PDA

View Full Version : Bradford Match Thread

WOODLANDSWOLF
01-02-2014, 02:54 PM
Late start this morning. Come on you Wanderers!!
Any team news?

WOODLANDSWOLF
01-02-2014, 02:58 PM
Any team news?

McCarey; Ricketts Batth Stearman Golbourne; Jacobs Price McDonald Sako; Clarke Dicko.

GrizzledWolf
01-02-2014, 03:03 PM
If we are going to score a few goals then surely today's the day. It will be interesting to see
what Clarke and Dicko can do in tandem...
My fingers are crossed for a big score...COYW

WOODLANDSWOLF
01-02-2014, 03:03 PM
Any team news?

McCarey; Ricketts Batth Stearman Golbourne; Jacobs Price McDonald Sako; Clarke Dicko.[/quote]

Game day weather, cool [45f] and rainy, as usual.

WOODLANDSWOLF
01-02-2014, 03:04 PM
If we are going to score a few goals then surely today's the day. It will be interesting to see
what Clarke and Dicko can do in tandem...
My fingers are crossed for a big score...COYW

Would be nice too see 4 or 5 wouldn't it mate.

WOODLANDSWOLF
01-02-2014, 03:10 PM
Orient away at Rotherham, chance of them dropping points there, doubt if the Shrews will do us any favors against Brentford though.

WOODLANDSWOLF
01-02-2014, 03:14 PM
Orient away at Rotherham, chance of them dropping points there, doubt if the Shrews will do us any favors against Brentford though.

Orient down 1-0 already!:D

WOODLANDSWOLF
01-02-2014, 03:33 PM
Looks like we are pouring the corners in. How about a goal!

GrizzledWolf
01-02-2014, 03:46 PM
Bradford a man down and we've had 9 corners (and counting) and still can't get one between the posts.

Tim Nash (E & S) is very impressed with Clarke's sharpness. I'll be impressed too, if only he can score one or two.

What was your prediction for this one, Woody ?

GrizzledWolf
01-02-2014, 03:49 PM
Nash now saying that Wolves have lost their 'snap'...

No sooner said that and McDonald sends one in from 18 yards (45+3 mins)...half time WOLVES 1- BRADFORD 0

WOODLANDSWOLF
01-02-2014, 04:01 PM
Bradford a man down and we've had 9 corners (and counting) and still can't get one between the posts.

Tim Nash (E & S) is very impressed with Clarke's sharpness. I'll be impressed too, if only he can score one or two.

What was your prediction for this one, Woody

?

3-1 I think mate. Hopefully we will really open them up second half.

Come on mi Babbies!!!

GrizzledWolf
01-02-2014, 04:08 PM
According to the E & S...Kevin Doyle scored on his debut for QPR...that'd be right...jeez.

WOODLANDSWOLF
01-02-2014, 04:09 PM
According to the E & S...Kevin Doyle scored on his debut for QPR...that'd be right...jeez.

Long scored for Hull also.XD

GrizzledWolf
01-02-2014, 04:13 PM
I think we need a second one, Woody...There goes my bl--dy fingernails again (and they had just started to grow again after last week;D

WOODLANDSWOLF
01-02-2014, 04:17 PM
I think we need a second one, Woody...There goes my bl--dy fingernails again (and they had just started to grow again after last week;D

How are you following the game Grizz?

GrizzledWolf
01-02-2014, 04:21 PM
Another good gate...19,498.

WOLVES 2 - 0 now, from an own goal I think...no, it's been given to Dicko.

Henry on for Sako (who gets a good response from the fans for his afternoon's work).

dunstablewolf
01-02-2014, 04:22 PM
2-0. Game over

WOODLANDSWOLF
01-02-2014, 04:23 PM
Another good gate...19,498.

WOLVES 2 - 0 now, from an own goal I think.

OG! We'll take it:D :-D

Woking88
01-02-2014, 04:26 PM
Apparently credited to Dicko.

Woking88
01-02-2014, 04:27 PM
Brentford 1-0 up at Shrewsbury. Orient still 0-1 at Rotherham.

WOODLANDSWOLF
01-02-2014, 04:28 PM
Brentford just scored against the Shrews.:( :-(

Woking88
01-02-2014, 04:32 PM
Now Rotherham 1 Orient 1.

WOODLANDSWOLF
01-02-2014, 04:33 PM
Now Rotherham 1 Orient 1.

Oh well, all we can do is keep winning ourselves.

GrizzledWolf
01-02-2014, 04:38 PM
[quote="WOODLANDSWOLF" date="16:17 o

How are you following the game Grizz?[/quote]

From Tim Nash's comments on the E & S site. Best I can do here in Oz. 3.40 am,,,the things we do for love;D

WOODLANDSWOLF
01-02-2014, 04:41 PM
From Tim Nash's comments on the E & S site. Best I can do here in Oz. 3.40 am,,,the things we do for love;D

Same as me mate, deep in the heart of Texas.;D

Woking88
01-02-2014, 04:46 PM
I'm on the BBC site and the Wolves Blog on the official site, if it helps.

