PDA

View Full Version : Fulham away match thread

Brockley_Jack
01-02-2014, 09:27 AM
Setting off in half an hour to meet my pals off the train at Waterloo then partaking in a swift beverage or two before heading to Putney. There we will meet some Fulham lads and have a few with them for the afternoon. marvellous!

Oh, and there's a game on too!

proclaimer
01-02-2014, 09:53 AM
Sounds like a proper football day. Have fun. :D

As for the game. Fulham were busy in the transfer window but hopefully too soon to affect this game. If we play like we did in the first 45 minutes against Arsenal 3 points should be heading back with us. COYS.

chief_wiggam
01-02-2014, 11:57 AM
Its a shame that Berbatov won't be there to "mark" Rickie Lambert at corners. :(

Dirtyweasel
01-02-2014, 01:17 PM
I had another quick look for tickets for today's game on the Fulham website (In the neutral zone), but it's showing it's a sellout. Anyone got any decent feeds for the game?

Dirtyweasel
01-02-2014, 02:14 PM
Cork and Gallagher dropped for Wanyama and Lambert. Team as follows :

Boruc
Chambers
Shaw
Fonte
Wanyama
Yoshida
Davis
Spidermand
JayRod
Lallana
Lambert

Subs : K.Davis, Gallagher, Clyne, JWP, Cork, Guly, Hooiveld

Slightly harsh on Cork given his recent form, but nice to see Vic back all the same B)

tumbles
01-02-2014, 02:26 PM
Disappointed that Corky's not starting, not sure what he's done to deserve that, but good to see Vic back and i'm sure if we put in a decent shift, we should win comfortably.

COYS ! B)

saintwayne
01-02-2014, 02:45 PM
Very harsh on Cork to be dropped, VW should have to wait his turn imo. Interesting to see Chambers picked ahead of Clyne again. We are blessed to have two such quality young RB's.

harvey_7
01-02-2014, 02:48 PM
I agree it is hard on Cork to be dropped as he's been great for us recently, but Wanyama is a solid player & may have been winning his place in training. Good to see Rickie is back - COYS!

proclaimer
01-02-2014, 02:57 PM
I agree it is hard on Cork to be dropped as he's been great for us recently, but Wanyama is a solid player.

Agree but 3 into 2 doesn't go for defensive midfield ... well not unless you're West Ham ;D

proclaimer
01-02-2014, 03:22 PM
Have they placed all the mic's in front of the Saints fans? Sounds like a home game. Very impressive.

Pentridge
01-02-2014, 04:30 PM
Thank the little baby Jesus for AL.

Pentridge
01-02-2014, 04:31 PM
Thank the little baby Jesus for AL.

And SRL!

COYS!
!

chief_wiggam
01-02-2014, 04:34 PM
Dani who??

proclaimer
01-02-2014, 04:37 PM
What a belter from J Rod :D

Pentridge
01-02-2014, 04:38 PM
Slightly harsh on Cork given his recent form, but nice to see Vic back all the same B)

Looks like subbing him on was an inspired move from MP.

And Jay Rod makes it three.

SaintD
01-02-2014, 04:39 PM
Nice to see our England internationals in great goal scoring form.

proclaimer
01-02-2014, 04:40 PM
Adam, SRL and J Rod score in front of the England Manager with the Saints fans singing 'we are Southampton, we're off to Brazil'

If Carling did away games ...

harvey_7
01-02-2014, 04:46 PM
Lallana, Lambert, Rodriguez = BRAZIL !!!

And it's fully f ucking deserved. B)

proclaimer
01-02-2014, 04:52 PM
3 more points :D

Pentridge
01-02-2014, 04:55 PM
Pulling away from the bottom half of the table and moving nearer the top half

harvey_7
01-02-2014, 04:56 PM
Hodgson was there to :D great 3 points& the skates lost too!!

Dirtyweasel
01-02-2014, 04:57 PM
Cork changed the game, and nice to see MP act quickly to make the change and replace him for VW. I guess big Vic's match fitness was always going to be a doubt, but his distribution (which has always been poor compared to Cork) was awful and he consistently gave away possession during the first half. Cork coming on enabled us to keep possession and really apply pressure through Lallana, SRL and JayRod, all of whom were superb today. Boruc deserves credit for keeping it at 0-0 at half time even though we had 66% possession in the first half.

A fantastic away performance and a fully deserved win.

Well done Saints :heart: O:)

tumbles
01-02-2014, 05:01 PM
No surprise that when Corky came on for Vic that we looked a better team, please start with him Poch.
But another stonking performance, in front of Woy, good day all round. :D

Lw

Joffyw
01-02-2014, 05:08 PM
All three goals were superb, Lallanas from that angle, Lamberts ball to Jrod and his confidence and the team passing for SRL, perfect.

Newcastle only 2 pts away now and they have the Plastics next. Start with corky vs Stoke then we could be after the Mancs.

