PDA

View Full Version : Replacement for Kavanagh

Piglet_Phoenix
10-02-2014, 05:48 PM
There's a list of available managers at the bottom of the page via the link...

Anys tickle your fancy? - view external link (http://www.leaguemanagers.com/)

Nevermore666
10-02-2014, 05:57 PM
IS NEIL MCDONALD ON THAT LIST???

Piglet_Phoenix
10-02-2014, 06:00 PM
Names that we should check for availability from that list...

Martin Allen - harshly treated by Gillingham

Dave Jones - we can only ask, again - harshly treated by Sheffield Wednesday.

Tony Mowbray - worth an ask surely?

"So, we are a little bit young and naive at the minute but it is what it is"

This problem needs to be rectified in the manager's office first and foremost.

bluegadge
10-02-2014, 09:01 PM
Pig my problem with the whole sorry mess is

From day one i said replacing Abbo with someone else from the failing regime was bloody crackers. As far as I was concerned GK was partly responsible for the failure under GA...not 100% obviously but blame should be shared amongst the management team.

We had a great opportunity to properly interview or even head hunt the best person for the job...In my opinion playing the %'s you would go for a geezer with a decent track record with league 1+2 experience.

I don't think the board had any intention of conducting a thorough and proper interview process and GK was nailed on for the job.

The BOD are 110% responsible for this continued poor management.
It is some of them who should be sacked simple as.

I mean ffs what does Nixon need to do to get the bullet.
He should offer his resignation pronto

IT'S NOT WORKING -WAKEY WAKEY

glassmaurice
11-02-2014, 11:05 AM
Sorry to be pernickity "bluegadge", but one thing that always gets my goat is people quoting more than 100% for anything.
The BOD may be 100% responsible, but they can never, NEVER be even 1% more than 100% responsible.
End of quiet rant.

bluegadge
11-02-2014, 11:16 AM
Quoting more than the 100% is just emphasising the point that these clowns are useless.

The law of mathematics should be changed so the 110% could be applied to the dried up grapes that are our BOD

In fact 110% is probably letting them off the hook ;D ;-D

MillerforScotland
11-02-2014, 12:22 PM
Surely NO ONE imagines for a second that Nixon will relinquish his position at Brunton Park, as that would surely compromise his F.A. position.

Piglet your first choice replacement Mgr. is ok.
Your second and third?
You MUST be having a laugh??

Wont matter anyway though, will it?

Piglet_Phoenix
11-02-2014, 01:51 PM
Dave Richards was booted out of Sheffield Wednesday, barred from being a company director etc - but still managed to retain his postion of influence within the game. So why not Nixon?

Anyway Saltire, I went on experience and win percentage for Jones and Mowbray - and why shouldn't we approach them?

Both have recently left jobs at tier two clubs, it follows if they want to stay in management they should be willing to step down a level and prove a point. Appointing either would constitute ambition and intent from the owners. Neither of which we've seen at the club since around 2008.

MillerforScotland
11-02-2014, 02:51 PM
Yep. I take your point(s) Tim, but as you've suggested many times previously, isn't the club heading in exactly the direction that our esteemed BoD desires anyway?
Many have slated your "conspiricy theories", but I for one, think you have always been spot on.
We COULD have had a cracking club, if there hadnt always been so many "off field agendas." :blue:

Piglet_Phoenix
11-02-2014, 05:45 PM
Yes, I think my views on the subject are well documented already.

- Downsizing attendances and budget is part of the agenda.
- Whichever division we are in is irrelevant to the owners.
- Kavanagh's brief is not to win football matches - it is to offload players, reduce the wage bill, reduce assets, and not to be successful.

Relegation will suit the owners down the ground. It will mean more cuts in expenditure, lower crowds, lower wage bill. It will bring the threat of administration onto the horizon agenda. This is the point they will raise Blue Yonder once again - it will be mooted as the only way the club can survive.

At the end of the day it's all about cashing in on the ground and giving themselves and their "shadow partner" a healthy pay day. In the meanwhile, their agenda is to spread apathy and disillusionment so when the time comes they will have little or no opposition to their plans. The smaller our crowds, the smaller a new build ground they will have to build...

Piglet_Phoenix
11-02-2014, 05:48 PM
But that's off topic entirely.

The point of the thread is to demonstrate that there are plenty of people out there who could be doing a far better job than Kavanagh.

Who wouldn't want what's best for our club and who, apart from the most ridiculous and pathetic happy clapper, could claim that Kavanagh was the best possible option?

