PDA

View Full Version : fa cup 'quarters'

italia
23-02-2014, 05:13 PM
I have 'e-mailed' 'itv' to help them not show 'wigan' in the f a cup ! 1) give 'citeh' a 'bye'; all play in 'sky-blue' [ would that confuse Mr Chiles ?, 3) Play in separate grounds and allow 'citeh' to win 3578577654346788 nil ! 4) assume Cardiff progressed ! Any further ideas ? For those who will once again reply 'drivel' glad you're not with me defending/promoting my team; you have another 91 from which to choose

WhoRYa
23-02-2014, 06:27 PM
It's not about drivel or not defending/promoting your team - it's called accepting the fact that ITV are a private, commercial television station whose only duty is maximise profit by choosing programmes that bring in the most viewers so they can sell advertising space for the most money.
Like it or not, showing Latics FA Cup games against MK Dons, Crystal Palace & Cardiff would not have done that. Likewise with their choice in semi-final coverage.
It may hurt you & it may piss you off but that's the reality I'm afraid & complaining to ITV every time they don't show us comes over not as defending/promoting your team but being bitter & twisted.
And I'm very happy with my choice of team thanks

jocklatic
23-02-2014, 06:47 PM
I have 'e-mailed' 'itv' to help them not show 'wigan' in the f a cup ! 1) give 'citeh' a 'bye'; all play in 'sky-blue' [ would that confuse Mr Chiles ?, 3) Play in separate grounds and allow 'citeh' to win 3578577654346788 nil ! 4) assume Cardiff progressed ! Any further ideas ? For those who will once again reply 'drivel' glad you're not with me defending/promoting my team; you have another 91 from which to choose

Italia
As Whoray already stated it's all about the amount of advertising ITV can sell , they're also competing with the likes of Sky n BT Sport & lastly it's probably only us Latic fans that like watching us with the odd footy fans wanting to see us the underdogs win who they may attract??? They weren't that keen on us when we were in the 'Greed League'(prem) so even less keen now were in Championship ;D ;D

Les_bradds_lad
23-02-2014, 06:51 PM
ITV lose the rights to the FA Cup and Champions league and Europa league I think for the start of the 2015 season all moving to BT sports

jocklatic
23-02-2014, 06:59 PM
ITV lose the rights to the FA Cup and Champions league and Europa league I think for the start of the 2015 season all moving to BT sports

The quicker BT Sport n Sky f@@k off to the Bundesliga or La Liga then the better - it might just even things out a little more with all the money grabbing mercenaries following the filthy lucre / dodgy duetchemark or whatever currency is paying the most.

italia
23-02-2014, 07:16 PM
seem to be a tadge short of 'ideas', as requested; in exams I was always taught to read the 'info' and answer appropriately ! 'bitter and twisted' ? had west ham /qpr been in our position would this have happened

jocklatic
23-02-2014, 07:58 PM
seem to be a tadge short of 'ideas', as requested; in exams I was always taught to read the 'info' and answer appropriately ! 'bitter and twisted' ? had west ham /qpr been in our position would this have happened

Ital
'info read' but i was also thought you could give an opinion on peoples posts - perish the thought that it could be a discussions board;D ;D

WhoRYa
23-02-2014, 08:36 PM

Maybe, maybe not, but like it or not (again) both West Ham & QPR have a larger fanbase & more appeal to the wider football following public than Latics do

italia
24-02-2014, 05:16 PM
i have decided to re visit your comments from yesterday and would like to make the following 2 points ; in all honesty, along with others with whom I have chatted, about being overlooked on itv so far , no one but yourself had raised the 'commercial' aspect ! We all , only saw the 'litte wigan' thing. 'Spot on' I would do the same myself [ although , and I haven t checked yet, didn't Everton feature against Stevenage ? ] 10/10 ! Secondly , and not football related, I wasn't impressed with your judgemental/condescending 'character appraisal ' of 'toy thrower'/ 'bitter and twisted' 0/10. Thank you 1

WhoRYa
25-02-2014, 08:55 AM
Secondly , and not football related, I wasn't impressed with your judgemental/condescending 'character appraisal ' of 'toy thrower'/ 'bitter and twisted' 0/10. Thank you 1

At the risk of offending you again Italia, to me your post did come across as a bit bitter & twisted. That's not to say that you are/were but that is how the post came acorss to me.
Secondly, if you end your original post with words to the effect that "if you don't agree with me then go & support 1 of the other 91 clubs coz Latics don't need that kind of support" then in all honesty you don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to complaining about people being judgemental/condescending character appraisal of 'toy thrower/bitter & twisted'
Like I said, no offence but try & think about what you type about others before complaining about what they type about you

Les_bradds_lad
27-02-2014, 11:40 AM
The club wish to remind season ticket holders that today is the final chance to purchase tickets for next weekenda??s FA Cup Quarter Final against Manchester City before any remaining tickets go on general sale.

There are currently less than 1,000 tickets left of the cluba??s allocation.

Should any tickets remain at the end of today, they will go on general sale to buyers with a previous purchasing history at the DW Stadium, from 9.00am, tomorrow, Friday 28 February.

Les_bradds_lad
28-02-2014, 12:37 PM
Tickets for the Quarter-final at Manchester City sell out after one hour of general sale

The remaining tickets for Wigan Athletic's Quarter-Final tie at Manchester City in the FA Cup with Budweiser have all now completely sold out.

The final 500 tickets were release for general sale at 9.00am this morning to personal callers at the ticket office and were sold before midday.

3,750 Wigan Athletic supporters will travel to the Etihad Stadium next Sunday which has delighted manager Uwe Rosler who said:

a€œI have been impressed by the support the fans have given me and the team since I arrived at the club both home and away and the following that we will have at the game will be one of our largest ever away support in our history.

"It really does illustrate how important the FA Cup is to Wigan Athletic supporters.a€