PDA

View Full Version : swann is tinkering...

messiron
12-02-2014, 01:38 AM
the charity site has a weak thread aboot mr swann tinkering with the team.

bull...s.h..t.

mr swann asks why things have been changed,and for what reason.
if the managers reasons dont work out over a period,goodbye.

just remember he put up with mr little at trinity ,got rid of then had success with housham.
got rid of laws and is having success with willcox.
the guy knows how to see through a manager.

angusmecoat
12-02-2014, 09:19 AM
When you say had success, it depends what your definition of success is really. Trinity had a couple of goodish seasons and "nearly" were promoted. If that is what you call success then fair enough! However our previous much maligned chair had us in the championship for three seasons, that's what I call success for the club. So good luck to the naive amongst our fans who are easily impressed, the jury is out for me.
Also who employed Mr Little in the first place at trinity?

fletcher9
12-02-2014, 10:49 AM
I'm not a Wharton hater by any means but luck played a major part of that success. Nobody and that includes Mr Wharton could have guessed what a fine manager Adkins would turn out to be.

Most managerial appointments are made more in hope than belief as even those with great CV's can prove to be bitter disappointments.

All you can wish for from your chairman is reasonable financial backing and a vision for the future. On that basis I can't see how you can knock what Peter Swann has done so far.

BadApple
12-02-2014, 02:58 PM
First new post in four days and we get all three users on it - what are the odds of that?

fletcher9
12-02-2014, 03:21 PM
You mean all four users.

You forgot you're a regular on here too.

Keep up the good work.

750norton
12-02-2014, 11:14 PM
First new post in four days and we get all three users on it - what are the odds of that?

BA getting a bit worried at this rate we will overtake his 21000 posts in about 19 years. guess the odds are quite high if there are only one or two posts a week we will be on those posts.
As for the tinkering you would be shocked if the chairman didn't have a finger in all the pies.

messiron
16-02-2014, 02:08 AM
[quote="angusmecoat" were promoted. If that is what you call success then fair enough! However our previous much maligned chair had us in the championship for three seasons, that's what I call success for the club. So good luck to the naive amongst our fans who are easily impressed, the jury is out for me.
Also who employed Mr Little in the first place at trinity?[/quote]

and who put laws in the last time.
swanny has seen it all before with little.

people living on the past.

angusmecoat
16-02-2014, 11:00 AM
and who put laws in the last time.
swanny has seen it all before with little.

people living on the past.

I agree its a good start for MR Swann, I hope he can match what the club did with Mr Wharton. 3 out of five seasons in the Chapionship, I suspect that will take some doing, I dont really subscribe to the view that all that happened by accident, I know its an unpopular point of view.