PDA

View Full Version : Graham Kavanagh On The Gillingham Defeat

thetashkentterror
08-02-2014, 10:08 PM
Post-match interview:
<br> - view external link (http://www.carlisleunited-mad.co.uk/roll/ed15/graham_kavanagh_on_the_gillingham_defeat_824081/index.shtml)

trout47
08-02-2014, 11:28 PM
CANT BEAR MUCH MORE OF THESE PATHETIC EXCUSES.
honesty , and back to the drawing board etc !!!!
try winning some games , it helps.
that was the first time Gillingham have won at BP for over 20 yrs.
shamefull yet again.
sick of hearing how honestly we played etc etc .
results are all that matters.

Piglet_Phoenix
09-02-2014, 09:01 AM
Living the cliche of being a halfwit Irishman. Judging by this interview he should stick to tarmac-ing driveways or selling pegs and lucky heather.

Singling out Meppen-Walter for criticism is really getting to the ridiculous stage now. It's a team game, are his errors really the only reason we're conceding goals? Clearly Walter expects to be blamed now, so he pre-empts Kavanagh in the dressing room. If you keep telling him he's not good enough then it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Being publically critical of individuals like this is very wrong, it is appalling man management. If he doesn't think Walter is good enough he shouldn't play him. Maybe he should've given our vastly experienced League One central defender another chance instead of booting him down to the Conference before bemoaning our lack of experience.

Then you have Kavanagh signing a defensive midfielder on loan then playing him on the left as he doesn't think he's good enough to play as a defensive midfielder. D

PADDOCK
09-02-2014, 10:47 AM
At the moment he's making Abbott look like Alex Ferguson. Playing Amoo the whole game on the left leaving us with no right sided attack. Amoo had to turn every time to get the ball onto his right foot because he can't use his left.
I'm surprised the new keeper wasn't given a midfield role.
Please, just p!ss off back to County Knockydocky or wherever you come from as you are patently useless at football management.

bruntonginga
09-02-2014, 12:46 PM
I can understand putting Amoo on the left with Drennan on the right, as is the modern method of putting opposite footed players on their other side. But they could've been given the option to swap sides to keep attacking options fresh. The Ekangamene excuse was just staggering. If he's not good enough in his best position then why is he here on loan??? Why has noble been dropped? Why was there 4 MIDFIELDERS on the bench yesterday - Noble, Symington, Redmond and Thirwell??? I genuinely think Kavanagh has had a bit of a melt down in the past week and panicked after the Bristol City defeat. And if the club is so skint then why have they got 4 goalkeepers at the moment????

polopblue
09-02-2014, 02:06 PM
Must admit Kavs team selection and some of his signings are bewildering to say the least.

newby
09-02-2014, 03:27 PM
I heard that bouzanis offered his services for free and I date say sunderland won't be getting anything for Pickford
They let the best keeper go when they didn't sign robinson after a bounce game apparently wanted to use the budget on outfield players???????
Its not rocket science Stop the goals and you won't get beat

Nevermore666
09-02-2014, 04:13 PM
I'm no expert but clean sheets don't win games, goals do.

nakedboy
09-02-2014, 05:11 PM
I think he'll come good. A bit like this website things will get better. He now has plenty of players to choose from and the few positive comments about yesterday suggest the results will come. 21 shots at goal was an improvement on 3 at Bristol.

Piglet_Phoenix
09-02-2014, 05:59 PM
Statistically speaking 0>1.

Clean sheets are more important than goals.

newby
09-02-2014, 06:21 PM
Correct but only if you score more than you concede and when you concede 1 you have to score 2 concede 2 score 3 are you getting the gist bearing in mind getting more than one goal is proving difficult
Nice to Score a goal and win a game or don't concede and get something from the game

sandpit
09-02-2014, 06:49 PM
Look Kav wanted the job,it is up to him now.I don't think folk think it could getting any worse,and the very thought of blaming Kav is unthinkable.

It is all to easy to think back to Greg and all that cobblers because folk can't stand the very thought of the mess we are in.

Well perhaps he will mould his own squad in the summer,fair enough then,but what if the board don't give him any funds,then what!

my_blue_way
09-02-2014, 09:19 PM
I will keep going to the games but fear that the performances over the last two months, our amateurish approach and fragile confidence means we are sunk. We are losing ***** games to too many teams around us and think that's now 7 defeats in the last 9.

There are plenty of games left of course and I'm sure we'll pick up the odd win here and there, but the bigger picture is that we have gone backwards in recent weeks and lack necessary mental strength to achieve results.

It's wrong to say Kavanagh hasn't had the chance to shape his own squad. By my reckoning (admittedly tricky with the huge turnover), he's signed three players on contracts - Chimbonda, Buaben and Meppen-Walter. None of these has made any positive impact. In fact, if Livesey or Edwards had made the type of errors CMW did yesterday there would have been calls for their public execution. It's not just a one off for him either - remember Walsall?

Kavanagh has a difficult job, no doubt, but no more difficult than many o