PDA

View Full Version : Sir Tom Finney

AlsagerCrewie
23-02-2014, 09:14 PM
First things first; wonderful atmosphere in the away end yesterday, i'm sure everyone will agree. Fans were vocal and backed the lads throughout (although to be fair it's much easier to back the lads when we're winning for 75 of the 90 minutes ;D )
Also, perhaps some of you will tell me to **** off moaning.
But during the one minutes applause for Sir Tom Finney a chorus of blue moon broke out amongst *SOME* alex fans. I didn't join in and found it disrespectful.. if we were going to sing anything at all, why not "there's only one Tom Finney" or such like..
We had the rest of the game to sing any alex song we liked, but that one minute should have been dedicated entirely to Sir Tom.

TwiceInABlueMoon
23-02-2014, 09:20 PM
I agree with you AC. However in the Crewe fans defence; the stadium announcer wasn't very clear (I didn't hear him anyway) about what was about to happen (the minutes applause). Maybe that had something to do with peoples continued chanting?

Crewe fans have always been respectful of these sorts of things in the past. I will always remember the lovely send off for Bobby Robson, a few years back.

AlsagerCrewie
23-02-2014, 10:21 PM
That's a good point. Didn't realise what was happening myself until a mate explained just before the whistle to start it!

alexbarmy
23-02-2014, 10:23 PM
Whilst I did not sing, I did not have a clue who the applause was for as the PA was pathetic.

It could be argued it matters not who it was for, but if you were just arriving at the back of the stand it would not have been clear what was going on.

slewis
23-02-2014, 10:36 PM
Yes it wasn't clear from the p a what was going on.Wasn't expecting it anyway,as didn't all clubs do it the previous Saturday?