Pentridge
01-02-2014, 05:11 PM
1st goal. - view external link (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1asy96_adam-lallana-goal-fulham-0-1-southampton-epl-1-2-14_sport)

Pentridge
01-02-2014, 05:13 PM
2nd goal. - view external link (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1asyev_rickie-lambert-goal-fulham-0-2-southampton-epl-1-2-14_sport)

Pentridge
01-02-2014, 05:14 PM
3rd goal. - view external link (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1asylf_jay-rodriguez-goal-fulham-0-3-southampton-epl-1-2-14_sport)

Dirtyweasel
01-02-2014, 05:19 PM
Cheers Pents B)

Have you found Torquay's goal yet?

CostaBaz
01-02-2014, 05:35 PM
Have previously avoided the Wanyama v Cork debates, on all forums, but the difference in our team, first and second half was clear to see.

The entire team seemed to gel, once he came on.

Hope they show the second goal in it's entirety. Seem to remember Lallana had it by the corner flag, on our left before the ball was worked back and across field.

Brilliant team goal.

proclaimer
01-02-2014, 06:04 PM
Have previously avoided the Wanyama v Cork debates, on all forums, but the difference in our team, first and second half was clear to see.

The entire team seemed to gel, once he came on.

Hope they show the second goal in it's entirety. Seem to remember Lallana had it by the corner flag, on our left before the ball was worked back and across field.

Brilliant team goal.

I'm not going to disagree but I'm not going to fall into that trap either. We had the same sort of thing when Victor arrived but after a while he ended all doubts. First game back today, I'll hold fire on that debate for now.

Dirtyweasel
01-02-2014, 06:15 PM
Is there a debate to be had?

Based on this seasons form, Cork should be the preferred choice. Defensively, both are superb. I guess it could be argued that VW is the stronger of the two when breaking up play, but for me the argument is won/lost on their distribution. Big Vic's distribution is simply awful, and when we play as MP wants us to play, we need someone who can win the ball and find a Saints shirt.

Vic is still a quality addition to the squad, but Cork deserves to be first choice, and Vic needs to work on his passing.

The competition is healthy in my opinion.

kernow
01-02-2014, 06:22 PM
Tuned in for the second half to watch another fantastic Saints performance and three beautiful goals from our trio of England internationals.

Jay Rod's goal was exceptional !
Delighted and raising a glass to the Saints ! :D :D

proclaimer
02-02-2014, 12:37 AM
You chose well Kernow. The second half was the one to watch.

BilltheCat
02-02-2014, 01:01 AM

...you still wouldn't go!

proclaimer
02-02-2014, 06:08 AM

...you still wouldn't go![/quote]

If Carling did tickets I might have a chance.

Although I doubt I'll add to my long list of clubs I've seen Saints play at since most of the one's I haven't been to are in L2. No such problems for you though. >;)

saintwayne
02-02-2014, 07:48 AM

Based on this seasons form, Cork should be the preferred choice. Defensively, both are superb. I guess it could be argued that VW is the stronger of the two when breaking up play, but for me the argument is won/lost on their distribution. Big Vic's distribution is simply awful, and when we play as MP wants us to play, we need someone who can win the ball and find a Saints shirt.

Vic is still a quality addition to the squad, but Cork deserves to be first choice, and Vic needs to work on his passing.

+1

All three goals were great, Jay's finish was exceptional but the second was my favourite. Brilliant team move across the pitch, patient passing and an emphatic finish from SRL to score his 100th league goal for us, doesn't get much better. :D

Pentridge
02-02-2014, 08:13 AM
Bill is an uber fan, he never misses a game. FACT.

CostaBaz
02-02-2014, 08:30 AM

Cork makes himself more available for receiving passes, by simple reading of the game, making it easier for us to retain the ball.

He also frees Morgan to get forward more.

If Roy was looking for a holding midfield player, he could do the job.

PapaLazarou
02-02-2014, 10:25 AM
Cork wasn't 100% fit, that's why Pochettino started with Wanyama who, unsurprisingly, looked very rusty and off the pace.

Thought Cork in the second half was outstanding - as he has been in most games of late, to be honest - and no coincidence that his introduction saw Saints take complete control of the game and turn in a totally dominant performance.

Brockley_Jack
02-02-2014, 11:11 AM
That was my favourite away day for some time. Still going over that 40 yard pass from Lambo in my head over and over again (Jrods goal)!

Club in turmoil? Pffft!!

CORKY FOR ENGLAND!!

Dirtyweasel
02-02-2014, 11:15 AM
The atmosphere sounded similar to last season in that the home crowd don't sing, or even make noise, unless they score, and all you could hear throughout was the Saints fans B)

I also noticed the 'neutral zone' was heavily populated with Saints O:) B)

Brockley_Jack
02-02-2014, 11:19 AM
I don't think there was a neutral zone yesterday. I got my ticket late so I'm pretty sure we got offered that section after we'd sold our allocation.

The bricklayers was like a morgue after, the locals convinced that they're going down.

kernow
02-02-2014, 11:22 AM
On that showing I think they're right. Pity really, such an inoffensive football club !

saintwayne
02-02-2014, 11:57 AM
I hope they do go down. Most plastic passionless fans in the PL, any club that has a 'neutral' section deserves nothing but relegation.