Woking88
01-02-2014, 04:49 PM
Brilliant - Shrews equalise!!! :D :D :D

TundraWolf
01-02-2014, 04:50 PM
That's the one I usually follow as well, Wokes, BBC Sport Football.

Woking88
01-02-2014, 04:52 PM
2-1 to Rotherham v Orient!!! :D :D :D

WOODLANDSWOLF
01-02-2014, 04:53 PM
A goal from midfield and an OG seems to be a poor return as we appear to be all over them.

TundraWolf
01-02-2014, 04:54 PM
Rotherham 2-1 Orient Final!!

Shrews 1-1 Brentford Final!!

Wolves now in second place, 2 pts below Brentford.

Woking88
01-02-2014, 04:59 PM

...and only 4 behind Orient on goal difference which could prove crucial at the end of the season!

Woking88
01-02-2014, 05:01 PM
I look forward to the feedback from those who went.

GrizzledWolf
01-02-2014, 05:04 PM
2-0 FT...I can live with that, but from the amount of chances that came our way, perhaps we should have had a few more, still mustn't be greeedy I suppose. The results of Leyton Orient and Brentford are also favourable for us, so it's been a good day all round. By all accounts
the fans were happy with Dicko and Clarke today..
...that's good news. Now going off to my bed, but look forward to Gav's match report when I awake. Goodnight to Woody, Wokes, Dunst' and Tundra...do hope you're all happy little puppies:D

WOODLANDSWOLF
01-02-2014, 05:09 PM
2-0 FT...I can live with that, but from the amount of chances that came our way, perhaps we should have had a few more, still mustn't be greeedy I suppose. The results of Leyton Orient and Brentford are also favourable for us, so it's been a good day all round. By all accounts
...that's good news. Now going off to my bed, but look forward to Gav's match report when I awake. Goodnight to Woody, Wokes, Dunst' and Tundra...do hope you're all happy little puppies:D

Pigs in clover mate! :D :-D Enjoy your Kip old son.

Woking88
01-02-2014, 05:19 PM

I certainly am, Grizzled! It was well worth getting up from trying to sleep off my night shift to witness those results for the top three! :D

Robus
01-02-2014, 05:48 PM

Just saw the news. That's huge! Orient still have a game in hand, but we're a big step closer to being back where automatic promotion depends on what we do and not on the missteps of others.

wolves71
01-02-2014, 08:04 PM
A comfortable victory and could have been a lot more. Bradford offered very little as an attacking force and two real chances of note, one off the bar in the first half and another off the post and upright in the second.

Wolves controlled a lot of the play in the game, both Clarke and Dicko offering good link up play to the midfield, with Clarke playing just off Dicko for a lot of the game.

I was hoping when Doyle was sent off for his second yellow that Wolves would take the game by the scruff of the neck and punish Bradford, but they defended well in numbers. When the breakthrough did come, for second game in a row, a low drive from McDonald from the edge of the Bradford area, assist from Sako. It was good going in at half time 1-0 up. Numerous corners for Wolves, but delivery at times left a lot to be desired. Chances before the first goal and arguably the best one fell to Stearman, but header straight at their keeper. One also for Sako, powerful effort on the left and turned aw

abbobrom
01-02-2014, 08:30 PM
My first game for a while and despite the weather it was an enjoyable experience. The score line does in no way show our total dominance. If it had been a boxing match the referee might have stopped the fight.

What a treat to see us playing football on the deck, almost Arsenal style at times. In Jacobs and Price we certainly have two very good young players, while McDonald continues to impress.

My son who was with me, felt that we had played better against Orient and Bristol, well if we did then it must have been terrific.

If I have one criticism it is that at times we overplayed. But mark my words, soon an opposing team is going to be in for a right thumping.

After Sako was removed, the tempo dropped a little but any other result would have been an injustice.

The choice for my man of the match goes to Stearman, I thought he handled their early threat well, never looking flustered or out of control. But Jacobs would have run him close.

We can only get better as the new playe

TundraWolf
01-02-2014, 08:32 PM
Agree, Abbo, positive news considering Clarke was playing with new teammates; as the ever changing squad settles down over the next few weeks their ability to anticipate each others moves should increase and result in more goals up front.

