PDA

View Full Version : substitutions

number1stuartevans
02-02-2014, 11:00 AM
if you're reading this mr davis please please please make your subs when they can actually influence the game. uche has played how many minutes? wtf is the point in having him on loan? and if you couldnt see pogs was knackered after 70 minutes youre a blind man.and why do we warm a player up 3 times and not put him on?

steelydon
02-02-2014, 12:41 PM
Uche was a case of Darioitis. Subs are for wasting a bit of time when you are winning.

sacrewebleu
02-02-2014, 12:53 PM
The fine line is that SD ends up wasting Uches time . The 21s are playing at birmingham tmorrow, weather looks good so might pop along. Hoping now that weve shipped 4 or 5 deadwood out that normally clog up places for others that I can have a good luck at Uche, plus the likes of Olly , Waters, nolan , saunders, frazer and Bailes plus hopefully a few surprises.

stevief73
02-02-2014, 06:48 PM
Where is the game in Birmingham being played?

sacrewebleu
02-02-2014, 08:01 PM
Its at Birminghams training ground, Wast hills, kings norton, B38 9EL. Kick off 1pm. I went last year and RAvel Morrison played for them. Free and good entertainment. Keeps me off the streets now that im retired and my wife thinks im wonderful letting her shop in brum for 4 hours !!

whosbrianwilson
03-02-2014, 09:43 AM
if you're reading this mr davis please please please make your subs when they can actually influence the game. uche has played how many minutes? wtf is the point in having him on loan? and if you couldnt see pogs was knackered after 70 minutes youre a blind man.and why do we warm a player up 3 times and not put him on?

I actually thought Steve got his subs spot on on Saturday.

It was important for Pogs to get as much game time as possible coming back after his injury. Uche is with us for the season and is only 18 ffs - softly softly has to be the right approach. As for substitutes, they all start warming up from early in the first half (as they should under a good fitness coach). Doesn't mean they are going to come on - just need to be ready if called.

Oh and by the way, we did win 3-0 against the previously mighty Sheffield Utd.

AlexLeicester
03-02-2014, 09:55 AM
I do think WBW has it spot on. Byron Moore came on with the specific purpose of either helping to maintain the scoreline or improving it - he then scored!

On a more historic level, as a spectator I get frustrated when guys like Byron and Chuks seem to be not trying, or certainly not running around enough; and even more so when AJ is neutered by a decent defence. But maybe SD is seeing things from a different perspective; one honed from Reaseheath.

If his substitutions result in a win and a clean sheet, then more power to the man.