PDA

View Full Version : MAF ?

CharloBaggies
17-02-2014, 01:07 PM
Alright Wiganers.

How is he doing for you , what are you`re thoughts on him thus far ?

Good , Bad , Indifferent ?

Lovely work in the FA Cup again.:D

boyceeeunderrated
17-02-2014, 04:02 PM
i like him great hold up play and works hard and getting a few goals
Alright Wiganers.

How is he doing for you , what are you`re thoughts on him thus far ?

Good , Bad , Indifferent ?

Lovely work in the FA Cup again.:D

WhoRYa
17-02-2014, 04:19 PM
Indifferent to me - a plus point is that he's far more suited to the lone striker role than Grant Holt ever was or will be, but on the downside that wouldn't be hard
Another downside is that he hasn't scored enough & he tends to want to blast the ball goalwards rather than use a bit of thought - for example he really should have scored at home to Rubin Kazan & away to Maribor in the Europa League but just leathered it when a more composed & considered finish would have seen him score & Latics go through
Another negative is that when I saw him early on in the season he hand a tendency to be a bit theatrical in the box when anyone so much as farted in his direction. This meant that when i felt he was genuinely fouled in the area later in the game the ref turned the appeals down coz they thought he was milking it. On the plus side though he doesn't appear to be doing that as much under Rosler

CharloBaggies
17-02-2014, 04:37 PM
Indifferent to me - a plus point is that he's far more suited to the lone striker role than Grant Holt ever was or will be, but on the downside that wouldn't be hard
Another downside is that he hasn't scored enough & he tends to want to blast the ball goalwards rather than use a bit of thought - for example he really should have scored at home to Rubin Kazan & away to Maribor in the Europa League but just leathered it when a more composed & considered finish would have seen him score & Latics go through
Another negative is that when I saw him early on in the season he hand a tendency to be a bit theatrical in the box when anyone so much as farted in his direction. This meant that when i felt he was genuinely fouled in the area later in the game the ref turned the appeals down coz they thought he was milking it. On the plus side though he doesn't appear to be doing that as much under Rosler

Couple of questions.

You mention about the

Ihaventaclue
17-02-2014, 04:48 PM
He seems pretty keen to me, and wants to get involved rather than hang around for the ball to get to him. But he seems to know even less about the offside rule than I do. He's blinkin' well offside all the time, and because the refs hate us, he's offside even when he isn't or he's in our own half! At Cardiff I wanted him win a few more aerial balls, you know - those punts up field from Ali, or other defenders, but there was a wind that was making things a bit confusing, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt - that's good of me, eh?

WhoRYa
18-02-2014, 11:00 AM
Couple of questions.

You mention about the theatrics and the fact Rosler seems to have ironed these out some what , that aside in terms of MAF`S match day performances have they improved under Rosler as opposed to when Coyle was in charge , or is that splitting hairs ?

Also , are you using him solely as a target man or has he been played out in wide positions ?
What`s the rub with Rosler using him on that front ?

I would say that his performances have improved under Coyle but so have everybody's to be fair. he did also spend a fair bit of time under Coyle out injured.
He's been used solely (as far as I can remember) by both managers as a target man.

It's difficult to say whether he would get better & better given a run of games coz Rosler changes his starting line up more often than I change my socks

Webbs21
19-02-2014, 02:02 PM
I rate him enormously.

He's attitude is fantastic. He provides a varied threat, you can play the ball short to him, in the air, and in behind. Good workrate, strong as an ox, still has some pace. You can see that its goal return that had held him back in terms of getting to the top.

I think he is a superb player for us. I wish we had signed him 3 years ago, as in my opinion he is better than Rodallega, Di Santo, and Kone.

boyceeeunderrated
19-02-2014, 03:10 PM
better than kone that's debatable :?
I rate him enormously.

He's attitude is fantastic. He provides a varied threat, you can play the ball short to him, in the air, and in behind. Good workrate, strong as an ox, still has some pace. You can see that its goal return that had held him back in terms of getting to the top.

I think he is a superb player for us. I wish we had signed him 3 years ago, as in my opinion he is better than Rodallega, Di Santo, and Kone.