WOODLANDSWOLF
01-02-2014, 08:50 PM
Thank you for the match reports Gentlemen, excellent stuff. Any chance of game highlight clips Gav?:D

wolves71
01-02-2014, 08:56 PM
Thank you for the match reports Gentlemen, excellent stuff. Any chance of game highlight clips Gav?:D

They should be in the link that's posted below tomorrow, it's Wolves official youtube channel. - view external link (http://tinyurl.com/q4pxgv6)

WOODLANDSWOLF
01-02-2014, 08:57 PM

They should be in the link that's posted below tomorrow, it's Wolves official youtube channel.[/quote]

Cheers mate.:D :-D

Woking88
01-02-2014, 09:28 PM
Great input from Gav and Abbo - thanks very much gentlemen, your efforts are appreciated! :)

MichiganWolf
01-02-2014, 09:38 PM
Listened to the match and very happy with the three points, as always. Seems like these solid performances are becoming routine and we're finally starting to finish games like we were unable to do the first half of the season. Only 2 goals but, as they say, it's sometimes harder to score against 10 men than 11 if they're packing it in. From the sounds and reports, Clarke had a good second debut with Wolves and Sako had two solid games in a row. McCarey keeps another clean sheet and we'll have two extremely viable GK when Ikeme returns.

Great news across the league too as we benefit from two late goals against our opponents. We need to keep this automatic spot now with creating a Brentford like run over the next couple months.

UTW

Baldykev
01-02-2014, 10:47 PM
As I said the other night the best football I've seen down there in years .eve said ill have a pint of what your drinking .ime glad other appreciate the football jackett has got them playing McDonald was awesome again today

GrizzledWolf
02-02-2014, 12:07 AM
Many thanks to Gav' and Abbo for their thoughts on the game (why doesn't the 'like' button work anymore?).

It is, of course, too soon to become cock-a-hoop, but after this game we do, perhaps, have more reason to be hopeful. This morning
(Oz time) I feel within, the resurgence of
something that's been absent for far too long...
...Wolves pride !!! :D

Evewolf65
02-02-2014, 08:01 AM
As I said the other night the best football I've seen down there in years .eve said ill have a pint of what your drinking .ime glad other appreciate the football jackett has got them playing McDonald was awesome again today

It wasn't a dig Kev We are playing quite nice football at the level we're at nothing more What worries me is the level of domination we can exert on poor teams like Bradford who were down to 10 men doesn't equate to more goals,we should have crushed The Bantams yesterday !!
And should we reach the Championship this team will want revamping once more so IMO it's good football but is it the best football I've seen down The Molineux, personally I think No. :)

Baldykev
02-02-2014, 09:08 AM
What I forgot to say as well is that the football we are playing has been in the worst conditions so imagine how good they will be when the weather picks up .

wolves71
02-02-2014, 09:08 AM
I always try and say about the "here and now" football i'm watching. At this moment in time Wolves are playing good football on the ground, we are winning games and makes a change from getting beat weak in/week out in higher divisions in recent years.

ADP22
02-02-2014, 09:55 AM
We like to work the ball wide but the final delivery in to the box is often slow or never comes over which with players like Clarke and Dicko is a waste, especially Dicko, who is often seen gesturing when and where he wants the ball playing in to! His debut goal last week and the second yesterday are examples of what happens when the ball is moved quickly and early in to him! This for me is an area of the game we need to improve on when going forward, moving the ball quicker!

McDonald was a player who i felt never lived up to the hype, often going missing in games but in his last half dozen games, he has consistently put in good performances and certainly a player that has grown on me and was again fantastic yesterday! Interestingly, i read something from him that through his career, the second half of the seasons have always been the best for him and in my eyes, that has been the case this season.

Got to be happy with the weeks work and maximum points return! The team has really sta

Evewolf65
02-02-2014, 10:17 AM
[quote="ADP22"]We like to work the ball wide but the final delivery in to the box is often slow or never comes over which with players like Clarke and Dicko is a waste, especially Dicko, who is often seen gesturing when and where he wants the ball playing in to! His debut goal last week and the second yesterday are examples of what happens when the ball is moved quickly and early in to him! This for me is an area of the game we need to improve on when going forward, moving the ball quicker!

McDonald was a player who i felt never lived up to the hype, often going missing in games but in his last half dozen games, he has consistently put in good performances and certainly a player that has grown on me and was again fantastic yesterday! Interestingly, i read something from him that through his career, the second half of the seasons have always been the best for him and in my eyes, that has been the case this season.

Got to be happy with the weeks work and max

greystone16
02-02-2014, 12:52 PM
Haven't read all the reports but what a player young Jack Price is going to be.He hardly put a pass wrong and his passes were where the player wanted them not 3 yards behind, besides which he was not afraid to have a go at a team mate who didn't do what he thought they should have done.I've watched him for some years and he looked class but watch out for another one Robbie Parry,remember the.

wolves71
02-02-2014, 01:54 PM
Highlights in link below from yesterday's win... - view external link (http://tinyurl.com/oo4yq4p)