PDA

View Full Version : FAO Pentridge - Atmoshere

bluechimes
10-02-2014, 04:41 PM
Pents Taking a more serious look at your comment you and others may be right.

However memories can play tricks. Like a lot of things the old days seem better when in fact they weren't.

I don't think anything can match the atmosphere on the AC Milan night and there have been other occasions when FP has been was rocking just as loud as back in the Good Old Days (and yes I can go back to the early 70's if not as a regular as now)

I think its got something to do with the post Hillsborough effect. Terracing meant those who wanted to stand and sing together easily did so.

These days even in the FE there are significant pockets/sections of those who prefer not to join in.

Its also partly to do with the present position Pompey are in and the performance on the pitch. I do notice the crowd is in good voice to start with but the longer the game goes on without Pompey scoring the anxiety takes over and fans tend to sing less and concentrate more on the action.

BTW - Have you read/heard

Corkhead
10-02-2014, 05:08 PM
Oh What An Atmoshere!
i Love A Party With A Happy Atmoshere,
so Let Me Take You There,
and You And I'll Be Dancin' In The Cool Night Air!

:heart:

bluechimes
10-02-2014, 05:50 PM
Oh what a night
Late September back in 63/73/83/93 et al

Sounds fun Corky :D

Shall I bobble over to the Island or is it a mainland gig you have in mind :?

Dancing shoes and best bib and tucker? XD

Where and when then ?:D

BC

Corkhead
10-02-2014, 06:13 PM
Anywhere with atmoshere babe.

Southerndown
10-02-2014, 06:18 PM
Oh What An Atmoshere!
i Love A Party With A Happy Atmoshere,
so Let Me Take You There,
and You And I'll Be Dancin' In The Cool Night Air!

Isn't that Russ Abbot? One of Pents' favourites I do believe

Corkhead
10-02-2014, 06:22 PM
And I was just creating the right atmoshere with BC when you came clumping in with yer pongy leeks and laver bread.

Yes, it is the great Russ Abbot. Chester's finest.

Southerndown
10-02-2014, 06:25 PM
Oops sorry Corks, the first bottle of Lambrini is on me! :O

Corkhead
10-02-2014, 06:27 PM
Nothing but the best for BC et moi.

Garcon, bring me your finest bottle of Blue Nun. :P

Second thoughts, make that a demi carafe. Finances are a bit squeezed at the mo.

souths1
10-02-2014, 08:56 PM
BC, I know you have little to do with the trust now but who do think own's FP at this present time?

pompeygun
10-02-2014, 09:05 PM
Dont tell him BC. >:)

souths1
10-02-2014, 09:09 PM
Dont tell him BC. >:)

Serious Q gun, heard that PCC actually own FP and that the trust own jacksy.O:)

pompeygun
10-02-2014, 09:34 PM
Who did you get that off, Papa L??XD XD
Total rubbish anyway. PCC loaned Pompey some money to get the deal over the line & it was paid back in IIRC last August.
FP is owned by the HNW's & the PST. Dont believe all you hear from twisted..ahem..people eh.

bluechimes
11-02-2014, 12:12 AM
Oh I'll be nice and put him at ease:D

I am btw now the Assistant Secretary/Deputy or stand in as takes your fancy in the event the Secretary is unable to attend meetings etc.

So not a BM and no voting rights at meetings but am included in some dissemination of information.

More or less spot on PG

FP owned by PCFC the Holding Company that also operates the Club. PST are the major shareholder in PCFC the Presidents collectively being the minor share holder .

The split is currently 54% to 46% but could fluctuate depending on further investments by either party. PST approval is required by Presidents individually or collectively to invest to increase their share holding but they can also invest in PST Shares which then increases PST share holding.

The deal with Stuart Robinson included rights to develop the land and do the deal with Tesco etc in exchange for a loan from which as PG says has been paid back

Stuart Robinson who I have met several times is a life long Toffee but has

lovedeanblue
11-02-2014, 09:53 AM
As always it is informative. :star: :heart:

bluechimes
12-02-2014, 11:04 PM

Second thoughts, make that a demi carafe. Finances are a bit squeezed at the mo.

Great :D

I'll bring some of my special exploding Cider :D

Geoffp swears by it XD XD XD XD XD

BC

:D

geoffp
13-02-2014, 12:19 PM

Great :D

I'll bring some of my special exploding Cider :D

Geoffp swears by it XD XD XD XD XD

BC

:D[/quote]

I think you mean I swear AT it, well Mrs geoffp does, for sure.

Corkhead
13-02-2014, 04:02 PM
I'll bring some of my special exploding Cider :D :D

No, I've gone off the idea. It was OK until SD poked his nose in. Plus the exploding cider. My old lady nearly wiped out the cupboard under the stairs when 4 gallons of home brewed "lager" went nuclear back in the 60s. Frightened me to death. :O

TurktownAnt
15-02-2014, 02:12 AM
The FF click make light of it. Fratton Park is a joke. There is no atmosphere. Those of you that go know that :(

lovedeanblue
15-02-2014, 08:52 AM
The FF click make light of it. Fratton Park is a joke. There is no atmosphere. Those of you that go know that :( Considering the shi*e we have been watching I'm not surprised. Tbh I am amazed the gates have stood up so well. I know a lot of ST holders who are saying they won't renew. I shall though whatever happens to us

bluekriss66
20-02-2014, 11:46 AM
Ant is mostly right...struggle to get any atmosphere going lately after the crap we have watched.LDB i too will renew my ST,its Pompey innit...Corkhead,that Russ Abbott song made me laugh out loud,almost as funny as SD replying "Is it me your'e looking for"when a newcomer intoduced himself on here with a "Hello"...Some great characters on here no doubt about it..( I wish we had a thumbs up icon like TBA have)

nonsuchmike
20-02-2014, 03:03 PM
There are those fans who want to sing and cheer; there are other fans who want to ring a bell all the time; and there are yet a further tranche of fans who want to sit and go "ooh" and "aah" every now and again. All fans follow the action to a greater or lesser degree.

At the penultimate Pompey match I attended in person, I had a seat with other Pompey fans, but spent most of the time stood up with Pompey fans chanting and singing. The last match I visited had to sit and watch from the half way line about half way back amongst the home supporters @ Brentford. Afterwards we were subjected to verbal abuse from a skanky ol' git because we didn't stand up!

On the whole, I think I would prefer to sit and also to sing, with the option of taking in the fineries of the game.

lovedeanblue
20-02-2014, 04:45 PM
I enjoyed the atmosphere our fans created at Wycombe, not the one created at Oxford. What is the difference ? The real fans went to the evening game at Wycombe. Many of those around where I and my son sat at Oxford, went for the drink. I'd better say I don't include Corky, Kitey, Ken and Jim in the latter before they jump down my throat ;D