PDA

View Full Version : The Walking Dead

Jim
07-02-2014, 06:42 PM
Just a reminder that it starts again this weekend, I believe FX are showing it in this country on Monday night so not too long to wait.

I have a feeling of how things are going to go bt shan't spoil it for anyone.

BileysThere
07-02-2014, 07:12 PM
Looking forward to it Jim.I have finished all the Game of Thrones books now too. I do feel a complete plonker after buying the 'complete' box set of Breaking Bad and feeling the ending was too subtle but good. Then i find out i'm missing the last eight episodes so my dismay at finishing the best drama ever has changed to desperation to get those episodes.

Jim
07-02-2014, 07:17 PM
Hahaha! The last 8 episodes are excellent. The third from last is probably the best episode of TV I've ever watched.

What did you think of the GoT books? (No spoilers for the likes of chis and Pents!) Really looking forward to the next one given how many things have to be resolved and the certain cliffhangers, but still no idea on a publishing date yet!

BlueAdder
07-02-2014, 07:38 PM
Watched all of Breaking Bad and thought it was good but hardly best ever. Since finishing it I have watched all of The Wire which I thought was better. Walking Dead just not my kind of thing, might as well watch Buffy.
N0.1 for me is still West Wing.

BileysThere
07-02-2014, 07:55 PM
All iv'e watched of BB has been brill, Cranston takes on the part with a brilliance Paccino/De Niro etc would regard as their finest. So my joy at knowing that there is more is real.
GOT books were causing me sleepless nights, the ending seems to far away. I hope yer man does eventually get the next one out soon, although i will have probably read them all again by then(so much to take in)My daughter who got me into both BB & GOT thinks he will never finish the books. :blue:

BileysThere
07-02-2014, 08:03 PM
Watched all of Breaking Bad and thought it was good but hardly best ever. Since finishing it I have watched all of The Wire which I thought was better. Walking Dead just not my kind of thing, might as well watch Buffy.
N0.1 for me is still West Wing.

My wife who watches every type of drama series(not CS,EF,EAST) but serious modern dramas
believes BB has no equal so there Bladder.

BlueAdder
07-02-2014, 08:15 PM
But has she watched The West Wing?

BileysThere
07-02-2014, 08:47 PM
But has she watched The West Wing?

She has, also 24 and TAHM, she likes the Sheens as do i.
BB is just better than the rest.

Jim
09-02-2014, 03:00 PM
Just reading a preview on the second half of this series and Abraham is a new character to be introduced along with Eugene and Rosita.

I seriously hope the TV Showrunners don't screw up his character like they did with Andrea, Dale and Michonne.

Jim
17-03-2014, 06:31 PM
Is anyone currently up to date with this? (Biley, fairy, Pents?)

The latest episode is the most stunned I've been after an episode of TV since the Red Wedding on GoT.

BileysThere
17-03-2014, 06:59 PM
Is anyone currently up to date with this? (Biley, fairy, Pents?)

The latest episode is the most stunned I've been after an episode of TV since the Red Wedding on GoT.

I'm up to season 4 ep 13, dale and cathy? not stunning but dale knows how to handle himself. Best character in the show for me. :?
I did get and watched the final series of Breaking Bad, that was stunning. :D
Can't wait for GOT now as iv'e finished the books.

Jim
17-03-2014, 07:44 PM
Dale and Cathy? Not the episode I've just watched, Biley!

Not long til Game of Thrones now, liking the look of the trailers!

BileysThere
17-03-2014, 07:56 PM
Dale and Cathy? Not the episode I've just watched, Biley!

Not long til Game of Thrones now, liking the look of the trailers!

What series are you on, without giving anything away? I know over here we were a bit ahead of the early series. Maybe now we are behind.

BileysThere
17-03-2014, 08:59 PM
Sorry Jim, it's Daryl and Beth in the funeral home. I'm shoite withs.

Jim
17-03-2014, 10:22 PM
You're only an episode or two behind now then. You'll know what I mean when it happens.

BileysThere
18-03-2014, 06:31 PM
I series linked it on the sky+ so ithought i had seen them all. My wife moved the recording for the last episode to fox+ as it clashed but didn't tell me. So anyway i watched it last night and it was shocking. I know that if it was real life these things might happen but i feel that some things are best left alone. Not just one but two children murdered and i can't decide which one is worse. So yeah i now know what you meant in your OP.

Pentridge
18-03-2014, 08:10 PM
Quite a harrowing episode.

When I saw this this thread last night I thought that maybe Daryl had died, (as Internet rumour would suggest) fortunately this wasn't the case. Lets face it, only a zombie Chuck Norris could manage to off Daryl..

Jim
18-03-2014, 10:08 PM
What have you thought about the series overal Pents? I think it has been pretty poor and a lot of it seems like filler before all groups eventually get to Terminus.

I can see a few complaints rolling in to AMC after that last episode, but I think it was done very well.