I've seen him a few times in the Neptune, but why do we bother doing this? All I notice is comments from loads of young girls, one even commenting "DARBY." Do we really have any gain from this? Are 13 year old girls worldwide going to go to the online DCFC Megastore to buy a Rams shirt with "Horan" on the back? If they aren't I can't really see any benefit of uploading videos of him...

Rattea
30-01-2014, 04:58 PM
Triz would buy a shirt in person not online I'm guessing ;) :p

RamFromCornwall
30-01-2014, 04:59 PM
Maybe he could get One Direction to do a show at Pride Park with all proceeds going towards the transfer budget, could probably get a £2 million player out of the money made from that ;D

CornwallRam
30-01-2014, 05:07 PM
My daughter started asking me to take her to matches once she found out that Niall was a Rams fan. Despite the dubious nature of her origins as a supporter, she now has a season ticket and is most enthusiastic about the club and the sport. Oh, and she's had replica shirts for her last two birthdays...so I'd say that it is a pretty good marketing ploy.

triz
30-01-2014, 06:05 PM

**** off ratty...i like bands with a bit more bite and some actual guitars like McFly

woolwhacker
30-01-2014, 06:40 PM
If you really can't see the marketing value of having a member of the biggest band in the world as a vocal fan, then your daft.

RamFromCornwall
30-01-2014, 06:41 PM
If you really can't see the marketing value of having a member of the biggest band in the world as a vocal fan, then your daft.

Nice way for you to introduce yourself on to the board, I can see us getting along very well.

woolwhacker
30-01-2014, 06:49 PM
Why would I want to get on with you :?

RamFromCornwall
30-01-2014, 06:56 PM
Why would I want to get on with you :?

I don't remember saying you wanted to?

triz
30-01-2014, 06:59 PM
haha woolwhacker. Another great entrance for a newb.

woolwhacker
30-01-2014, 07:00 PM
You can't remember it, cos I didn't say it ;D

Can I buy you a drink? :heart:

RamFromCornwall
30-01-2014, 07:17 PM
You can't remember it, cos I didn't say it ;D

Can I buy you a drink? :heart:

Think you misread my last post fella

Beardyram
30-01-2014, 07:22 PM
Just as long as he doesn't sign up to play for the reserves/development squad like one of the others from his band has done for Doncaster.

We should use him more, maybe have him photographed in Smash Hits or something wearing a replica shirt. If we do use his as a promotional tool then we need to take wider than our own You Tube Channel...

RamFromCornwall
30-01-2014, 07:35 PM
Just as long as he doesn't sign up to play for the reserves/development squad like one of the others from his band has done for Doncaster.

We should use him more, maybe have him photographed in Smash Hits or something wearing a replica shirt. If we do use his as a promotional tool then we need to take wider than our own You Tube Channel...

Exactly, but then having a bunch of girls commenting on a video which has "Derby" in the and then spelling it Darby, not exactly brilliant is it?

triz
30-01-2014, 07:36 PM
it can only be good to have him as a famous fan, i can defo see a few shirt sales out of it at least.

woolwhacker
30-01-2014, 07:44 PM
Smash hit's...stopped making this years ago lol. All publicity is good publicity, will it add thousands of new fans? No, but it will sell a few shirts and do no harm surely!

triz
30-01-2014, 07:59 PM
Tosh Lines will still be our most famous fan...i don't care what anyone says

chris311080
31-01-2014, 09:01 AM

**** off ratty...i like bands with a bit more bite and some actual guitars like McFly[/quote]
Rattea wouldn't know about mcfly, he's only into NDubz and cliff Richard