PDA

View Full Version : Taking your kids out of school.

bongosdad
31-01-2014, 10:56 PM
I think children will learn more if you took them out of school. For example if your an electrician your child would be able to 're wire a house by the time he's ten. Same if your a builder and he would be able to build a house at a very early age.
I think if you don't have a trade or skill to pass on you could send them on an apprenticeship when the get to the age of 8. They would be more useful and better off in the long run.

Thoughts

picasso
02-02-2014, 12:01 PM
They are small enough to go up chimneys too. Are you for real?

bongosdad
02-02-2014, 05:28 PM
Im not talking about child labour but just get better educated with more relevant skills.

ozfan
03-02-2014, 01:24 AM
But you said take them out of school and get them into apprenticeships when they're eight. This is child labour. They're your words.

I've seen child labour. I don't think it's the way forward.

Arran007
03-02-2014, 01:33 AM
I think children will learn more if you took them out of school. For example if your an electrician your child would be able to 're wire a house by the time he's ten. Same if your a builder and he would be able to build a house at a very early age.
I think if you don't have a trade or skill to pass on you could send them on an apprenticeship when the get to the age of 8. They would be more useful and better off in the long run.

Thoughts

BONGO, BONGO - HAVE YOU EVER VISITED PLANET EARTH ??????????????????

Child labour was scrapped by the Victorians after they 100's of children were being maimed or killed each week !

bongosdad
03-02-2014, 07:40 PM
Your probably waring clothes, drink coco ect that use child labour so lets not take the moral highground. Im fully aware of this trade and the issues. Whats the difference in a child spending 7 hours a day at school or spending the same time learning how to plum a sink. Im quite sure plumbing a sink will be more usefull than a gcse in home economics. School is a form of brainwashing.

picasso
03-02-2014, 08:44 PM
Everyone should have the right to decide what they do in life and what you're proposing is that decision would be someone else's. Children should learn to read and write, learn the history of the World and its geography, learn to appreciate art and music, play sport and grow up with other children. They can do all this and still learn to plumb a sink or wire a house should they decide to do so. Your opinion, in my opinion, is just ridiculous. It makes me want to stay in front of you in the fantasy league even more.

bongosdad
03-02-2014, 09:27 PM
Some good points there pacasso but thinking you will finish above me at fantasy football is ridiculous. :P

I agree some basic education is needed like maths and reading. But to be honest all school taught me was being confused or wrong is a crime.

picasso
03-02-2014, 10:46 PM
Bongo, I have no idea how long ago you left school but you are still clearly confused and wrong. I suggest you go learn how to plumb a sink.

bongosdad
03-02-2014, 10:51 PM
Exactly Picasso! I'm a classic example of why schools don't work. I would have been better staying at home plumbing a sink.

dazzyo-villa
04-02-2014, 07:22 PM
What a stupid idea.. tongue in cheek surely Bongo?

My lad loves school and long may it continue if you ask me..

bongosdad
05-02-2014, 11:52 AM
Kind of tongue and cheek Dazzy. But its nice to debate the subject and get others views. I do lean towards home schooling is good if the parent has the skills to educate there child. Im glad your child is loving school. Im sure it does work well for some children but its not working for many.

There is a valid argument for home schooling and not as ridiculous as it sounds. - view external link (http://www.parentdish.co.uk/kids/why-i-am-home-schooling-my-son/)

bongosdad
05-02-2014, 12:11 PM
I would be teaching history lessons like this. Its a 200 million year old giant footprint in south africa. - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRuxw-nZoJw)