PDA

View Full Version : BOLTON V BURNLEY

Whatsmore
09-02-2014, 10:15 PM
I realy think we will be up for this one even dougies half time motivational team talk wont stop us winning this one 2.1 but burnley fans if you win the game and im wrong then remember before you start taking p1ss on here that you still have a mountain to climb to gain promotion don't disrespect bwfc who have a far more illustrias history than you have,i know history means nothing in modern football and if you go up you will almost certainly go down again but you will be far wealthier for it that I understand but if you are victorious on Tuesday night have respect for a club far more biggar in stature than youselfs or take the p1ss at your peril because football being football in 3 yrs you maybe back in league one and how much p1sstaking would you feel like doing then hey lads?

JimmyJazz64
09-02-2014, 10:34 PM
On the sauce mate?

Thought you liked the Burnley lads?

alfinyalcabo
09-02-2014, 10:35 PM
Hello Whatsmore,i would never dream of dissing Bolton,you are very capable of turning us over with the team you have,i just hope your revival doesn't start until after tuesday mate..I think the only thing most clarets fans have dissed is that cnut Susan Boyle.. good luck for the rest of the season after tuesday night of course. B)

Stan_van_nel
09-02-2014, 11:02 PM
'don't disrespect bwfc who have a far more illustrias history than you have'

That bit there tells me that not only is he on the wind up, but has been drinking since 8 o'clock this morning. :D

Twice champions of England. http://i49.tinypic.com/2uyoz1i.jpg

claret1978
10-02-2014, 09:23 AM
Wot a t*t. playing in l1, if we are you would be more than likely playing l2, lol. you have a good players, but how many managers do you need to blame, just face facts your an average championship side now. just like us! Bigger club! Keep telling yourself that!XD

Whatsmore
10-02-2014, 10:05 AM
yeah jimmy had a few unfortunately on my sunday afternoon/evening ritual.bit embarrassing the O.P and I do like all the realy good burnley lads on here like those who have just replied and gone easy on me,but you get sausage jockeys like rossendaleclaret who would be on here like a shot if they win,also phychologicaly I think im trying to prepare myself by having a go at them first because that team of thiers if theyre on form will demololish our bunch of fairies,actualy is it fair to fairies to refer them to our lot,because fairies have the energy to move around and can lift wands now do our players move anywere on the pitch and can our dougie lift the wands imjust hoping the atmosphere will do what freedman cant and lift the players to try for 5 or 10 mins,yeah ok probably not:blue: :blue: :blue:

eric1953
10-02-2014, 05:53 PM
Why did I know it would come to this ?

My dad's bigger than your dad *******s.

The plain facts are that Burnley have a manager who has blended a squad of players to give 100% every game. Are well drilled, never give up and do not make stupid horrendous errors match after match. CONSISTENCY of team selection is the key at Burnley, he knows his preferred team, and plays them every week, injuries and suspensions excepted.

At Bolton, we have a manager who has created something totally different. Players who do not give 100% every game. They do not seem to play to any particular system, it changes week in and week out. There is no consistency of team selection, and we do make horrendous mistakes every week, allied to the fact that we probably have the worst goalkeepers in the league.

That's the difference. There are more brains on the Yorkshire Ripper's hammer than Freedman has.

JimmyJazz64
10-02-2014, 09:39 PM
The plain facts are that Burnley have a manager who has blended a squad of players to give 100% every game. Are well drilled, never give up and do not make stupid horrendous errors match after match. CONSISTENCY of team selection is the key at Burnley, he knows his preferred team, and plays them every week, injuries and suspensions excepted.

At Bolton, we have a manager who has created something totally different. Players who do not give 100% every game. They do not seem to play to any particular system, it changes week in and week out. There is no consistency of team selection, and we do make horrendous mistakes every week, allied to the fact that we probably have the worst goalkeepers in the league.

Superb summary that eric

Whatsmore
10-02-2014, 10:01 PM
agreed excellent post eric im sorry yet again I seem to have made a t1t of myself with the opening post

campo21
10-02-2014, 10:04 PM
Spot on there eric!

alfinyalcabo
10-02-2014, 10:14 PM
agreed excellent post eric im sorry yet again I seem to have made a t1t of myself with the opening post

Dont worry whatsmore ..it happens to the best of us.. It will happen again and again no doubt. XD XD

Whatsmore
10-02-2014, 10:37 PM
cheers alf one of the proper burnley fans on here and yes I agree it will happen again usualy on a sunday evening and usualy when the stiffs have been appaling again:D :D :D

braindead
11-02-2014, 09:30 AM
'More illustrious history' XD XD XD

Cheers for making my morning. It helps if you have won the league at least once in your 100 plus years before you start spouting off.