It's never too late to do the right thing, if that's what you really want to do and you have the best interests of the club at heart.

Mad_Mike
11-02-2014, 08:28 PM
There is only one solution bring back greg abbott. He has started to turn county around.

MillerforScotland
11-02-2014, 10:10 PM
I don't see how that was off topic at all.
The thread about sacking Nixon is interesting.
However it would appear to be an unlikely scenario.
After all "custodians" are seldom sacked, are they?

nakedboy
11-02-2014, 10:24 PM
I genuinely think GK is trying to turn things around and intends to change both the style of football and the type of player we have for the better. I certainly can't agree he is part of the overall 'conspiracy'.
There is clearly some funding coming from somewhere which was denied Greg Abbott before.
Tim, the owners you mention are not the owners are they? The owner of the club is well known, he is not a football fan and he is waiting to claim his investment when his directors have moved the club to new premises.

trout47
11-02-2014, 10:52 PM
MR Story by any chance ???

dalmationblue
12-02-2014, 11:28 AM
Mikey, Or Edmo he's certainly turned Barra around 8 wins 2 draw's since he departed Wukiton, Who have'nt won a feckin game since he left.And like Kav he would be a cheap option for the powers that be...:D

Piglet_Phoenix
12-02-2014, 12:50 PM
I wouldn't be opposed to Edmondson, if he had an experienced mentor type figure alongside him.

bluegadge
12-02-2014, 06:36 PM
Ffs piggy I hate it when folk say that.

It's league 1 football Jesus.

Get an experienced manager in first time end of.

All this duplication babysitting a novice league manager is a load of old bollox
If anything it should be the other way around...experienced man in total charge with a younger side kick

goldsmithhadagoodgam
15-02-2014, 12:58 AM
Good to see piglet giving Kav some time then! Also surley it's utter guff to believe this borderline delusional nonsesense that the board wish to lower and downsize our crowds. I would love Carlisle to be as big as Preston/Burnley or even even as big as Norwich/ Ipswitch the fact is if we hit a period of inconsistent form ie reach our level our crowds drop to around 3000 since i've watched Carlisle in 1982 that's been the case, and note that since i started watching CUFC in 82 most of the football i saw was in tier four. I think the BOD have backed Kav. Martin Allen! great manager no doubt however those who usually call any struggling manager a long ball merchant would certainly have to get used to that style. The myth of Neil MacDonald also make me laugh one more season and he would have been thought of as worst than ****e.

HedgehogsTeeth
15-02-2014, 01:28 AM
I've always said that Martin Allen would be a good shout.

The Location might be a problem but he is a winner.

He would be at least as good as Kavanagh I reckon and his post match rants would give him the nod.

Piglet_Phoenix
15-02-2014, 10:39 AM
08/09 - 6267
09/10 - 5228
10/11 - 5207
11/12 - 5249
12/13 - 4302
13/14 - 4246

In the last six seasons at this level our attendances have decreased by a third. What exactly have the owners done to arrest this decline?

We should have been attempting to increase our attendance by 33% not decrease it. And there's no reason at all we couldn't have either retained the supporters or been sitting here with 9000 average crowds - if that's what the club had wanted. Simple fact is that the owners have deliberately chosen to alienate and ignore the views and satisfaction of the supporters while letting the ground fall into disrepair.

This lack of engagement and failure to invest in essential infrastructure has been a deliberate and calculated policy to downsize, there is no other excuse. The whole aim of the owners is to realise a huge payday for themselves and their silent partner when we're booted out of Brunton Park.

The smaller the club at that point, the bigger the take for their retirem

HalpinsleftPeg
15-02-2014, 05:15 PM
PP like I have said, we are dying a slow death at BP. The clubs with a big jump in attendances are the ones who have ambition by building new stadia that brings in off fild revenue, increasing player budget, increasing success and increasing attendances. If Swansea, Hull, etc had done what we have done...nothing! They would be in the same league as us with

MillerforScotland
15-02-2014, 07:51 PM
I'll see your Swansea and Hull and raise you Colchester and Darlo, Chester, and Sc@nthorpe etc.
New grounds have only worked for some teams.
Those with ambution that streches beyond a 10k stadium (Darlo excepted, that was just crackers)

sum_baynton
16-02-2014, 12:36 AM
Having Martin Allen anywhere the club would just put the tin lid on a grim season. One of the thickest people in football. And the really is saying something.

flashinthepan
16-02-2014, 06:34 PM
So then Dim, sorry Tim, how is it that you are so against Kavanagh now. You couldn't stop bleating on how good he was and how the results were all because of him when we won while Greg Abbott was in charge, or have you conveniently forgotten this?

