PDA

View Full Version : Can't score, won't score!

laticRMI
08-02-2014, 05:18 PM
OK, we do look more solid under Rosler, but we still have a very poor goal scoring rate - especially away from home. That bit hasn't changed from Coyle's reign. No chance of play offs now, methinks - let's just see if we can break the club record for the most number of nils in a season ;D

jocklatic
08-02-2014, 05:32 PM
[quote="laticRMI"]OK, we do look more solid under Rosler, but we still have a very poor goal scoring rate - especially away from home. That bit hasn't changed from Coyle's reign. No chance of play offs now, methinks - let's just see if we can break the club record for the most number of nils in a season ;D[/quote

Too much tinkering with the team if u ask me plus no width. Huddersfield were crap but just shows how lacking we are in not beating them!!

Les_bradds_lad
08-02-2014, 05:54 PM
Last two matches we have had 30 plus shots on goal and scored twice surely we are gonna tw@t a team 7-0 sooner or later

nagisaki
08-02-2014, 08:15 PM
Agree with jock on this one.Why is he playing loan players what are not getting games with their own club.then leaving out our own players who have playing well.callum mac,roger esp,james maclean.

jocklatic
08-02-2014, 08:19 PM
Agree with jock on this one.Why is he playing loan players what are not getting games with their own club.then leaving out our own players who have playing well.callum mac,roger esp,james maclean.

Couldn't agree more - def missing Callum n Maclean tho tend to feel roger is better coming on in the last 30min as he gives us a bit of a lift / speed in attack.

Les_bradds_lad
08-02-2014, 08:29 PM
The problem is it's not just been this season has it for 8 years in the greed league easy chances have been missed and only scored a max of 45 to 50 goals in a good season

And I know this is a lower level league but the opposition do have decent goalies as well not saying that as an excuse mind

WhoRYa
09-02-2014, 08:08 AM
For me the problem at the moment is Rosler's squad rotation & from what I can tell it is something he strongly believes in
I'm not a fan of it to be honest but even the successful top flight managers who use it keep a large core of players & only tinker round the ages nor is it play one game, rotate, play another, rotate, play another etc.. they'll rotate after a heavy schedule.
Rosler is making 4 or 5 changes either personnel wise or positional wise from game to game & it's not allowing any sort of rhythm or momentum to develop or for partnerships between players in midfield etc.. to develop whereby they know the positions their team mates will run into.
What it results in for my money are the kind of disjointed, stuttering performances like yesterday or Doncaster & others

I don't think that it's any coincidence that where we're seeing the least changes from game to game (at the back) is where by & large we look strongest, yet from what Rosler's been saying he's brought defenders i

italia
09-02-2014, 09:58 AM
most definitely ; barsnley Yeovil for e.g just hope I can pair the first goalscorer with it and a tenner on it !

boyceeeunderrated
09-02-2014, 01:24 PM
not with no goal scorer.. i always said we would struggle with no good striker pathetic display yesterday and constantly having our best 2 midfielders on the bench just does not make sense to me im so so with rosler so far if im being honest
Last two matches we have had 30 plus shots on goal and scored twice surely we are gonna tw@t a team 7-0 sooner or later