PDA

View Full Version : Hatred

44hammer
24-02-2014, 11:20 AM
We , when i say we i mean West Ham united are now hated by Southanmpton almost as much as they hate you.
The vitriol and abuse thay have slung at us on thier fans forums, scumweb, etc etc is weird and somewhat baffling . They get beat and cry into thier hay about bullying and long ball and how we are so lucky.
Isn't that football all over?
The game is about winning and using the best tools available to achieve that ,**** me anyone would have thought they have the divine right to win as they supposedly play on the floor.
Statistics will prove otherwise.
Sad sacks

Corkhead
24-02-2014, 11:36 AM
It's because you are a club with a tradition of winning trophies. They don't like that. Makes 'em jealous and all twitter and bisted. :D

BlueAdder
24-02-2014, 11:49 AM
I think it's because they tend to come second, or lower.

OhWell
24-02-2014, 11:53 AM

You don't seem to have much of a grip on reality. Have you looked at the league tables recently or even for most of the last sixty years?

PS As a Saints fan, I'd say that West Ham are one of my favourite other teams, and you deserved to beat us on Saturday. Even if there is a bit of post-match banter, I very much doubt that any Saints fans hate West Ham.

chiswickmart
24-02-2014, 12:06 PM

You don't seem to have much of a grip on reality. Have you looked at the league tables recently or even for most of the last sixty years?

PS As a Saints fan, I'd say that West Ham are one of my favourite other teams, and you deserved to beat us on Saturday. Even if there is a bit of post-match banter, I very much doubt that any Saints fans hate West Ham.[/quote]

Yes, you appear in all the league tables of the last 60 years (it's noted you didn't say 65 ;D ), but that's about it. You're a club that exists, and that's about it.

Did you change your login because you didn't like your nickname?

Oh, and Weasel really hates West Ham. That defeat would've hurt him a lot. :D

Corkhead
24-02-2014, 12:11 PM
http://i58.tinypic.com/x54da9.jpg

PompeyScarf
24-02-2014, 12:42 PM
This made me laugh: - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-BqvkcovHE)

Southerndown
24-02-2014, 01:21 PM
It is quite baffling 44, I've often wondered what you lot had done to earn all the vitriol.
You'll probably find it's something as insignificant as one of your posters straying onto Saints Mad to say something nasty about them. That's often all it takes for them to turn on you en masse!

fairy1980
24-02-2014, 02:14 PM
Long ball you say Hammer.
Interesting

http://i58.tinypic.com/291lrnr.jpg

johno2499
24-02-2014, 02:18 PM
They may play on the floor but they try to bore the opposition to death, particularly away from home. Only to be expected from an Argie manager who only speaks Spanish and who has brought in a Spanish-speaking coaching team.

OhWell
24-02-2014, 03:01 PM
What you fail to mention is that they also have had more possession and have completed more short passes than nearly any other team in the Premier League.

As for the Portsmyth,"You're a club that exists, and that's about it" Pompey have finished as high as 8th in the top flight only once in the last sixty years. This will be the tenth time Saints have achieved that in the same period.

In that period, Pompey have been in 2 FA Cup Finals and won one of them; Southampton have been in one League Cup Final and two FA Cup Finals and also won one of them.

Southampton have qualified for Europe seven times: Portsmouth have qualified for Europe just once.

And, of course for nearly all of the last sixty years, Southampton have been above Portsmouth.

So the truth is that it's actually Portsmouth which is the club that exists and that's about it. You are,in fact, perennial bottom dwellers. - [url=http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/Seasons/3853/Stages/7794/TeamStatistics/Eng

Corkhead
24-02-2014, 03:10 PM
Forgive me if I give that one a miss.

pompeygun
24-02-2014, 03:30 PM
What you fail to mention is that they also have had more possession and have completed more short passes than nearly any other team in the Premier League.

As for the Portsmyth,"You're a club that exists, and that's about it" Pompey have finished as high as 8th in the top flight only once in the last sixty years. This will be the tenth time Saints have achieved that in the same period.

In that period, Pompey have been in 2 FA Cup Finals and won one of them; Southampton have been in one League Cup Final and two FA Cup Finals and also won one of them.

Southampton have qualified for Europe seven times: Portsmouth have qualified for Europe just once.

And, of course for nearly all of the last sixty years, Southampton have been above Portsmouth.

So the truth is that it's actually Portsmouth which is the club that exists and that's about it. You are,in fact, perennial bottom dwellers.

2 league titles & 2 F.A.Cups. Hurts eh.
XD XD XD

chiswickmart
24-02-2014, 03:42 PM
I love how he changes his but still uses the same tedious stat links to try and justify his position.

So more short passes and more long balls. Sounds like the centre backs pass it back and forth between one another before deciding which one hoofs it!! XD

You also seem rather confident about finishing as high as 8th this season - really????