Feel free to offer a response to this, but I highly doubt you will, as your past history of somebody asking you a straight forward question rarely gets a reply from you.

dalmationblue
17-02-2014, 08:35 AM
Jesus Christ, Well he could work miracles...;D

bluegadge
17-02-2014, 08:48 AM
Flash are u sure Piggy was THAT enthusiastic about Kavs results etc??

I don't recall it to be honest and it wouldn't be like Tim to box himself into a corner by giving anyone glowing tributes in case it ever went tits up.

flashinthepan
17-02-2014, 09:14 AM
Yes, bluegadge, Tim was always going on about it. When we lost or had a poor performance it was down to Abbott. The moment we won a game he was creaming himself over the work Kavanagh was doing and the fact the it was him who was basically running the team and not Abbott.

You maybe don't recall this, but I can guarantee he said it.

Maybe he isn't replying because, like you have said, he wouldn't want to box himself into a corner, which he has done.

Piglet_Phoenix
19-02-2014, 07:01 PM
You're living in a fantasy world. Kavanagh was just as much to blame as Abbott for the awful start to the season we had.

Anyway...

I was going to come on here and give him credit for the team he picked last night, dropping Thirlwell, Berrett and Amoo - a bold move. However, he was largely forced into this option through injuries.

Also, once again he blamed Meppen-Walter for the goal we conceded. This is beyond a joke now, Meppen-Walter is not the only player on the pitch responsible for defending - it is a collective responsibility.

If you keep publicly blaming him for making mistakes - he'll end up expecting to make them and it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy. Sometimes you are guilty of seeing what you expect to see.

flashinthepan
19-02-2014, 07:40 PM
Don't be a moron all your life Dim and admit you were a big fan of Kavanagh while Abbott was in charge. I remember you always bleeting on about it.

Keep up with current events. Thirlwell and Berrett were not dropped. They did not play due to being injured. Amoo was rested. Call that dropped if you want, I'm sure you will.

Your obsession regarding GK's comments regarding Meppen-Walter is now getting boring.

Davej
19-02-2014, 07:54 PM
flashinthepan is quite correct for all it matters.

People change their minds all the time as it suits them, even the savants of the board

TheDan
04-03-2014, 09:21 PM
Replacement for Kavanagh?

Are you for real?
They are just not going to replace him. OK?

You really are a bundle of laughs aren't you Piglet?

Whoever is at the helm we can always rely on you to undermine them and slag them off.

Same old Piglet - again and again and again!

Its high time you sorted yourself out mate.

bluegadge
04-03-2014, 09:42 PM
Dan what if he takes us down?

Should he be malleted?

For me my worry is he is way too experienced in running a team and organising the recruitment of players especially with a very low budget. Maybe he is trying to do too much but on balance I think we will come to regret the day we did not employ someone with a half decent track record in management.

I don't blame Kav one bit as I am sure he is trying its the fault of the clueless inept Bod

NewBlueDream
05-03-2014, 07:27 PM
"There is only one solution bring back greg abbott. He has started to turn county around."

What was that you were saying Mad_Mike?

sandpit
06-03-2014, 01:47 PM
Greg had a bit of a run on form with Notts,but that happened here,then it would all gan to pot and off we go again as it were.

Is it much better now,well yes,but not a lot if truth be known,the sooner 'they' get the points in the bag the better,better safe than sorry as the saying goes.

sum_baynton
06-03-2014, 02:59 PM
"he is way too experienced in running a team and organising the recruitment of players especially with a very low budget"

How is being too experienced a problem? Bizarre comment!

If the board had any sense his contract would have been dependent on us staying up.
Kavanagh took over a team where he was able to start an 11 of Gillespie, McSweeney, ohanlon, archibald-henville, Robson, thirlwell, noble, berret. Amoo, Miller, guy , we were only 6 games into the season, he's had a lot of freedom with loans and transfers, if we don't stay up he doesn't deserve to be manager anymore

sandpit
08-03-2014, 06:17 PM
That's another fine mess you got me into.Yep it's Abbott syndrome,all to pot just when you think they will kick on.Err whats up doc.

Port Vale,poor form and what should have been a comfortable draw at minimum and they blew it.