PDA

View Full Version : Petition: Without Fans There Is No Football

Ledgeja
10-02-2014, 08:08 PM
Hi guys,

Coventry City fan here in peace.

In order to bring to light the problem with football governance in our country we are demanding an enquiry by the government into how it came to be that CCFC are playing their matches 35 miles outside the city.

It would be greatly appreciated if you took 30 seconds to sign the petition. Even better if you could share it. If the petition reaches 100,000 signatures it will have to be considered by government.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/59884

I am posting this after hearing of the crazy state of affairs at LUFC recently.

From what I gather, the person fronting the takeover of their club has both previously been convicted of fraud AND once uprooted an Italian club from one side of the country to the other to play out matches in front of 200 spectators.

What with my club also being owned by a private equity firm Ia??m not surprised to hear GFH are going ahead with this sale in their own interests and nobody elsea??s.

I find i

feckwittery
10-02-2014, 08:44 PM
How did Coventry end up in a staduium 35 miles away?

Simple, you didn't own the place and couldn't/can't pay your bills. Government can't do much about your ****e management.

Pointless petition, having said that, c'mon David, tell HRMC (the usual major creditor) to grow some balls and liquidate these ****wits instead of copping out and giving the continued mismanagement a free ****ing ride. Then maybe the rest might ****ing learn.

Not signed.

bluegadge
10-02-2014, 09:13 PM
Feck you total clown

"Pointless". This is our national game ffs

Every sympathy with the Cov fan...must be a total nightmare

Ledgeja
10-02-2014, 10:42 PM
feckwittery, I would suggest you read up on all the facts before making such sweeping statements.

While I agree with your sentiments on careless mismanagement, liquidation doesn't really solve the problem does it?

If we were to continue to allow idiots to run our football clubs, then liquidate them whenever things go wrong we'd have none left!

Piglet_Phoenix
10-02-2014, 11:53 PM
I'm not starting here, just asking, but how many of your supporters did anything to prevent the move from Highfield Road?

These days however, you all have to just accept that there's no saving your club. Coventry City has gone, it's as good as dead. There will be no going back to Coventry. The longer you keep fighting this losing battle, the harder it will be for you all.

You have to start a new club in Coventry, from the bottom of the pyramid. That's the only way you'll get a league club back in Coventry. You need to draw a line and move forward.

Ledgeja
11-02-2014, 11:38 AM
It's very difficult for people to walk away from something that's been such a big part of their lives. I'm sure you can appreciate that.

While there's hope to cling to, people will cling to it. That's inevitable.

It is a big ask but all that's needed is a change of ownership. We have a campaign in place called Not One Penny More - we are abstaining from paying for any club related purchases until the current owners are replaced.

There are plans in place for an AFC Coventry as an alternative but also as a threat to SISU should we need to go down that line.

Re Highfield Road: All nostaligia aside, it was a run down old ground and we were a Premier League club looking to progress. The supporters had no reason to protest against the building of the Ricoh (It was built in the city after all!) We weren't to know the financial implications if it all went wrong either. That came out later.

Piglet_Phoenix
11-02-2014, 01:35 PM
I think the lesson to be learned for supporters everywhere is to accept that the grass is not always greener, that a new stadium does not equal guaranteed success and that full financial exposure must be demanded from club owners over ground moves.

I do agree and appreciate that it's difficult for you to walk away from Coventry City, but you have to face up to the fact that this club is Coventry City no longer. the franchise has moved from Coventry, it will never return. I'm not saying this is a good thing, in fact I think it's both a disgrace and a tragedy. However, you're all going to have to face the reality sooner or later.

I'm not sure you should expect the current owners to sell. Why would they? It's all very well saying "all that's needed is a change of ownership", but this is immeasurably more difficult to facilitate. It will take a lot more than just refraining from putting money into the club.

Good luck in your fight, you'll need it. I still think you'd all be better putti