PDA

View Full Version : Where do you supermarket shop

av4ever
18-02-2014, 02:43 PM
I have mine delivered by Ocado I've tried them all and for price and quality Ocado wins hands down plus the range they have is twice as big as any of the other stores.
worse were asda, then tesco then sainsburys.

After taking into account the cost of petrol and time physically going to the shop I worked out for me it's cheaper to have it delivered not to mention wear and tear on the vehicle.

Exiledvillan
18-02-2014, 03:02 PM
Bargain Booze or the end aisle in Lidl mate, well worth the wear n tear. :) .

MissWinnie
18-02-2014, 03:18 PM
I buy my supermarket staples online from Tesco and get them delivered. No other reason than they are the nearest to me. Haven't tried any others, but no problems, and really friendly, helpful delivery drivers.

I also get a box of organic fruit and veggies delivered most weeks which is sourced from various local farmers.

I really hate shopping, so it suits me, Generally only tend to get tempted into local bakeries - due the waft of freshly baked bread hitting me ... yum ...

av4ever
18-02-2014, 03:34 PM
MW

You are probably happy with tesco but if you have 5 mins take a look at the ocado website it's so user friendly and they price match tesco so if they come in more expensive than tesco they give you back the difference also their organic range is second to non.

EV... have a drink for me ;D

MissWinnie
18-02-2014, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the advice, AV. I'll definitely have a look - just laziness keeping me sucked in. Just too easy to click on 'my usuals' and be pretty much done! :)

To be honest, although I get good service, I don't really like Tesco as a brand, mainly because of the way they treat farmers, (which is principally why I buy most of my veggies etc separately, as it means they are getting most of the money). I'm not convinced other supermarkets are much better on that front, however. Otherwise, I would change ...