PDA

View Full Version : Freedman keen to send more Bolton youngsters out on loan...

campo21
04-02-2014, 08:29 PM
Dougie Freedman will send some of Bolton's younger players out on loan when the window re-opens as he bids to alter the club's philosophy on youth development.

The former Crystal Palace boss has experience of bringing on players such as England cap Wilfried Zaha and admits he has been stunned that his current club have failed to do likewise in recent years.

Excluding current Chelsea centre-back Gary Cahill, who they purchased from Aston Villa anyway, the Trotters have largely failed to groom the next generation of talent and have instead relied on buying players.

It is something Freedman is determined to change, a process he intends to start by finding loan spots for those in the Under-21 squad next month.

"The football club has never been a training club; it's never been a club where you train players," he explained.

"I can't quite understand why it wouldn't be. With my business head on, I want it to be a training club.

"The young players at this football club - the Under-2

campo21
04-02-2014, 08:30 PM
We might aswell loan them all out they will never get 1st team football under Freedman.