PDA

View Full Version : wayne rooney..

boyceeeunderrated
21-02-2014, 08:57 PM
to pay this overrated bad attitude player 300k a week is just disgusting in my eyes

BenandDad
22-02-2014, 10:16 AM
The whole thing is mad , I don't hate the rugby like some on here but by the same token cannot really get into it . Even so the whole thing makes more sense .
Similar crowds also on Sky (to a lesser extent )They earn good money and thats only fair but its gone crazy
Follow the link below and sit there for 30 seconds - view external link (http://www.salary-money.com/wayne-rooney-salary-euro-500000.php#.Uwh4MWJ_vKg)

Fifelatic
22-02-2014, 11:13 AM
These level of wages cannot be justified under any circumstances. How can we feel connected to our football clubs when one player can earn in a month more than many fans will earn in a life time. The old cliche 'football is about the fans' is meaningless in these circumstances. I feel disgusted that a society that tolerates mass unemployment, children living in varying degrees of poverty and the withdrawal of services to the most vulnerable can, at the same time, tolerate a football club paying 300k a week for a wee guy to kick a ball around a field.

Totally disgusted; I think some fans are likely to drift to non-league or amateur football. I just cannot make sense of it all.

LeeKoo
23-02-2014, 01:06 PM
Barack Obama, gets paid £240k a week.

Wayne Rooney, gets paid £300k a week.

One runs the U.S.A. the other can't count to 10.

Ihaventaclue
23-02-2014, 01:46 PM
These level of wages cannot be justified under any circumstances. How can we feel connected to our football clubs when one player can earn in a month more than many fans will earn in a life time. The old cliche 'football is about the fans' is meaningless in these circumstances. I feel disgusted that a society that tolerates mass unemployment, children living in varying degrees of poverty and the withdrawal of services to the most vulnerable can, at the same time, tolerate a football club paying 300k a week for a wee guy to kick a ball around a field.

Totally disgusted; I think some fans are likely to drift to non-league or amateur football. I just cannot make sense of it all.

TOTALLY TOTALLY agree. The only saving grace is that he does give some of it to good worthy causes and charities. How much, I don't know.

What this country needs is a high tax bracket - say 80% - for the super rich. Footballers, bankers (who nearly bring

jocklatic
23-02-2014, 01:55 PM

TOTALLY TOTALLY agree. The only saving grace is that he does give some of it to good worthy causes and charities. How much, I don't know.

What this country needs is a high tax bracket - say 80% - for the s

Les_bradds_lad
23-02-2014, 02:08 PM
Front page of yesterdays Sun newspaper full length coverage of a obese lady on benefits about spending money on takeaways to the side a small column about 450 millionaires including that Moyles who have avoided 120 million in tax sought of sums this country up not to mention the media lapping up shreks stupid pay rise :blue: :blue:

italia
23-02-2014, 02:11 PM
summed it all up basically ! if the xxxxers, etc aren t happy and will be 'driven away ' let em go; 'wealth creators ' my ****'

jocklatic
23-02-2014, 02:25 PM
Front page of yesterdays Sun newspaper full length coverage of a obese lady on benefits about spending money on takeaways to the side a small column about 450 millionaires including that Moyles who have avoided 120 million in tax sought of sums this country up not to mention the media lapping up shreks stupid pay rise :blue: :blue:

Les
Def agree , gives the sun etc easy pages to fill front & back with Shreks wages & the stupid comments on what that amount of money can buy. As i said it's just a pity we as working class tax payers couldn't muster up some form of campaign to boycott footy for a few games just to show our disgust - say a ' Go to a Non league game this weekend & b@lloxs to feeding the overpaid pro players' - ridiculously long title i know but i'm sure some savvy person could come up with a good strapline or title :blue: :blue:

italia
23-02-2014, 04:55 PM
cancel 'sky subs' 'cos remember , footie only started in 1992

asb
24-02-2014, 09:53 AM
cancel 'sky subs' 'cos remember , footie only started in 1992

Exactly, that is why i do not subscribe to SKY television.
That is the only way to stop it.

WhoRYa
24-02-2014, 10:55 AM
If a club has the money to be able to afford those types of wages - whether it be A?300k a week to Rooney or A?20k a week to a player lower down the system, then as a fan I would rather the money went to the players than a club owner.
In an ideal world, those clubs would use this money to reduce admission costs but on the flip side, us paying punters want to see our teams competing & want to see the best possible players brought in - if that doesn't happen we will stamp our feet & whinge that the owner of the club is pocketing the cash & not investing in the future of the club. Pretty much like the originator of this thread does on a regular basis when Latics don't spend A?10mill on the likes of Jordan Rhodes.

So a top flight club either uses the Sky money that is sloshing round to bolster its squad to be successful/survive in the top flight by paying more than other clubs are prepared to for a particular player, or they use that money to reduce admission prices, whilst the quality fo