XD XD

eric1953
11-02-2014, 12:15 PM
Braindead. As regards to illustrious history. I think we should all be proud of our origins and being part of the initial 12 clubs to start of the football league. Blackburn,Burnley,Bolton and Preston are a credit to Lancashire. We all have our ups and downs. Unfortunately we may have a lot more downs in the near future.

gallopingchip
11-02-2014, 12:29 PM
Granted Burnley have won the Title twice and we have never won it. However we do have bragging rights for the following.
More FA cup wins and final appearances.
First team to win the FA cup at Wembley.
Record crowd at Burnden far bigger than the record crowd at Turf moor.
More players representing England.

So it isn't as clear cut as you think Burnley fans.

CardyTheClaret
11-02-2014, 01:25 PM
You missed 'better pies' off your list.

gallopingchip
11-02-2014, 01:31 PM
When thinking about our record crowd figure and how many times we've won the FA cup, pies don't readily come to mind but if you insist we have the better pies I'll take your word for it.

CardyTheClaret
11-02-2014, 01:33 PM
I'm only trying to help you scrape the barrel.

braindead
11-02-2014, 01:48 PM
Braindead. As regards to illustrious history. I think we should all be proud of our origins and being part of the initial 12 clubs to start of the football league. Blackburn,Burnley,Bolton and Preston are a credit to Lancashire. We all have our ups and downs. Unfortunately we may have a lot more downs in the near future.

I agree with you (Minus Blackburn of course!), and was merely responding to the OP, who evidently has a few marbles rolling around upstairs.

gallopingchip
11-02-2014, 02:18 PM
I'm only trying to help you scrape the barrel.
You see there you have it assuming that you have the better history by posting the cr*p above

Stan_van_nel
11-02-2014, 03:17 PM
I'll see Gallopingchip's list and raise him...

Texaco Cup runners up.
Being at our home for 131 years.
4th Division Champions.
Had better Northern Ireland Internationals played for us.

gallopingchip
11-02-2014, 04:42 PM
Oh no! The Texaco cup runners up, that is below the belt, you just had to throw that in didn't you Stan. I surrender.

eric1953
11-02-2014, 05:11 PM
That was sly that Stan. Never thought you would stoop to that level.

paderbornclaret
11-02-2014, 05:33 PM
Can't believe all those Lancs Manx Cup run ins between us counted for nothing...devastated XD

Anglo Jock Deep Fried Mars Bars Cup...winners >;)

thewellernut70
11-02-2014, 10:00 PM
Well at least the OP got Burnleys score correct :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

lotty1
11-02-2014, 10:16 PM
Come on Whatsmore - let's be 'avin you ! XD The mountain you lot have to climb is a tad steeper than ours so you'd better be setting off now !!!!!!!!!:O :P ;)

claret1978
11-02-2014, 10:24 PM
My prob is. i do not think for one min that we are better than you or ba#trads,by no means. all i hope for is that you both know,now you are only an average ch side, like us. no more big heads. No more cash. and it is good for northwest, we will not go up, preston come up, happy days! Really good next season.

damodamo
11-02-2014, 11:46 PM
My prob is. i do not think for one min that we are better than you or ba#trads,by no means. all i hope for is that you both know,now you are only an average ch side, like us. no more big heads. No more cash. and it is good for northwest, we will not go up, preston come up, happy days! Really good next season.

is that you whatsmore ;D

claret1978
12-02-2014, 12:33 AM
no, just somebody being relistic. love burnley but been around long enough to know how we always fall at last hurdle, (bar our win over sheff united)would really hope preston come up. proper season next year.

bwfcforever
12-02-2014, 12:40 AM
Reckon your lads should now make the prem , either automatically , or via the play offs ( always iffy I suppose ) , yr lads have been exceptional all season ( personally I thought the bubble would burst earlier in the season ) however you have to say your form as been brilliant & picked up some very good points , cant see you loosing it now ( injuries aside ) , good luck I say

Eric , another quality post mate

egg_fried_rice
12-02-2014, 04:10 PM
I thought this was going to be a tricky game but we over come it I now think we will get automatic promotion the performance against qpr showed we can mix it with anyone and can grind out results when needed dare to dream clarets. As for Bolton I hope you sort your club out I wish you good luck for rest of the season it's time you stop thinking your a big club your just like the rest of us a championship side that can dare to dream

eric1953
12-02-2014, 05:41 PM
Eggy - Thanks for your best wishes mate, what I have seen recently Burnley will get promoted.

As for us, most of us realise and have done all along that we are just like everyone else, a normal club, enduring the ups and downs.

We also realise that we are in deep ****e .

You just have to enjoy and relish the good times, because there are more bad times than good .

