PDA

View Full Version : Floods

daisyhillbilly68
08-02-2014, 12:36 AM
If you bought a house on a main road do you then have a moan about traffic noise.
If you bought a house near an airport can you really have rights to complain about noise from air traffic.
If you bought a house on a known flood plain, can you really moan when it actually floods.
For FFS I am sick to death of hearing about the floods in Somerset, especially those poor farmers who get paid for growing f uck all.
I was born there and most of my family still live there, I''m sick of them taking the p iss with their " its grim up north" attitude.

F Uck to them.

klassnic
08-02-2014, 04:18 AM
I feel for them really

Ok flooding is part and parcel of where the communities down there have built up as it's a great area to live.

But to be honest it's not a bit of flooding with an inch or 2 inch of water in places it's homes that have children in them with 6 ft of water.

and the water can flood at such a quick pace.

Where I do agree with you is that it is an area that is known to flood so why people who have decided to retire there without researching the common faults of the area.

Also the place is built on sand too so that means houses and buildings are built on rafts

and ina flooding area rafts float away.

the government rules for developer for in that area should be 3 story houses or buildings to be built so the ground floor is used as a storage bay instead of a loft so that if they ever get flooded again the gas and electric services and personal important appliances are still in use for the elderly and families with kids.

Also like in canada that driveways have to

Whatsmore
08-02-2014, 10:03 AM
well regardless of the knowingly living on flood plains or not what they are suffering now could never be predicted and I feel immensely sorry for the people in that area.

itsintheblood
08-02-2014, 08:43 PM
I wouldn't wish them on anybody.

I even panic when I see a puddle near my back door.