PDA

View Full Version : Petition: Without Fans there is no Football

Ledgeja
10-02-2014, 08:21 PM
Hi guys,

Coventry City fan here in peace.

In order to bring to light the problem with football governance in our country we are demanding an enquiry by the government into how it came to be that CCFC are playing their matches 35 miles outside the city.

It would be greatly appreciated if you took 30 seconds to sign the petition. Even better if you could share it. If the petition reaches 100,000 signatures it will have to be considered by government.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/59884

I am posting this after hearing of the crazy state of affairs at Leeds United recently.

From what I gather, the person fronting the takeover of their club has both previously been convicted of fraud AND once uprooted an Italian club from one side of the country to the other to play out matches in front of 200 spectators.

What with my club also being owned by a private equity firm Ia??m not surprised to hear GFH are going ahead with this sale in their own interests and nobody else

NEVTHEDEV
10-02-2014, 08:37 PM
Done B)

lestiverton
11-02-2014, 11:22 AM
Petition signed and posted to Facebook, too.

AlexLeicester
11-02-2014, 03:08 PM
I'll sign this because the principle is right, but the whole idea is a lot more complex than one club playing 'home' games 35 miles away in a different town.
Wimbledon became MK Dons and the reverted to Wimbledon all on the whim of a few guys who saw £ signs.

What I think you are looking for is a German-style ownership system where the fans have a say. Sadly this ain't going to happen. Rich people buy clubs as their playthings, and get upset if they can't do what they want. Such as changing the of the club (Hull) and changing the colours (Cardiff).

The problem for some fans is their impetuous, headlong charge towards league success, at the expense of medium and long term survival. They demand that the Board release funds to buy players to bring immediate success, and then whinge when that same Board of businessmen ask for their money back.

I'd like to see the German model introduced, but only among those clubs where there is a rock solid, minimum gate of 10,000 for each home ga