Whatsmore
12-02-2014, 05:51 PM
hats off to the burnley fans on here they beat us but they are not all over here p1ss taking and gloating as would your plastic mancs and Blackburn with daaaaaaaarrrrwen tosssers.well done for lastnight lads but if we had taken our first half chances when you lot looked shaky it could have been different but for us it wasn't to be and our decline is frightening.but for your team goodluck hope you make the promised land and fly the flag for Lancashire and your more illustrious Lancashire neighbours with a far better history BWFC [just joking lads]XD XD XD XD

braindead
13-02-2014, 11:19 AM
Some decent comments on here and it is nice to see a bit of camaraderie being shown between fans.

Believe me, as a Burnley fan for 35 years I have seen a lot more bad times than good, that is why I respect Bolton more than the horse botherers from Blackburn because, like us, you have seen the poor times. You have been in the bottom division and seen a succession of **** chairman making **** decisions and appointing **** managers who sign **** players etc etc etc.

the Bolton attitude, from the outside looking in, seems to be one of resignation, as opposed to the Blackburn plastics who assume they are being hard done to and feel that they have a god given right to be in the Premier League and that the world owes them a favour.

Good luck as I feel it is only a matter of time before you get it right - getting rid of that fat pr1ck Gartside would be a start.

eric1953
13-02-2014, 11:35 AM
Cheers mate, but our problem is that Gartside is Eddie Davies' man. Unless he gets shut of Gartside there is nothing we as supporters can do, apart from not going to the match.

irish_claret
13-02-2014, 06:05 PM
This is meant to make you smile and not to offend (it was sent to me by my Wanderers supporting colleague)

http://i61.tinypic.com/wsphs6.jpg

bwfcforever
13-02-2014, 06:27 PM
;-D

Quality !

JimmyJazz64
13-02-2014, 07:26 PM
XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

****in' brilliant!!!!

eric1953
13-02-2014, 09:01 PM
Brilliant. I hope someone with a bit of " computer nous " can send this all over the place. Two total dickheads.

campo21
13-02-2014, 09:12 PM
Superb should be on the front of the b.e.n

Claretforever
14-02-2014, 06:58 AM
Hi chaps. I really enjoyed this trip to the Reebok. The last game I enjoyed there was in 2000 when we got the equaliser on the opening day just after promotion.

My thought on the game were that although you had a good amount of possession (just a little more than us) I never felt uncomfortable watching the match. You guys looked like your confidence was shot at, and barring the deflection which hit the bar and the header first half, I don't recall you troubling us in our box. You had a few shots from distance.

I thought Burnley closed you down very quickly, which is how we began the season but lost our way in November/December when we thought we were too good to have to do this. We also played accurate balls to feet which helps. Obviously the last 5 minutes were going to be you launching balls into our box but we seemed to cope okay with that, as we have with other sides that have done it; Shacks and Duffer are good in the air.

Looking at your squad, and I know you're critical of y

JimmyJazz64
14-02-2014, 07:15 PM
Team ethic and really hard work got us up there

Therein lies the difference between the two teams and the reason why you are up at the top and we are down at the bottom.

You also have players that haven't played in the Prem and believe that they should still be there, not plying their trade in a league below their obvious god-given talents. You may have ex-Prem players, I'm not sure, but if so, they've bought into the Burnley ethic.

Regarding the attendance, my understanding is that ST holders are counted whether or not they have turned out

Claretforever
14-02-2014, 09:10 PM
Okay JJ, thanks for confirming. From our end it just looked about 1/3 full in the home ends. Based on 28,000 capacity we were saying about 12,000 maximum on. Most were surprised with 16,500 anyway. Perhaps there are a lot staying away at the moment, especially with the weather on Tuesday and lately?

rossendaleareaclaret
17-02-2014, 07:50 PM
We just out classed you SIMPLES

JimmyJazz64
17-02-2014, 08:52 PM
What a surprise...the Burnley Bell End (according to his own fans) makes a re-appearance

bwfcforever
17-02-2014, 08:58 PM
i can ( if required ) do something to prevent :-)

campo21
17-02-2014, 09:02 PM
Get rid of him!

JimmyJazz64
17-02-2014, 09:04 PM
I was gonna be a bit more relaxed about it as nobody ever really responds, but fk it, I'm with campo. Cretins like that are the reason that a number of BWFC posters have disappeared off here

Whatsmore
17-02-2014, 10:01 PM
to be honest jj I think a lot of posters sodded off here shortly after I appeared I realy hope im wrong though,but this board used to be a lot more lively but the wums brought the worst out in me and then it just got very nasty and distatefull.by the time I had my course in anger management and calmed down I think it was to little to late for a lot of good sensible lads that used to come on here.i must admit though I have a rant in me that im struggling to suppress and if it ever comes out I would be banned permanently and suffer police action I would imagine.a snippet of it concerns people with diseased minds trying to change our Christian values and our lovely Bolton taxi drivers I will have to leave it at that and not mention how nice deane road is looking these days>:) >:) >:) >:)

Whatsmore
17-02-2014, 10:04 PM
lee good to see you back posting again you not on here enough mate in my view