PDA

View Full Version : Strikers,You 'avin a Larf!!

Evewolf65
23-02-2014, 05:59 PM
I know this is third division football and all but when does everybody think we may have to play with a striker again to actually pose an attacking threat??

Evewolf65
23-02-2014, 06:54 PM
I know this is third division football and all but when does everybody think we may have to play with a striker again to actually pose an attacking threat??

Nobody?? surely if we get promoted we might need a strike force? won't we??

Woking88
23-02-2014, 07:14 PM

Oh goody - a competition!

I'll go for 16th October 2014! ;D

Evewolf65
23-02-2014, 07:30 PM

I'll go for 16th October 2014! ;D[/quote]

YEP Another competition Wokes!
Spot the Tw4t ohh what a surprise its you again!!

I'LL get me coat!

Mr.D
23-02-2014, 07:39 PM

Spot the Tw4t ohh what a surprise its you again!![/quote]it's a shame the like button doesn't work XD
But I do agree we are very short of goal scoring forwards. Most of us though KJ had addressed this problem in January but obviously not.

wolves71
23-02-2014, 08:14 PM
I think at this moment in time, the midfield are contributing goals. There is plenty of creativity in there and also the players can mix it up if need be. Dicko is leading the line well and offers a lot more to the side than what Griffiths did in terms of build up play and also contributing with the odd goal.

TundraWolf
23-02-2014, 08:38 PM
How about the gob-spitting, oft injured Fletcher? He knows how to take a team from one league to the next, we just have to teach him how to do it the opposite way to what he has been accustomed to.

Woking88
23-02-2014, 08:40 PM

I'LL get me coat![/quote]

1-1 Eve. You aren't the only one that can be stupid and obtuse. Just wanted you to feel at home! ;D

Woking88
23-02-2014, 08:47 PM
To answer your question, it will be interesting to see how Clarke will be accommodated into the team when he is fit. Dicko and Clarke should be a potent strike force, but I think it would be folly to change the team that beat Brentford until it is necessary.

Evewolf65
23-02-2014, 08:48 PM

1-1 Eve. You aren't the only one that can be stupid and obtuse. Just wanted you to feel at home! ;D[/quote]

It ain't even a competition Wokes You are Plastic and will all ways be !!

Woking88
23-02-2014, 09:28 PM

1-1 Eve. You aren't the only one that can be stupid and obtuse. Just wanted you to feel at home! ;D[/quote]

It ain't even a competition Wokes You are Plastic and will all ways be !![/quote]

Like the man said on the Bennies site - you can dish it out but can't take it. Until you are appointed the official club arbiter on who and what constitutes a fan, your opinion on the subject doesn't count a jot! XD

Evewolf65
23-02-2014, 09:42 PM

It ain't even a competition Wokes You are Plastic and will all ways be !![/quote]

Like the man said on the Bennies site - you can dish it out but can't take it. Until you are appointed the official club arbiter on who and what constitutes a fan, your opinio

Woking88
23-02-2014, 09:47 PM
They were right - you can't take it can you? XD

Evewolf65
23-02-2014, 09:54 PM
Read what you want I've dished it out over there and taken it and you haven't
you are plastic and always will be and YOU know that!!

Woking88
24-02-2014, 08:40 AM
Read what you want I've dished it out over there and taken it and you haven't
you are plastic and always will be and YOU know that!!

I refuse to be drawn into a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent!

greystone16
24-02-2014, 11:11 AM
Well some we got rid of aren't doing too badly,Sam Vokes 17, Sam Winnall 15, Leigh Griffiths 14 (13 for us) Leon Clark 13 but non for us yet,David Connolly remember him banging in a few and he must be almost drawing his pension.Still as long as they're going in from others I'm not too bothered.

Woking88
24-02-2014, 11:14 AM
Well some we got rid of aren't doing too badly,Sam Vokes 17, Sam Winnall 15, Leigh Griffiths 14 (13 for us) Leon Clark 13 but non for us yet,David Connolly remember him banging in a few and he must be almost drawing his pension.Still as long as they're going in from others I'm not too bothered.

Quite so, Greystone. Even Jarvis got one on Saturday, I'm pleased to see! :)

wolves71
24-02-2014, 03:03 PM
A head coach/manager can only pick from a squad. Certain players don't fit into these plans and move on, it's part and parcel of the game. The current head coach is doing a great job and so are those working in the back ground to do proper checks on potential transfer targets.