PDA

View Full Version : Fans Forum Notes.

Woking88
20-02-2014, 08:36 PM
A very interesting insight into what goes on:- - view external link (http://tinyurl.com/nbhk8n6)

wolves71
20-02-2014, 09:06 PM
A good read and in particular Kevin Thelwell talking about his role, the academy and also his praise of Jack Price. Praise given for the players that have come to the club this season, proper checks done on them and rightly so.

I had to laugh at the cheek of one question asked regarding away season ticket holders and doing away with the booking fee. They don't want a lot do they XD.

The LED boards to be used as scoreboards from next season. Pity they couldn't do away with eye sore video screens.

Woking88
21-02-2014, 10:14 AM
Yes Gav, Wolves now have a system and Kenny also works to a system. The two seem to 'dovetail' in very well. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I do find it strange when some write off his chances of being a success at a higher level. They may be right, but he seems as well equipped as any to be an emerging success story.

greystone16
21-02-2014, 11:36 AM
It will be interesting to see how many take the trouble to read this most interesting report.

nortonwolf
21-02-2014, 11:53 AM
It will be interesting to see how many take the trouble to read this most interesting report.

I agree, its well worth a read a good insight into the working relationship between Thelwell and KJ, and on the clubs direction.

Woking88
21-02-2014, 01:23 PM

This is the problem, Greystone. There is a lot of material available to educate us on what is happening at Wolves. I am not getting at anyone in particular when I say this, but I am frequently amazed at some of the senseless, clueless and uninformed garbage spouted by so-called Wolves fans - never more so than on the official Wolves blog on matchdays.

I have loved the Wolves for 58 years and, as such, I believe I should have a fair knowledge of the facts. My grandson is a Wolves fan and he understands the importance of knowing the history of the club off-field as well as on it.

Who can put forward fact-based reasons why Kenny could not be a success at a higher level. Gut-feel is not a fact-based reason! :/

wolves71
21-02-2014, 02:41 PM
Yes Gav, Wolves now have a system and Kenny also works to a system. The two seem to 'dovetail' in very well. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I do find it strange when some write off his chances of being a success at a higher level. They may be right, but he seems as well equipped as any to be an emerging success story.

Who knows how the future will turn out? Jackett has done well so far and so has the team he has assembled. One thing that cannot be predicted, is how Wolves cope if they do get promoted. People on forums offer an opinion, and it's their opinion.

Before Jackett took over, i already knew of his success with Swansea and also his times at Millwall and Watford.

I think it's best if others are allowed to form an opinion on the article in the link.

Woking88
21-02-2014, 03:15 PM

Who knows how the future will turn out? Jackett has done well so far and so has the team he has assembled. One thing that cannot be predicted, is how Wolves cope if they do get promoted. People on forums offer an opinion, and it's their opinion.

Before Jackett took over, i already knew of his success with Swansea and also his times at Millwall and Watford.

I think it's best if others are allowed to form an opinion on the article in the link.[/quote]

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion, Gav and I am not challenging that. In short, all I am ask

Evewolf65
21-02-2014, 03:17 PM

This is the problem, Greystone. There is a lot of material available to educate us on what is happening at Wolves. I am not getting at anyone in particular when I say this, but I am frequently amazed at some of the senseless, clueless and uninformed garbage spouted by so-called Wolves fans - never more so than on the official Wolves blog on matchdays.

I have loved the Wolves for 58 years and, as such, I believe I should have a fair knowledge of the facts. My grandson is a Wolves fan and he understands the importance of knowing the history of the club off-field as well as on it.

Who can put forward fact-based reasons why Kenny could not be a success at a higher level. Gut-feel is not a fact-based reason! :/[/quote]

I know you are a big Kenny Jackett fan Wokes but some people have

wolves71
21-02-2014, 03:41 PM

I think it's best if others are allowed to form an opinion on the article in the link.[/quote]

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion, Gav and I am

Woking88
21-02-2014, 03:42 PM
Eve, the article was a fairly detailed insight about what is happening at Wolves. IMHO it shows that much diligence and time is being invested into getting it right and backs up the message with the facts. Again IMHO, it illustrates that we have a quality manager who employs techniques that have made top managers successful.

Who knows what his limits are, but I have read enough books by successful managers to know that he is on the right track at present.

You don't think he has what it takes to manage at the highest level. I don't know the answer to that one, just that he is pointed in the right direction and has not faltered so far!

wolves71
21-02-2014, 03:50 PM
Here's a question, should everything that is in a book, an article or an interview from someone at Wolves or connected to Wolves always be believed?

In my opinion, most of the time, but there's always more than one way of a club, a person, a fan/supporter of getting their point across. I'm impressed and have taken on board what is in the link in post 1, but time will tell on how the club progress.

Evewolf65
21-02-2014, 04:10 PM
Eve, the article was a fairly detailed insight about what is happening at Wolves. IMHO it shows that much diligence and time is being invested into getting it right and backs up the message with the facts. Again IMHO, it illustrates that we have a quality manager who employs techniques that have made top managers successful.

Who knows what his limits are, but I have read enough books by successful managers to know that he is on the right track at present.

You don't think he has what it takes to manage at the highest level. I don't know the answer to that one, just that he is pointed in the right direction and has not faltered so far!

We don't have a Manager Wokes we have our first Head Coach and he was employed into the current coaching structure he did not set it up! The techniques he employs are a product of a three way team that includes the input of Kevin Thelwell reading books by successful managers from the past at diff

Woking88
21-02-2014, 04:48 PM

We don't have a Manager Wokes we have our first Head Coach and he was employed into the current coaching structure he did not set it up! The techniques he employs are a product of a three way team that includes the input of Kevin Thelwell reading boo

Evewolf65
21-02-2014, 04:51 PM

We don't have a Manager Wokes we have our first Head Coach and he was employed into the current coaching structure he did not set it up! The techniques he employs are a product of a three way team that in

Woking88
21-02-2014, 05:19 PM
Sounds good to me Eve. just as well it didn't go to a penalty shoot-out, I never was very good at those! :D