PDA

View Full Version : Ben Watson

Les_bradds_lad
19-02-2014, 12:09 AM
He has broken his right leg :blue: :blue:

ladbroke8
19-02-2014, 09:12 AM
twice in 2 seasons. hes been playing well. maybe with maynard and waghorn playing well powell can drop deeper or there is mcarthur and espinoza that can play.

feel bad for ben

guzss
19-02-2014, 01:51 PM
twice in 2 seasons. hes been playing well. maybe with maynard and waghorn playing well powell can drop deeper or there is mcarthur and espinoza that can play.

feel bad for ben

Gutted for Ben, he has really started to impose himself more in recent weeks.

Josh Mc is the obvious "like for like" replacement

Les_bradds_lad
19-02-2014, 03:25 PM
from club website

"The club can now confirm that there is a double fracture to the fibula and tibia bone in Watsona??s right leg and he will undergo surgery as soon as possible. It is the same leg which he broke in a match at Liverpool in November 2012, but not in the same place and is not considered career-threatening."

TheFlasher
19-02-2014, 04:20 PM
He never signed that contract extension, right? Talk about bad luck.

Wonder what happens when the season ends and he still needs treatment.

grumpster
19-02-2014, 04:22 PM
ont bright side we met get a betterer corner takerer :(

Nobrot
19-02-2014, 05:03 PM
What a ridiculous comment !!!

grumpster
19-02-2014, 05:28 PM
What a ridiculous comment !!!

which comment?

billboy1949
19-02-2014, 06:05 PM
ont bright side we met get a betterer corner takerer

Typical comment from a brain dead. Show some fecking respect

grumpster
19-02-2014, 06:10 PM

Typical comment from a brain dead. Show some fecking respect

brain dead... ah I see, respect. prick

Les_bradds_lad
19-02-2014, 06:25 PM
The full statement reads as follows

Wigan Athletic can confirm the news that midfielder Ben Watson has broken his leg following an accidental collision during last nighta€™s 2-0 Sky Bet Championship victory over Barnsley and is likely to miss the remainder of the season.

The incident came in the 15th minute, when he went in for a 50-50 tackle with Barnsleya€™s Martin Woods. Following lengthy treatment on the pitch, he was carried off the field on a stretcher and immediately taken to Wigan Infirmary.

Latics manager Uwe Rosler said directly after the match that he did not wish to speculate until the full extent of the injury was known.

The club can now confirm that there is a double fracture to the fibula and tibia bone in Watsona€™s right leg and he will undergo surgery as soon as possible. It is the same leg which he broke in a match at Liverpool in November 2012, but not in the same place and is not considered career-threatening.

Rosler said: a€œUntil everything was confirmed, w

Ihaventaclue
19-02-2014, 06:36 PM
This is a mighty big blow - he was playing really well and so far goes in for goal of the season, with his stunner at Cardiff.

I predict he'll be back for the FA Cup final and come on as sub, maybe with crutches or with a plaster on ...

... and he'll score.

Captain_Methven
19-02-2014, 07:14 PM

I was going to post that no doubt it would make some happy, makes you wonder what some people think it is to support a football team.

ruthyn
19-02-2014, 08:01 PM
Barnsley fan here, everyone in a Red shirt last night was gutted for Watson, terrific player, we all hope he can recover from this and eventually retake the field.
Good luck Ben

jocklatic
19-02-2014, 08:32 PM

I was going to post that no doubt it would make some happy, makes you wonder what some people think it is to support a football team.[/quote]

Capt
So sad if any of our so called supporters were 'happy' with Watson's injury regardless of what you think of the player. I hang my head in shame as a month or so ago i posted 'bad day at the office for Watson'. During that match i thought he didn't warrant 1st team & a squad player at best. However since then he has had a fair few good games despite the odd dodgy corner & been the fulcrum of the midfield. I was also looking forward to him playing against schity in the cup & possibly nicking it yet again - what would the odds have been on that?????

Just have to wish him a speedy recovery & hope he's back playing for us soon.

Les_bradds_lad
19-02-2014, 08:34 PM
well said that man

billboy1949
19-02-2014, 09:50 PM

I was going to post that no doubt it would make some happy, makes you wonder what some people think it is to support a football team.
Capt
So sad if any of our so called supporters were 'happy' with Watson's injury regardless of what you think of the player. I hang my head in shame as a month or so ago i posted 'bad day at the office for Watson'. During that match i thought he didn't warrant 1st team & a squad player at best. However since then he has had a fair few good games despite the odd dodgy corner & been the fulcrum of the midfield. I was also looking forward to him playing against schity in the cup & possibly nicking it yet again - what would the odds have been on that?????

Well said and spoken like atrue supporter.

jocklatic
19-02-2014, 10:03 PM

Capt

Well said and spoken like atrue supporter.

Why thank you sir B)

Captain_Methven
20-02-2014, 12:29 PM
Capt
So sad if any of our so called supporters were 'happy' with Watson's injury regardless of what you think of the player.

Sad but I'm betting it's true, I'm thinking some would be happy if Gomez was injured, you only have to look at the abuse some of our lot get from some of our so called fans.

fozzy66
20-02-2014, 01:59 PM
Keep yer chin up Super Ben

Forever etched in Wigan's History as a hero.

As much as you love playing, We Love watching you play.

Get well and get back soon mate.