PDA

View Full Version : Virgin replaces Stobart

yoonited
31-01-2014, 10:23 AM
Stobart are no longer our sponsors after 19 years. I suppose this means we're doomed never to go all the way now. :( - view external link (http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/carlisle-united/latest/virgin-trains-to-replace-stobart-as-carlisle-utd-sponsor-1.1113612)

dcblue
31-01-2014, 10:40 AM
when buying me and my cousin pre season the training polo i declined to have the virgin sponsor on it... the trains are a rip off overcrowded and generally you don't get a seat for your overpriced ticket... not a good sponsor unless they are paying us a few Million Quid a season...

armo
31-01-2014, 12:47 PM
Might explain why the scoreboard hasn't been seen for a little while?

Have to disagree on Virgin trains as well, don't know what it's like between Manchester and Carlisle but Manchester to London is fantastic.

Manchester to London in 2 hours on a modern train which is clean and quiet.

Always have no bother booking a seat when I book my ticket but the first train out of London off peak can be a mare to book (or get) a seat.

DaltonBlue
31-01-2014, 02:04 PM
surely if virgin are offering more money than stobarts its a good thing. The way the club is at the moment there is no time for sentiment, hard cash is needed. I've also never had a problem with Virgin trains from Lancaster either to Carlisle or the smoke.