PDA

View Full Version : Well done, Shaun!

VindePays2009
04-02-2014, 11:24 PM
I've never had anything against this lad, who lost his way a bit after the Crawley sending-off before being sold on to the Blades.

And he wasn't used by Cloughie as his secret weapon last Saturday to come back and plague his former club.

So it's nice to relax and learn that he did a Platty, scoring in the last seconds of extra time against Fulham.

And with his head! Did he even know that he was allowed to use that part of his body?

Timon
04-02-2014, 11:30 PM
I've never had anything against this lad, who lost his way a bit after the Crawley sending-off before being sold on to the Blades.

And he wasn't used by Cloughie as his secret weapon last Saturday to come back and plague his former club.

So it's nice to relax and learn that he did a Platty, scoring in the last seconds of extra time against Fulham.

And with his head! Did he even know that he was allowed to use that part of his body?

We were glad he stayed on the bench last Sat

AlexLeicester
05-02-2014, 08:33 AM
Let's not be too hasty :-)
Shaun came on in the 97th minute; and committed four fouls, for which he was booked once. On the plus side he managed to stay on-side for all the 23 minutes he was on!

I don't think he would have caused us any trouble on Saturday. Fulham were pathetic from front to back for the whole game plus extra time.

itwasin
05-02-2014, 09:28 AM
SM about as much use as AJ

bigroof
05-02-2014, 10:42 AM
Pleased for him. It's not easy to come back from the cruciate ligament operation. He's had to try to impress several managers either side of the injury, and in a declining team as well.

Timon
05-02-2014, 03:13 PM
Pleased for him. It's not easy to come back from the cruciate ligament operation. He's had to try to impress several managers either side of the injury, and in a declining team as well.

Agreed

alexmick
05-02-2014, 04:56 PM
A superb poacher's goal from Miller, although he was extremely lucky to be shown only a yellow card for the 'studs showing' foul. Fulham were abysmal and perhaps that is not only because they are one of several poor PL sides (that league is getting worse), but also due to the fact that an understrength Sheffield team did not allow them to dictate the play. The main reason for me, was the awesome performance from John Brayford. United's best defender and winger on the night. Why Cardiff cannot make use of him in their relegation fight, beats me.

somersetcrewe
06-02-2014, 01:12 PM
Yes, happy for Miller - a real poacher's goal, helped in no small way by Dempsey (was it?) who was marking him when the cross came in but had gone AWOL when it came back.

Fulham were quite frankly shocking!
Rene was asked pre-match what was he expecting out of the match, especially in light of their meek surrender to Southampton at the weekend. "A reaction!" was his concise reply!
I've seen more reaction from a corpse!!

Made me question the validity of these nonsensical directors of football too. Curbishley was installed at Craven Cottage for that role and his demeanour during the game, (arms folded, apparent total disinterest), was mirrored on the pitch.
Ok, his job is not to rally the troops on matchday but he could show a little more that that!!

If they're not down by Easter ... ...!!

whosbrianwilson
06-02-2014, 01:20 PM
Curbishley will be the manager soon.