PDA

View Full Version : How Long ?

Lancer
02-02-2014, 06:38 PM
How long will the Pompey supporters turn up ?

I'm a season ticket holder yet why should I turn out to watch this rubbish when I could watch a good game on TV.

I'm 71 and it's getting colder.

I started watching Pompey in 1955 but I'm thinking about limiting my attendance. Of course this does not effect the gate takings as I'm a season ticket holder?. But what about those who are not.

They will not turn up, and who can blame them?. Not I.

Considering driving over to watch some decent football in B'mth !

BileysThere
02-02-2014, 06:50 PM

I'm a season ticket holder yet why should I turn out to watch this rubbish when I could watch a good game on TV.

I started watching Pompey in 1955 but I'm thinking about limiting my attendance. Of course this does not effect the gate takings as I'm a season ticket holder?. But what about those who are not.

Ah come on lancer you have at 71 been there done it and got the tshirt.
You won't give up. :)

berniefan
02-02-2014, 07:26 PM
Lancer is right. My mate and I are in our 60' s have supported Pompey for 50 years,both bought shares in Pompey and hold season tickets.

He lives in Bristol and decided not to go yesterday. He couldn't be bothered !
I live in Warwickshire, went on the basis of the Wycombe win. Wish
I hadn't !!

6hour round trip, a 80 quid petrol bill , to see a poor Pompey beaten by Torquay.
The team and the crowd only got going in the last 20 minutes .

Will we buy a Season ticket next year Probably...Will we come to matches ?...only if the team is worth watching .

lovedeanblue
02-02-2014, 08:15 PM

Considering driving over to watch some decent football in B'mth ! It was bloody cold, I put the usual extra T shirt on at half time. Regretted not taking a second, There again I wished I'd have stayed at home :blue:

Jim
03-02-2014, 06:21 PM
Comments like this from long standing fans makes me wonder just how much the attendances will drop next season both home and away. I know I'll be limiting my away days next season as they've become so expensive now and for the quality of football on show, it's simply terrible value for money.

bluekriss66
10-02-2014, 09:00 AM
Me too Jim..The thought of standing on a freezing Tuesday night watching a load of crap is none too appealing i must say..I used to go away quite a lot but haven't bothered lately.Its not pretty to watch at all..:(

Corkhead
10-02-2014, 09:16 AM
I live in Warwickshire, went on the basis of the Wycombe win. Wish
I hadn't !!

6hour round trip, a 80 quid petrol bill , to see a poor Pompey beaten by Torquay.

I live in Warwickshire too Bernie. I can get down and back in 5 hours with only a 50 quid petrol bill. :D

berniefan
10-02-2014, 04:41 PM
The journey to Pompey involves popping to Havant to see mother - in - law. My car does 26 mpg!
Live in hope for a win this Sat .

SouthseaBubble
10-02-2014, 05:00 PM

Lancer
People like you are the salt of the earth and I wonder if the younger generation of football fans will have the same amount of loyalty bearing in mind the cost of attending games plus the alternatives available, including watching live games from the comfort of an armchair or pub lounge.
I guess when you started going there wasn't much else to do on a Saturday and Pompey were a force to be reckoned with

Corkhead
10-02-2014, 05:17 PM
The journey to Pompey involves popping to Havant to see mother - in - law. My car does 26 mpg!
Live in hope for a win this Sat .

A Bentley driver who loves his Mum in Law. Are you sure you are a Pompey supporter? :D

mothman
10-02-2014, 05:49 PM
As far as I can remember supporting PFC has always been traumatic. What's new?

berniefan
10-02-2014, 07:56 PM
That made me smile Corkhead.
Merc .S Class . Didn't want to boast , but ...
Working class lad done good... Pompey attract all sorts !
Shorter trip this Sat. Mum - in - law in Scotland.
As you know , long journey home when we lose .

Corkhead
10-02-2014, 09:07 PM
Nice one Bernie. If you see me hitching up the A34 gissa lift. :D