PDA

View Full Version : Hoofball is alive and well in Burslem

whosbrianwilson
24-02-2014, 10:09 AM
Neal to Dickinson, Dickinson hoooooooooooof diagonally upfield to Pope.

Time after bloody time.

And they wonder why the crowds aren't flocking to watch.

RenegadeDS
24-02-2014, 10:49 AM
And then they haven't got anybody bothered to go after the ones that Pope actually does win. Absolute garbage, the stuff we were playing when we were getting hammered every week was better than what Vale served up on Saturday.

valefaninpeace
24-02-2014, 05:33 PM
I have to say that if we played like that every Saturday we would have been down at the bottom. It's just that Adams hasn't got much idea of how to change things if plan a doesnt work (whatever that was ).

AstonAlex
24-02-2014, 11:21 PM
That's ironic, valefaninpeace, as I thought that Adams changed the tactics at Gresty Road and, as a result, won the game. We were playing with 3 CBs and the long balls were meat and drink to them. Then you brought Williamson (I think!) on for Hughill, started to play through the middle and between the centre backs and behind the wing backs and deservedly wont the match.

I was a bit surprised that Adams had tactical nous like that as I hadn't seen it at any previous club that he managed!! Still, hope we have 2 great matches next season against each other. I didn't go to Vale Park, but thought that, by and large, the match at our place was generally played in a good spirit for a local derby.