PDA

View Full Version : Contesting A Red Card In The Courts

wolves71
06-02-2014, 07:15 PM
It looks like West Ham, having failed with an appeal to get Andy Carroll's red card against Swansea City last weekend overturned, are now going to take legal action.

Interesting quote in link below from David Gold regarding where they are in the league and if they were mid table they would not go down this route.

I actually thought after seeing highlights on MOTD that Carroll would win his appeal, but now, this is just the beginning, every debatable card could end up being contested in court if it goes against clubs. - view external link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26039222)

wolves71
06-02-2014, 07:27 PM
http://abload.de/img/andydcajsjlj.gif

Chico Flores plays a great part in the above XD

Rivaldo eat your heart out :)

Woking88
06-02-2014, 08:46 PM
Judging on that clip alone, I don't see that Carroll's action can be deemed deliberate or premeditated as he had his back to Flores and was just sorting himself out for his next involvement in the game. He would need eyes in the back of his head for that to be deliberate.

I hope that West Ham win this case!

jiltedjohn
06-02-2014, 09:37 PM
IMO the red was wrong and should have been overturned,don't know why it wasn't, but if clubs start going down the legal route heaven help football. We'll end up with the police getting involved in on field scuffles, imagine the police taking statements from 30,000 witnesses.
I think West Ham have a case, here's hoping the FA can get this sorted in-house.

wolves71
06-02-2014, 10:14 PM
IMO the red was wrong and should have been overturned,don't know why it wasn't, but if clubs start going down the legal route heaven help football. We'll end up with the police getting involved in on field scuffles, imagine the police taking statements from 30,000 witnesses.
I think West Ham have a case, here's hoping the FA can get this sorted in-house.

Court of Arbitration the next step for West Ham.

theplater
07-02-2014, 12:28 AM
I also think the sending off was harsh, and that Florapuff was a disgraceful cheat but I also think this is a desperate act and West Ham are peeing in the wind with this action.

dunstablewolf
07-02-2014, 08:27 AM
Big Sam laughing in his face was quality.

Woking88
07-02-2014, 09:30 AM
Plates, I agree with you totally on this. I do however, think that the time is long overdue when the FA are brought face to face with the reality that they are accountable to higher authority!

greystone16
07-02-2014, 10:28 AM
Totally agree with Plates on this one,OK so there was a case to appeal but to start going down the Court road could lead to a type of anarchy and what about the little clubs who can't afford the legal fees. Save your money Gold and buy Johnson,a much better way to spend your " hard **** " earned cash.

essexwolf
07-02-2014, 12:30 PM
:D Definitely a red card , no less than they deserve.:D

jiltedjohn
07-02-2014, 01:50 PM

Looks like the FA are trying to keep it in house (link). - view external link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/)

Woking88
07-02-2014, 03:11 PM

Looks like the FA are trying to keep it in house (link).[/quote]

What's this ... commonsense at the FA, things are looking up! ;D

Robus
07-02-2014, 04:11 PM
I also think the sending off was harsh, and that Florapuff was a disgraceful cheat but I also think this is a desperate act and West Ham are peeing in the wind with this action.

I don't understand how displays like the one by this Flores person are even tolerated. Why are they not punished? How did they become accepted? These are English leagues, not Spanish or Italian ones.

I'm glad West Ham are taking it to court. I hope they prevail. Somebody needs to stand up and say "enough."

chimplad
07-02-2014, 04:51 PM
His arm is outstretched not bent which would suggest there is no intent.
He is actually steadying himself and looking at the ref in a suggestion to say "what are you going to do about this knob that has just had me in a headlock"?
The FA are on the technicality that the words say 'prove his arm didn't touch the puffs head'...obviously it does, but it's obviously an unintentional contact unlike the headlock while carrol was being used as a climbing frame.

jiltedjohn
07-02-2014, 05:10 PM
Decision upheld (link) - view external link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26081791)

theplater
07-02-2014, 05:13 PM
Decision upheld (link)

Of course it was...can you imagine the can of worms it would have opened if West Ham had succeeded?

wolves71
07-02-2014, 06:53 PM
No big surprise that the suspension has been upheld. If West Ham and Carroll had succeeded then every debatable sending off, foul, throw could have been questioned. Hopefully now though, ref's will take note of incidents like this and the after shock and play acting of Flores.

essexwolf
07-02-2014, 08:56 PM
Decision upheld (link)

Good , couldn't happen to a nicer team. Scumbags.

wolves71
07-02-2014, 09:22 PM
Decision upheld (link)

Good , couldn't happen to a nicer team. Scumbags.[/quote]

Pity you couldn't post on West Ham Mad to tell them how you really feel ;D

GrizzledWolf
08-02-2014, 05:07 AM
Notwithstanding the spleen-venting outbursts from our brother-wolf in Es***;D , as a 'neutral' I'm incensed by the seeming injustice of an 'independent tribunal' that chose to uphold referee Howard Webb's decision in this matter...how bl--dy convenient!!! IMO it is unfortunate, albeit understandable, that West Ham considered taking action against the F.A. over this affair. Had they done so they might have set an unwelcome precedent with the potential to expose the lack of wisdom and fortitude existing at Wembley H.Q. and, of course, that would never do would it?

How much longer must we wait before the F.A. decides to rid the British game of this
'play-acting' nonsense. Allowed to flourish abroad, this unseemly practice of blatant cheating has now become commonplace in the U.K. Unfortunately, even the best of referees can be fooled by this despicable, unmanly behaviour, often resulting in the award of undeserved advantage and proving crucial to the final outcome of a game. Perhaps, t

essexwolf
08-02-2014, 08:31 AM
Decision upheld (link)

Good , couldn't happen to a nicer team. Scumbags.[/quote]

Pity you couldn't post on West Ham Mad to tell them how you really feel ;D[/quote]

Nothing would give me more pleasure. :/