PDA

View Full Version : CHUKS

PAULCAFC
03-02-2014, 05:55 PM
Beginnng to look the part now after some doubts from a section of fans esp last season, 2 great strikes on Sat esp first one, as good as NP`s strike at Gillingham a few seasons back IMO, stole the ball from a Sheffield player in the other half too! he won`t be here next season thats for sure, best player we have right now and nice to see his first goal featured on the end credits of the FL show Sat, that proves how good it was!

RenegadeDS
03-02-2014, 07:07 PM
His first goal was excellent in terms of the build up, but the finish was a big deflection to take it over the keeper, just FYI.

GSMITH
03-02-2014, 07:07 PM
You are deluded if you think that was better than Powells 35-40 yard goal!!!!

PAULCAFC
03-02-2014, 08:14 PM
Deflection or not it was class at any level!

Timon
03-02-2014, 10:55 PM
His first goal was excellent in terms of the build up, but the finish was a big deflection to take it over the keeper, just FYI.

No deflection on that shot, hits under the ball & curls it from outside the post.

alexmick
04-02-2014, 11:09 AM
No deflection from where I was sitting. The commentary did say that the ball was deflected, although perhaps the only factor was the wind's effect on the flight of the ball. Great strike, but in my opinion, not as classy as our own Nick Powell's wonder goal against Gillingham. For me, the best Powell goal was his last for the Alex on Wembley's hallowed turf. Having said that, we cannot take anything away from Chucks as most of his strikes this season have been fantastic.

somersetcrewe
04-02-2014, 11:53 AM
Powell at Gillingham, never forget it. When it left his foot, remember thinking "who's he passing to?" Pure class!!

Chuks has really come on, seemed to finish last season quite strong, (was my MOM in the JPT final), and after a slow start to this season seems to be blossoming in that "no. 10" role!! Much too good for League 1 !!

out0lunch
05-02-2014, 09:04 AM
Interesting piece in the Sentinel re Chucks - view external link (http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Crewe-Alexandra-Hopes-persuade-Arsenal-loanee/story-20561055-detail/story.html)

RenegadeDS
05-02-2014, 09:28 AM

No deflection on that shot, hits under the ball & curls it from outside the post.[/quote]

The video shows a rather large deflection as he hits the ball...

Crewe313
05-02-2014, 09:55 AM
Chuks is one of those players who every time I see him he does nothing and then when I don't see a game everyone goes crazy and he has the game of his life. I think I need to stay away from more Alex games from now on!!!

bigroof
05-02-2014, 10:45 AM

No deflection on that shot, hits under the ball & curls it from outside the post.[/quote]

The video shows a rather large deflection as he hits the ball...[/quote]

How can you be so certain, Renegade?! It's not even obvious that there was any deflection - though it's possible - let alone a rather large one!

Timon
05-02-2014, 03:12 PM

The video shows a rather large deflection as he hits the ball...[/quote]

I'm afraid it doesn't

duschko
05-02-2014, 04:03 PM
I was right behind it - it did !!

chinaalex
05-02-2014, 04:19 PM
I sit in the railway end and must admit, when he hit it I thought it came off the boot of the Shef Utd player.

Watching it again on the FLS and the Alex you tube page, i'm not so sure it does. Great build up and the way he just brushed the other player off the ball was brilliant.

alexmick
05-02-2014, 04:59 PM
Perhaps we should ask Chucks.

jwar123
05-02-2014, 06:11 PM
I was sat in line. It was a clean hit.

PAULCAFC
05-02-2014, 07:00 PM
[quote="alexmick"]Perhaps we should ask Chucks.[/quote

Chucks? as in hello chucks!?XD XD

Timon
05-02-2014, 10:49 PM
I was sat in line. It was a clean hit.

Correct. As I said above, the ball started outside the post & came back in, it looked like it might hit or even shave the post. Had the defender taken a piece of the ball his momentum should have taken it further away from the goal, not towards.