44hammer
24-02-2014, 03:57 PM
:D i am glad it sparked a little bit of friendliness from your near neighbours , It takes all types of football to win games , they could not cope with our work rate and fell short defensively.
Anyway Adam Llanna has a face you want to slap and hope some day he gets some, England nailed on my ass.

Pentridge
24-02-2014, 04:14 PM
I don't hate West Ham at all, you don't seem that keen on us though, although kissing Pompey arse appears to be quite favourable..

chiswickmart
24-02-2014, 04:17 PM
I don't hate West Ham at all, you don't seem that keen on us though, although kissing Pompey arse appears to be quite favourable..

To be fair Pents, he's racked up more Pompey posts than you have over the years - which is truely saying something.

BlueAdder
24-02-2014, 04:42 PM

PS As a Saints fan, I'd say that West Ham are one of my favourite other teams, and you deserved to beat us on Saturday. Even if there is a bit of post-match banter, I very much doubt that any Saints fans hate West Ham.[/quote]

It was a Hammer that started this thread, not me.

Just looked at the League Tables and Saints are second or lower.

So don't really understand your post. :?

gosport
24-02-2014, 05:36 PM

So the truth is that it's actually Portsmouth which is the club that exists and that's about it. You are,in fact, perennial bottom dwellers.

in that time we also won the div 3 title and the

Jim
24-02-2014, 08:56 PM
"Hatred" is far too strong a word to use in football these days. How many Pompey fans actually truly "hate" Southampton and their fans?

I do admit I had a laugh at Scummers when their plan to rest players against Sunderland for the league well and truly worked for the West Ham game, then I remembered we lost 5-1 to S****horpe...

OhWell
24-02-2014, 09:13 PM
in that time we also won the div 3 title something you failed to do

Are you sure about that?

To be fair, there can't be many football fans who know what happened as long ago as 1960. I just looked it up and, apart from Southampton winning the div 3 title that year, it seems Burnley won the div. 1 title, and I doubt that many people would remember either of those events. You clearly don't.

Mangosmate
25-02-2014, 01:50 AM
Why have you focused the last 60 years?

Did nothing happen for you 70, 80 ,90 or 100 years ago

Oh no... it didn't!! Thats right! But of course we know all about the blue side of Hampshires dominance through that golden age of football. XD XD XD XD

West ham however are a club with a rich history.
Even with fat Sam in charge they owned you.
:heart: :D

Grannie64
25-02-2014, 06:20 AM
Mango why stop at 100 let's go back further why not 110,125 years. You could generally go back further... we support Saints you support Pompey, it's not a pissing contest though a lot of yours hang on to the past we are looking to the future. That is the main difference.
And Back on topic I have nothing against the Hammers my Aunt lived just the other side of the Barking Road for decades before retiring to Kent. The better team on the day won.

kernow
25-02-2014, 06:31 AM
What hatred ? :?

Some West Ham posters have a real chip on their shoulder about something !?

If it's not their London rivals it's some imagined hatred about or from just about everyone else !? Loada shiite !

So our young, naive team got found out by an experienced team and coach. There's no shame in being beaten fairly and squarely. O:)

gosport
25-02-2014, 06:40 AM

Are you sure about that?

To be fair, there can't be many football fans who know what happened as long ago as 1960. I just looked it up and, apart from Southampton winning the div 3 title that year, it seems Burnley won the div. 1 title, and I doubt that many people would remember either of those events. You clearly don't.[/quote]

my mistake . but no Div 1 title for you

44hammer
25-02-2014, 08:08 AM
It really started by your lots insistance that we only play "hoofball" when that is clearly not entirely true, yes we do go direct quote often but then we do mix it up by playing around a team ,once again depending on the oppo.
We love playing against teams who tippy tap around at the back, Southampton, Swansea, Spurs we have beaten all of those it gives us time to regroup and set up to defend.
Like it or not it is our survival that is important and i guess that is what dictates our style .

We as West Ham fans are not particularly fond of it but needs must, i expct Sam to be gone in a season or two anyway so perhaps we will adopt a different style.

chiswickmart
25-02-2014, 08:20 AM
To be fair, there can't be many football fans who know what happened as long ago as 1960. I just looked it up and, apart from Southampton winning the div 3 title that year, it seems Burnley won the div. 1 title, and I doubt that many people would remember either of those events. You clearly don't.

I bet all Burnley fans know that and probably their local rivals too. ;D

PompeyGlenn
25-02-2014, 11:46 AM
Glad to see creationism is alive and well in scum. History only goes back 60 yrs, bless.

pompeygun
25-02-2014, 01:29 PM

Are you sure about that?

To be fair, there can't be many football fans who know what happened as long ago as 1960. I just looked it up and, apart from Southampton winning the div 3 title that year, it seems Burnley won the div. 1 title, and I doubt that many people would remember either of those events. You clearly don't.[/quote]

I think he was possibly referring to 1983!!